Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios
Sign in to follow this  
Xiej0007

Our Yishun Greenwalk 5-Room Simple Simple Reno Journey

U r a star, Xiej0007! Thanks much for the link to Tiler Seng's reply. I have been reading RT blogs till my eyes are going to pop out!

Will u b using homogeneous tiles, like what Tiler Seng had in his pic? Or some other counter top? Your rationale? Also, top mounted or under mounted sink?

I was talking to one of the kitchen designers and said I want a concrete structure for my sink. She looked at me and said 'old fashioned'. I think pragmatic me will still stick to concrete structure but am still mulling what kind of tops I should be using.

Having a concrete support at the stove area is also good when the stove is so near the sink. So glad to have read your blog!

Looking for good contractors? Click here for your request

U r a star, Xiej0007! Thanks much for the link to Tiler Seng's reply. I have been reading RT blogs till my eyes are going to pop out!

Will u b using homogeneous tiles, like what Tiler Seng had in his pic? Or some other counter top? Your rationale? Also, top mounted or under mounted sink?

I was talking to one of the kitchen designers and said I want a concrete structure for my sink. She looked at me and said 'old fashioned'. I think pragmatic me will still stick to concrete structure but am still mulling what kind of tops I should be using.

Having a concrete support at the stove area is also good when the stove is so near the sink. So glad to have read your blog!

Hi Super blur, I'll be using solid table top to wrap the top. The inner structure of the concrete will be covered with homo tiles. We are using top mount cos the blanco sink which fits our criterias only come in top mount.

Glad that this t blog can help you just like how I have benefit from the others. Have fun renovating

Checked out our place last Sat. Things seem to move pretty fast. The living room tiles are halfway through, and the mould for sink and stove are done alr. Let the pics do the talking:

Glad that everything is wrapped up and nicely protected :)

gallery_59873_8_134807.jpg

3/4 done for living room tiles

gallery_59873_8_346201.jpg

The tiler is quite meticulous

gallery_59873_8_400093.jpg

The cement mould for sink and stove

gallery_59873_8_99621.jpg

The fridge base and the support for the qi zhuang

gallery_59873_8_155002.jpg

The base for washing machine

gallery_59873_8_123579.jpg

The ID upon knowing that we are there, drove down from his office to meet us to discuss about the kitchen qi zhuang and carpentry stuff. He also told us that the tiles used for base of washing machine and fridge are of two different kind, to be identical to the kitchen default tiles. Before he came, my wife and I were discussing how come there is enough tiles to make the base. We cant really tell the difference. Thumbz Up.

So far so good. Everything is in good hands. :)

Great progress.

Are you gg to overlay the tiles for your bathroom ?

Hi Songz,

Sadly we are not. Trying to save money. Anyway, we're glad the bathroom tiles are dark in colour.

I see that you have done cement support for the sink area. How much does this cost you?

It cost us around 900 to top up to make that cement support. Don't know if that is expensive.

It cost us around 900 to top up to make that cement support. Don't know if that is expensive.

I asked my id on this too. They quoted me about the same price. Didn't know so expensive too. Then check with you. Indeed the price is about the same.

But I'm sure it will be more lasting compared to solid plywood.

Good thing about concrete base is more lasting and stable, also not afraid of water sipping into wood.

However like what you said, it comes with a price.