Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios
Sign in to follow this  
karen77sg

Main Door Facing Windows

Hi Experts,

Tried to post my new topic in the other relevant topic, unfortunately the thread is locked already!

I hv heard a lot of experts say tt main door facing windows is not good.

The problem is tt when I enter my hse, I can c a 3 panel windows from the main door although

it is quite far away. Bt the main point is I still c the windows when I enter the hse ma...

I noe tis is no good and has went searching for screens and dividers today. Unfortunately the

screens tt I like are out of my budget! All costs around $700...

Then HB suggested calling our contractor to put up a full length partition wall from ceiling to flooring

and with skirtings. Is tis ok? Works betta than screens or dividers? Cos totally cannot c thru liao ma....

The oni bad point is mabbe not as windy as before la cos got wall liao ma...

My contractor agreed and quote me the price liao...

Please help :good: Urgently as I need to inform my contractor soon if it is not feasible!

Yr help greatly appreciated! Thanks in advance! :rolleyes:

Join 46,923 satisfied homeowners who used renotalk quotation service to find interior designers. Get an estimated quotation

this is the best way to block bad things.

a full height concrete/plaster wall blocks 100% - for everything ..including door facing door.

some would suggest hanging some ornaments - but it blocks only 50% or less never 100%.

a full height concrete/plaster wall blocks 100% - for everything ..including door facing door.

some would suggest hanging some ornaments - but it blocks only 50% or less never 100%.

Thanks Mace....Will inform contractor to start work asap.

Will post the fotos once done....

Hi Mace, I have asked my contractor to put up the partition wall, but not completed, left skirtings and

paintings. Now I cannot c the windows once I enter the house which I am happy :yamseng: . Bt the plm is the distance between main door to the partition wall (abt 7 feet) is quite dark cos the sunlight from the other side of the windows cannot shine in. Get wat I mean? Unless I open the main door...

Is there anyting "auspicious" or "good" which I can put there to counter the "dark area"? Btw if I c the FS ruler, 7 feet is good rite?

TIA for your help....OR do u need any floor plan to further advice? :dunno:

Hi Mace, I have asked my contractor to put up the partition wall, but not completed, left skirtings and

paintings. Now I cannot c the windows once I enter the house which I am happy :sport-smiley-004: . Bt the plm is the distance between main door to the partition wall (abt 7 feet) is quite dark cos the sunlight from the other side of the windows cannot shine in. Get wat I mean? Unless I open the main door...

Is there anyting "auspicious" or "good" which I can put there to counter the "dark area"? Btw if I c the FS ruler, 7 feet is good rite?

TIA for your help....OR do u need any floor plan to further advice? :(

just fix a energy saving lightbulb 24x7 to the area. get your contractor to do it, should be less than $100.

7ft or 8ft is for those who puts a altar facing maindoor. since you free thinker , then these measurements doesnt count. fs ruler is more for doors,altar table or house structure(if you rich enough to build one).

just fix a energy saving lightbulb 24x7 to the area. get your contractor to do it, should be less than $100.

7ft or 8ft is for those who puts a altar facing maindoor. since you free thinker , then these measurements doesnt count. fs ruler is more for doors,altar table or house structure(if you rich enough to build one).

I not free thinker....I got "Guang Yin" at home...bt the altar already fixed at another area...so I dun wanna

touch on it...

I got a white downlight at tat area, bt i dun wanna on it 24x7 cos i scared it will explode..

Besides putting lightbulb, can I put something else tat dun require any electricity? Cos I

dun wanna add to my quite high electricity bill and I also dun hv a power point at tat area too...

Please help...Thanks.

I not free thinker....I got "Guang Yin" at home...bt the altar already fixed at another area...so I dun wanna

touch on it...

I got a white downlight at tat area, bt i dun wanna on it 24x7 cos i scared it will explode..

Besides putting lightbulb, can I put something else tat dun require any electricity? Cos I

dun wanna add to my quite high electricity bill and I also dun hv a power point at tat area too...

Please help...Thanks.

bulbs dont explode. I have 2x halogen + 4x philips 5w energy savings bulbs switched on 24x7 and my pub bills are always below $70.00.

the only way to make a dark place to look bright is a light bulb, only conmen will tell you to hang whatever ornaments to make the dark place "look bright".

bulbs dont explode. I have 2x halogen + 4x philips 5w energy savings bulbs switched on 24x7 and my pub bills are always below $70.00.

the only way to make a dark place to look bright is a light bulb, only conmen will tell you to hang whatever ornaments to make the dark place "look bright".

Okok..thanks Mace, will try to ask my contractor to fix a power point there....gonna lose some more money again...sobz sobz...

Hi MACE

I have this suggestion and I dont know can work or not.

WHen open the main door, I can see the Living room windows, so means directly facing each other.

Need to do a divider or a cabinet to block it.

My questions:

1) I wonder whether can have 3/4 of the divider as a glass surface??

2) And thought of having my happy family photo taken and frame up and put it at the display shelves (one of the divider shelves) facing the main door?

Plse advice.

Best regards.

HAPPY

glass cannot block - window is glass remember?

photo facing main door.....looks funny - only funeral parlour does that(sorry for being straight forward). nothing wrong with fs though.

photo facing main door.....looks funny - only funeral parlour does that(sorry for being straight forward). nothing wrong with fs though.

hahaha...thanks better dont put photo lah.

But, yes window is glass but normally living room window will be open fully to have more windy and fresh air, while divider glass is just one piece...you get what I mean...If according to fs, then probably I will have it conceal up by having Full height cabinet.

Ya Mace, I also heard my FSM tat foto cannot face door, no matter its facing main door or bedroom doors.

Bt when I went my friend's hse, their wedding foto is facing out of their MBR, whereby we can c the foto from the LR to the MBR. And he told me his FSM particularly ask him to place it there. Is there any special meaning? :notti:

Ya Mace, I also heard my FSM tat foto cannot face door, no matter its facing main door or bedroom doors.

Bt when I went my friend's hse, their wedding foto is facing out of their MBR, whereby we can c the foto from the LR to the MBR. And he told me his FSM particularly ask him to place it there. Is there any special meaning? :notti:

location(compass bearing SW, NW) or simply...the fsm is a conmen.