Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios
Sign in to follow this  
Screwed

Smell From Neighbours Cooking

Hi

i just shifted into a small 4 room flat, previously big old 5 room, very swee, well renovated.

but this time quite sad no renovation done nevertheless the unit is quite well maintained.

however, what really irritate us is not the space but the smell from other units cooking. Theres nothing much we can do. What pissed me off is the smell that linger the whole night from the kitchen to the living ?

Is there anything that i can do to neutralise the smell ? does by closing the windows help ?

Keep spraying the air freshner but the the smell is so much stronger. God knows what the they are cooking

Looking for good contractors? Click here for your request

close the windows, spray floral or citrus scents... if all fails, say loudly at the kitchen window... wah so smelly ah... seriously, we did that & it helped :D

close the windows, spray floral or citrus scents... if all fails, say loudly at the kitchen window... wah so smelly ah... seriously, we did that & it helped :)

fix/buy a portable ventilator near the kitchen window.

I guess we cannot control wat they cook at their units right? Unless they BBQ at the corridors, then

cannot la...

Perhaps bt burning scented candles/sticks wll help?

Or those ventilator, whereby we just pour water and aromatherapy oil will do?

if in the day i dun mind, but sometime 11+ pm when I zzz, still can smell ppl cooking, that's the worst.

So far, I have bought a midi-air purifiers from DIY shop, also sometime burn the aroma oil or if lazy, just use the green aroma with water :good:

Perhaps yr neighbours doing biz at home? Or they knock off oni at tat time and go home cook dinner?

For me, I dun tink I mind if it is good smelling food....

My neighbour at my old hse also like tat...she stays 1 floor below me and every nite she cooks around 10 plus....I can even smell it from my bedroom...Bt the smell is simply heavenly la.....sometimes even make me go to bed feeling hungry though I have taken my dinner...

Edited by karen77sg

Perhaps yr neighbours doing biz at home? Or they knock off oni at tat time and go home cook dinner?

My neighbour at my old hse also like tat...she stays 1 floor below me and every nite she cooks around 10 plus....I can even smell it from my bedroom...Bt the smell is simply heavenly la.....sometimes even make me go to bed feeling hungry though I have taken my dinner...

:dancingqueen: you sounded beri yao kui leh 24.gif24.gif24.gif

same same, last time my neighbour always start cooking around 10 plus

makes me feel hungry, esp when they fry salted fish :dancingqueen::(

How u noe I glutton? I very yao kui when comes to food....l..wahahahahahahaha :sport-smiley-004:

Any body knows where to get the best grade raw furgmented DouFu 臭豆腐 in Singapore ? I have a urge to fry it whenever people started to cook at mid-night ?icon12.gificon11.gif:jawdrop:

but to fry the smelly tofu means making your home smelly before you can even affect others wor

is it worth it?

live and let live bah :dancingqueen:

scarli her neighbours LOVES smelly tofu one.....

Smoking is worst than those cooking smell, at least it is not unhealthy.

Haiz.

Wah, a neighbor that smokes is the WORST !! !! !! ! Really makes me !! :notti::(

Just want to spray water at the person to extinguish the cigarette...

And dunno why these smokers always choose to smoke when I go to bed (i.e. after 11pm). They cannot sleep, so must spread the 'sleeplessness' around!

Currently still waiting for keys to new flat, but current place don't really have problem of smell from neighbor's cooking. Perhaps it has also got to do with the wind direction. But if it is 'kiam' fish, then harbeiz man...and all my laundry also harbeiz...

I think the best solution is either the kitchen exhaust fan suggestion or to ventilate the kitchen/living room (i.e. open windows and door, but close the kitchen window).