Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios
Sign in to follow this  
Xiej0007

Our Yishun Greenwalk 5-Room Simple Simple Reno Journey

Hi the gas piping is it do a U turn connection? If yes, why is it so? Is your ID suggested it?

Thanks

Hi blackie,

Yup we are doing U-turn for the gas piping. Gas piping will be hidden behind the cabinets cos we don't want gas pipes behind the refrigerator so ID suggested to do U-turn and this allows the gas pipes to be hidden.

Join 46,923 satisfied homeowners who used renotalk quotation service to find interior designers. Get an estimated quotation

BTO flats now comes with LAN line but it is under utilised byusing it as telephone line. You have to convert those telephone ports to LAN points. Default only living room is LAN point. Dont need to ask contractor for it, you can find those people in facebook 'BTO networking'. Charges as per point basis.

Thanks. Any idea whether the LAN line is cat 5e or cat6?

Edited by ecolour11

Hi blackie,

Yup we are doing U-turn for the gas piping. Gas piping will be hidden behind the cabinets cos we don't want gas pipes behind the refrigerator so ID suggested to do U-turn and this allows the gas pipes to be hidden.

Isnt it this will cost more? Mine is straight down L shape connection. The center piping will expose so i wonder how is it being hidden :) got to wait till they complete the kitchen cabinets. No glass backing whatsoever so i wonder anyone can share some light on this one. Sorry to hijack your blog.

Isnt it this will cost more? Mine is straight down L shape connection. The center piping will expose so i wonder how is it being hidden :) got to wait till they complete the kitchen cabinets. No glass backing whatsoever so i wonder anyone can share some light on this one. Sorry to hijack your blog.

It didn't cost us extra to do that. I think the ID was going to do the U-turn anyway. And no worries about the hijack! We're here to share in renotalk. :)

It didn't cost us extra to do that. I think the ID was going to do the U-turn anyway. And no worries about the hijack! We're here to share in renotalk. :)

Getting lazier to post these days. But need to finish what I started.

Ok, this week the parquet floor is grind, and the study area platform is done.

I quite like the platform. Before the platform, thought that the area is quite small. After that, it seems like the area there is more spacious. My first tot is to put standing punching bag there (Need to ask ID if the platform can withstand heavy duty). The original idea is to put standing punching bag somewhere beside dining table and coffee table. Wont be utilizing the common room, scare that the wooden floor can't withstand the impact.

gallery_59873_8_219549.jpg

gallery_59873_8_129529.jpg

gallery_59873_8_401395.jpg

Edited by Xiej0007

gallery_59873_8_244739.jpg

gallery_59873_8_116090.jpg

The colour tones of bedroom flooring between room 1 and room 2 seem to be different. Think it is due to the reflection of light from the different wall paints.

gallery_59873_8_215429.jpg

gallery_59873_8_291585.jpg

gallery_59873_8_181672.jpg

Hi blackie,

Hi, are holes drilled by ur ID or contractor prior to the citygas installer for the U-turn(kitchen to service yard and kitchen back to service yard) of citygas pipe?

Hi, are holes drilled by ur ID or contractor prior to the citygas installer for the U-turn(kitchen to service yard and kitchen back to service yard) of citygas pipe?

Hi Oscaroscar,

I remembered seeing some holes prior to the installation of the citygas. I think my ID told the citygas people how to run the piping. :)

Hi, a question open to all, is it ok to purchase bathroom accessories such as toilet roll holder etc which requires drilling? will it damage the wall tiles?

Would you recommend the drill or suction kind?

Thanks in advance!

Hi,

Wondering whether you can share the cost for the installation of gas piping by citygas?

Hi ecolour11,

I'm not sure the cost of the installation yet as I've not been charged the installation. But a quick check online shows that it is $60. :)