Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios
Sign in to follow this  
lhscath

Cheapest Place For Groceries/toiletries/home Essentials?

hi,

Anyone has idea of where is the cheapest place to get these stuff:

- Grocery / Provision e.g. rice, salt/sugar

- Beverage e.g. 3-in-1 coffee, cereal

- Home Essentials e.g. detergent, bleach

- Toiletries e.g. shower foam, shampoo

so far i have been getting toiletries from a shop in Chinatown. Their price can be a few cents to a dollar cheaper than Fairprice. But for other stuff, I get from either Fairprice or C.K.

Looking for good contractors? Click here for your request

a lot a lot depends on the brand and the promotions the various supermarts are having

what brand of instant coffee do you drink?

my favourite brand is old town, cheapest selling at $5.20 at sheng shiong (now only $4.95 promo) compared to $5.95 at NTUC or cold storage

sheng shiong can consider the best place to get canned drinks

24cans of coke at $10.50, compared to $8 for 12 cans at giant

as for toiletries, find that CK got one of the best price esp if you are not particular about the brand of shampoo/shower gel

watch out for the thursday newspapers and buy the coupon items

they are one of the cheapest around

we usually buy and stock up when got coupon sale :horse:

another thing to consider is where you stay

if you stay TPY and i tell you a shop in chinatown sell rice very cheap

are you going to spend the money on transport to come to chinatown just to buy the rice? !!

a lot a lot depends on the brand and the promotions the various supermarts are having

what brand of instant coffee do you drink?

my favourite brand is old town, cheapest selling at $5.20 at sheng shiong (now only $4.95 promo) compared to $5.95 at NTUC or cold storage

sheng shiong can consider the best place to get canned drinks

24cans of coke at $10.50, compared to $8 for 12 cans at giant

as for toiletries, find that CK got one of the best price esp if you are not particular about the brand of shampoo/shower gel

watch out for the thursday newspapers and buy the coupon items

they are one of the cheapest around

we usually buy and stock up when got coupon sale :thumbs up:

another thing to consider is where you stay

if you stay TPY and i tell you a shop in chinatown sell rice very cheap

are you going to spend the money on transport to come to chinatown just to buy the rice? :dancingqueen:

r u talking abt Straits Times on thurs? ok i'll take note of tat

actually i stay ard bukit merah area so now i'm thinking of which one is the nearest Sheng Shiong outlet

luckily there's a CK store v near to my house

thanks applefreak :bangwall:

Ang Mo. Only know they have branches in Ang Mo Kio Ave 10 and Loyang area.

hi TYM,

i never heard of Ang Mo

it's also abit too out of the way for me... thanks anyway :furious:

r u talking abt Straits Times on thurs? ok i'll take note of tat

actually i stay ard bukit merah area so now i'm thinking of which one is the nearest Sheng Shiong outlet

luckily there's a CK store v near to my house

thanks applefreak :rolleyes:

hi TYM,

i never heard of Ang Mo

it's also abit too out of the way for me... thanks anyway :good:

I tink the nearest Sheng Shiong outlet nearest to Bukit Merah is the one next to commonwealth MRT.

It is a newly open Sheng Shiong outlet and heard it is v good, bt I hv not been there yet.

I tink the nearest Sheng Shiong outlet nearest to Bukit Merah is the one next to commonwealth MRT.

It is a newly open Sheng Shiong outlet and heard it is v good, bt I hv not been there yet.

thanks karen77sg !!

my hubby's office going to shift there soon, so i can ask him to do all the shopping :sport-smiley-018:

i tried to find websites for the supermarkets in sg

too bad Sheng Siong & Carrefour doesn't post their prices online, else could compare

i cant find Giant's website, anyone has?

did i leave out any other supermarket?

http://www.shengsiong.com.sg/

http://www.carrefour.com.sg/

http://www.fairprice.com.sg/

http://www.coldstorage.com.sg/

Toiletries and cosmetics i buy from Mustafa because cheaper by at least 50 cents minimum to sometimes a dollar.

Household cleaning stuff and groceries, we shop at Giant/ Carrefour in JB. Half the price of what is sold here. We borrow my in-law's vehicle and drive in.

If you are into cereals, POST cereals in Sheng Shiong is super cheap! At least $1-$2 cheaper.

But note that while you can find a lot of cheap stuff in Sheng Shiong, not everything is the cheapest. Then again, there is no place that can be everything cheapest one. I usually shop at the commonwealth MRT branch coz near my oppit. :deal:

If you are into cereals, POST cereals in Sheng Shiong is super cheap! At least $1-$2 cheaper.

But note that while you can find a lot of cheap stuff in Sheng Shiong, not everything is the cheapest. Then again, there is no place that can be everything cheapest one. I usually shop at the commonwealth MRT branch coz near my oppit. :yamseng:

There is. Nowadays we go to Johor once every 1-2 months and do our grocery shopping there, including toiletries. Usually in singapore can easily cost around 300 plus. But in JB, all done at half the cost. So those who have cars or can borrow parents/siblings/in-laws, worth going across the causeway to the Giant or Carrefour.

There is. Nowadays we go to Johor once every 1-2 months and do our grocery shopping there, including toiletries. Usually in singapore can easily cost around 300 plus. But in JB, all done at half the cost. So those who have cars or can borrow parents/siblings/in-laws, worth going across the causeway to the Giant or Carrefour.

Haha...our neighbour don't say lah, it's cheap for us coz of exchange rate, like a guy from England will probably find our things dirt cheap! Heehee....