Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios
Sign in to follow this  
sanpokchubby

Sanpok Chubby @ 3rm Bukit Batok

It may be too early for this blog but I can't wait to get started.

First appointment on 5 Oct, but i have already gotten the floorplan so here it is!

It is not a typical 3NG but slightly bigger, but more odd shaped lor.

layoutkw.th.jpg

I have thinking of whether to engage a contractor or ID?

I went down to TradeHub21 recently and spoken to *, Weiken and 2Form. I had also spoken to Boon Siew Design which is near my office at Balestier. So waiting for all of them to get back to me.

Meanwhile after speaking to them, i manage to get some ideas to the space planning and drawed up something myself

myproposedlayout.th.jpg

Edited by sanpokchubby

Join 46,923 satisfied homeowners who used renotalk quotation service to find interior designers. Get an estimated quotation

Went through several material and already have a preferred theme for the living room in mind, which I liked to call Cheerful Minimalist!

Clean, white, little bit of brown and splashes of colours

Some examples can be found in the below:

http://www.homeanddecor.com.sg/homes/clean-simple

http://www.homeanddecor.com.sg/homes/breathing-space

I think i roughly know what I want so not too sure if i need an interior designer ...

One of the ID got say if not much works is being done for the living room, then no perspective drawings would be done. For living room, I am thinking of just building a shelf and shoe cabinet.

As for for kitchen, I believe designs are quite typical. Similar for bedroom. So I have thinking to do without perspective drawings too. Just those 3D ones will do... maybe can save some cost.

In this case, perhaps I can just engage contractor??? hmmm .........

Edited by sanpokchubby

There will definitely be a difference in cost when it comes to contractor or ID. If you already sort of have a design in mind for your new house, you can consider getting a contractor. But bear in mind you have to do most of the work yourself - coming out with a look or theme for your house, the arrangement of furniture for each room, selection of tiles and its placement, etc. So if both you and your husband are busy people, it's better to get an ID who can help you to coordinate everything so that you do not need to keep going down to your new house to check on the reno process.

But of course the end result will be more satisfying if you are the one who does most of the work :) The house will also feel like it belongs more to you since you are the one who comes up with most of the design ideas ;)

helo sanpok. teehee your nickname is so cute huh, okie the 1st pic gives me an white minimalist look. but u must bear in mind the hassle of always keeping it clean & uncluttered. what about your kids next time? or u oredi have kids? the 2nd pic have a 'floating like ceiling feature' and marble flooring, so that will have additional cost. u are looking at what budget?

helo sanpok. teehee your nickname is so cute huh, okie the 1st pic gives me an white minimalist look. but u must bear in mind the hassle of always keeping it clean & uncluttered. what about your kids next time? or u oredi have kids? the 2nd pic have a 'floating like ceiling feature' and marble flooring, so that will have additional cost. u are looking at what budget?

Actually, sanpok is my hubby. I am Chubby. Haha!

Those pics are rough themes I have in mind. You are right. Me and my hubby both very lazy so white is a problem for us. there is another design that i like which i not too white, but I can't find the url now. This is my friend recommendation. Plan to call them up for a discussion too.

Actually, sanpok is my hubby. I am Chubby. Haha!

Those pics are rough themes I have in mind. You are right. Me and my hubby both very lazy so white is a problem for us. there is another design that i like which i not too white, but I can't find the url now. This is my friend recommendation. Plan to call them up for a discussion too.

Hi Pinklady, can you PM me the contact and email of your contractor too? How do you find him?

Welcome! Nice place u've got there. :) Since u know what u like and want, it shouldn't be a problem to engage a contractor. A contractor should be able to assist u since u already have an idea of wat u prefer. :) Can save some $$, and buy nice decor items for the house. :)

Hi Hi Welcome welcome

Since you have a rough idea, it's gd to engage a contractor since you can save quite a bit of $$

But pls be warned that everything you will have to DIY, from selecting tiles to sanitary appliances and furnishings as contractor will not accompany you unlike an ID :)

Hi all

Thanks for your advice. I am also not sure if I am up to the task of following through with all the minor details. Maybe can see if the ID can don't design but just provide me with dimension drawings and actual works as well as advise on colour coordination, etc.

Anyway I will be talking to some ID/contractors recommended by forumers and friends this week, so hopefully have better negotating power

- Innovation Workshop

- Hwa Li

- Jason from U&B

- Arte Living Design Studio

Has anyone heard of them before (other than Jason, of coz)

Hi Hi Welcome welcome

Since you have a rough idea, it's gd to engage a contractor since you can save quite a bit of $$

But pls be warned that everything you will have to DIY, from selecting tiles to sanitary appliances and furnishings as contractor will not accompany you unlike an ID :)

Hello

Welcome to Rt-blog

True , contractor will save $$$ but u must have a theme or design of what u want

My contractor accompany me to select tiles ....

As for sanitary appliances , better dun let those ID accompany u , as they will get commission from the shop. If u shop yrself they will give u discount (minus of the commission for ID)

Hello

Welcome to Rt-blog

True , contractor will save $$$ but u must have a theme or design of what u want

My contractor accompany me to select tiles ....

As for sanitary appliances , better dun let those ID accompany u , as they will get commission from the shop. If u shop yrself they will give u discount (minus of the commission for ID)

Thanks for the useful advice.

When you say sanitary appliances, you mean things like basin, toilet, etc is it?