Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios
Sign in to follow this  
Screwed

Smell From Neighbours Cooking

Smoking is worst than those cooking smell, at least it is not unhealthy.

Haiz.

Ya lor....agree agree.....My neighbour 1 level below mine at my old hse, though she cooks at nite which I like...bt she will followed by smoking after hving the late dinner which I dun like...She likes to smoke from her MBR's window and the smoke will travel all the way to my MBR. Tis kinda smell I dun like and cannot tahan...I became a passive smoker indirectly and in the middle of the nite! !!

Looking for good contractors? Click here for your request
Ya lor....agree agree.....My neighbour 1 level below mine at my old hse, though she cooks at nite which I like...bt she will followed by smoking after hving the late dinner which I dun like...She likes to smoke from her MBR's window and the smoke will travel all the way to my MBR. Tis kinda smell I dun like and cannot tahan...I became a passive smoker indirectly and in the middle of the nite! :notti:

Buy a cheap can of air freshener and when you detect smoke, spray generously outside your mbr window...nozzle pointing downwards in her direction...then quickly close window...your "smoke detection device".... :notti:

this makes me wonder if the hdb way of building flats is really :notti: :notti:

the kitchen is always where the laundry is

so when you cook, the smell will kenna the laundered clothes

be it your own or your neighbours.

why didn't they separate the area???

guess it's a price to pay for living in public housing

we all have sometime we dun like about our neighbours

e.g. my block got one mad dog

only discovered this when i took the stairs instead of the lift

the moment the dog heard my footsteps, he started growling.

i've been around small and BIG dogs but the sound still sends a shudder down my spine.

think he will start to attack the moment he is let loose :notti:

Buy a cheap can of air freshener and when you detect smoke, spray generously outside your mbr window...nozzle pointing downwards in her direction...then quickly close window...your "smoke detection device".... :dunno:

No la...I did not do tat last time...now shifted liao, so no more...

If I joined this forum before I seold my hse, I tink I will try yr idea man! :bangwall:

No la...I did not do tat last time...now shifted liao, so no more...

If I joined this forum before I seold my hse, I tink I will try yr idea man! :dribble:

Tie a fishing string to the tail of a salted fish, the other end on the bamboo and hang it out. If your neighbour complain then say, why you smoke my salted fish ah? :bow:

TPY, then you are being the inconsiderate neighbour here.....

:bow: but then why hor caucasiain also don't like durian, why still people can eat durian at home ah? by eating stuff to your preference and not the others are being considered as inconsiderate neighbour?

Lucky this is a reno forum and not Young P.A.P forum, so no need to be so serious lah, just for laughters of the day....icon6.gif

this makes me wonder if the hdb way of building flats is really :bangwall: :bangwall:

the kitchen is always where the laundry is

so when you cook, the smell will kenna the laundered clothes

be it your own or your neighbours.

why didn't they separate the area???

guess it's a price to pay for living in public housing

we all have sometime we dun like about our neighbours

e.g. my block got one mad dog

only discovered this when i took the stairs instead of the lift

the moment the dog heard my footsteps, he started growling.

i've been around small and BIG dogs but the sound still sends a shudder down my spine.

think he will start to attack the moment he is let loose :(

Not all flats. Those with service balcony is where the laundry area is too, and is not part of the kitchen.

So really depends if you want cheap HDB new flat or resale flat (can choose the layout).

Tie a fishing string to the tail of a salted fish, the other end on the bamboo and hang it out. If your neighbour complain then say, why you smoke my salted fish ah? :notti:

:notti: but then why hor caucasiain also don't like durian, why still people can eat durian at home ah? by eating stuff to your preference and not the others are being considered as inconsiderate neighbour?

Lucky this is a reno forum and not Young P.A.P forum, so no need to be so serious lah, just for laughters of the day....icon6.gif

Or maybe we should cultivate patience and understanding first before seeking consideration from others??

Anyway, here is for us to share experience, not to do anything dramatic.

hehehe my place is with service balcony, which is directly next to the kitchen

so when i cook, the laundry will still kenna

unless i close the door and window, which will result in a greasy living room

either way is :bangwall: :bangwall:

maybe they should consider having some sort of ventilation which works like a hood, but expels the greasy air at the roof :notti:

hehehe my place is with service balcony, which is directly next to the kitchen

so when i cook, the laundry will still kenna

unless i close the door and window, which will result in a greasy living room

either way is :bangwall: :bangwall:

maybe they should consider having some sort of ventilation which works like a hood, but expels the greasy air at the roof :notti:

Actually even if we turn on the hood while cooking, chances are the kitchen will still be greasy too...so siao liao...my kitchen no door....cannot do heavy cooking...

I agree with you, nowadays new flats have their laundry area directly outside kitchen....and some more, cannot close window while cooking cos your whole house will be greasy and smelly....ya shd hv some sort of ventilation like those foodcourts hor... :(

Not all flats. Those with service balcony is where the laundry area is too, and is not part of the kitchen.

So really depends if you want cheap HDB new flat or resale flat (can choose the layout).

Or maybe we should cultivate patience and understanding first before seeking consideration from others??

Anyway, here is for us to share experience, not to do anything dramatic.

I don't think any of us here is planning to do anything dramatic, sometimes post for laughter just to lighten up the day and the topic discussion :notti:

Hi

i just shifted into a small 4 room flat, previously big old 5 room, very swee, well renovated.

but this time quite sad no renovation done nevertheless the unit is quite well maintained.

however, what really irritate us is not the space but the smell from other units cooking. Theres nothing much we can do. What pissed me off is the smell that linger the whole night from the kitchen to the living ?

Is there anything that i can do to neutralise the smell ? does by closing the windows help ?

Keep spraying the air freshner but the the smell is so much stronger. God knows what the they are cooking

Try to using exhaust ventilator on kitchen ceiling. it will clean the smell from the kitchen.

good luck

my old unit got some seow lang do their cooking at the clothes drying section of the kitchen. In the end, every unit above them kena smelly clothes as the cooking fumes will travel out their window onto the clothes hanging above them.

Complained to RC/Town Council. Things improved for a while, then back again. Think this kind of things very difficult to solve. What we end up doing is to keep the clothes in once we hear the frying sound and shut the windows immediately. When sleeping, shut the windows as well.

You guys are so lucky to smell food. Be it aromatic or stinking it is still food.

I have the unfortunate luck to stay next to neighbour who has "Hong Kong" foot.

The short corridor leading to my house and his only services both our apartment.

He leaves his smelly shoes( a few pairs) outside on a shoe rack and everytime, I come home or open the door, I get to smell that obnoxious smell. I have managed to alleviate the situation slightly by placing "perfumed" bottles on my side of my shoe rack.

:(