Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios
Sign in to follow this  
dreamgirl

Ideal Age To Have 1st Baby

How can there be such a thing? It's so personal.

It is different from person to person, but just want to know what the majority of people thinks. I think it's good to share thought on this as having baby is a lifetime commitment.

Join 46,923 satisfied homeowners who used renotalk quotation service to find interior designers. Get an estimated quotation
Ppl ages....dun need to be so "happy" abt my age....

i guess you got misunderstand bcos i'm not happy. everybody will reach 30s sooner or later. :wub:

How can there be such a thing? It's so personal.

that's what I was trying to put across....but people here seems ignoring that serious post hehe....

what you think, or what you did, may not be suitable to others.

now is not like our parents' time, where you can just simply give birth liao then see how.

Government no longer safeguard your HDB flat when you can't afford to pay, your jobs are getting more and more demanding, living expenses are rising like crazy and faster than your pay rise....

So, please do your own planning, dun have "fun" just for the sake of it. Later you want to cry also tear cannot come out then u know hehe....

that's what I was trying to put across....but people here seems ignoring that serious post hehe....

what you think, or what you did, may not be suitable to others.

now is not like our parents' time, where you can just simply give birth liao then see how.

Government no longer safeguard your HDB flat when you can't afford to pay, your jobs are getting more and more demanding, living expenses are rising like crazy and faster than your pay rise....

So, please do your own planning, dun have "fun" just for the sake of it. Later you want to cry also tear cannot come out then u know hehe....

yup, agreed. when your finanical is stable liao then can start to plan for babies. i've came across a teenager couples and they were shot-gun so bo bian got to marry. after their first child was born liao then 1-2 years later and their second child came along. my first impression was, "wow manz, so fast! can they afford a not?!" it doesnt mean i looked down on them but they're still very young and they're staying in those 1 rm hdb flat. how can they manage? :D

my hb and i are much older than them; we havent even want to plan for babies yet and moreover my hb and i had married earlier than them. :bleah:

if have, then really bo pian ma. Then how to manage your financial expectation of your lifestyle. If 1 has to quit to look after the family, then have to lor. Just have to tighten the belt.

if have, then really bo pian ma. Then how to manage your financial expectation of your lifestyle. If 1 has to quit to look after the family, then have to lor. Just have to tighten the belt.

i guess pregnancy can be controlled lor. it depends on the couples whether they want to do that a not. :unsure:

some people probably just give birth blindly. :(

i guess pregnancy can be controlled lor. it depends on the couples whether they want to do that a not. :notti:

some people probably just give birth blindly. :(

Both history and statistics have shown that people who got alot of kids usually got nothing to do. Just look at our grandparents; last time the hawkers, farmers, etc will have more kids while those who are businessmen and busy with their business will have fewer kids.

Erm, today it is still the same. My ex-neighbour in a 1-rm flat got 5 kids, father is a cleaner/odd-job-labourer and mother not working. Wonder how to survive...please don't ask me what race. :unsure:

Edited by zirhk3355

Last time, those farmer too poor to hire people, so produce more then their children will help out in the field when they grew up. Eat when they produce. Needs are simple.

Today, want car, want holiday. Kids also want to go to the best child care, take up more enrichment course. Then really need financial planning and budgeting.

Pregnancy can controlled, but also not 100% solid. Still got miss chances. So if have, I will want it. If dun have, I will wait till I have lor.

yah lah, no 100% one coz most of the time, it's due to "user problem" lol!

those people are called the baby boomers.....now applicable for the time now. They are already in the early 60s.

Edited by tingshen

having a baby shouldnt be a result of an 'accident'. it should be a conscious and responsible decision made by the couple. Nobody can be truly prepared for their first child.. i mean how can anyone be prepared if they have no prior experience? The thing is you must know and undertand the responsibility that comes with a baby... financially, emotionally and practically and then decide to have one.

Being financially secure first is important but not essential as it is subjective. how much is enough? im sure we have seen pple survive with big families but with little income. Recently the papers published articles on living a simple life, which is a good read. I guess it all boils down to sound financial planning. If one party fears that having a baby will mean that they cannot go travel or buy that BMW, then that couple is not ready.

a baby should be a bonus to life, if the attitude is right, the responsibilities that come along should be well embraced.

this can come at any stage of life (erm.. minus teenagehood i guess).

my 1 cent worth. :dancingqueen: