Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios
Sign in to follow this  
piggiedearz

Jurong West St 64 Residents - (july 07 Ballot)

Adding myself to the list~~ :)

675A : samluvbliss, toothytooth, apprye

675B : Spotkev, Alexter, greenskyiv

676A : ilovecoffee, kiki2004, TinyEyes, mysotic, sengkt, thomnjan

676B : crazygirl48, roseberry, shutiao06, popeye gal

677A : cyanide, bpheng

677B : shootmie

677C : inuya5ha, junxian

678A : teodami, Commando, bubbletan, jogal, baby_whyme, jjcian

678B : rav3n, GraCieGaL

678C : missyling, adathong, reds79

678D : dar80, NiVleK

Looking for good contractors? Click here for your request

hi there! A warm welcome to our new neighbours! :yamseng:

o.. so the flats werent premium in the 1st place.. tat explains the quality of the flooring etc.

anyway, personally i've never thought of stayin in JW. felt it was at the extreme end and boon lay is reali a very very crowded place..juz look at jurong point hee. but when my frn told me he's ballotin for flats here, and i very much wana have a place on my own, so managed to persuade hubby to apply too hee. and we din regret gettin an unit.. love the unit we've chosen. guess quite a lot of ppl din wan those facin the temple.. but to us, we kinda liked it. hubby likes the view and it's quite window especially being on high floor hee.

we r shiftin in this sun 8/6 and reali excited abt it! :dancingqueen: haha. reali hope to know more neighbours out there too! :yamseng:

i juz confirmed my curtains on tue hee. juz PMed u :)

Hi shutiao06, I'm also shifting in on Sunday but as for belongings, have to stretch over a period because there's simply too many things to bring over from my old house.

Any recommendation for curtain makers??

I already more or less moved in, except for those items I am slowly shifting from my parents place to my new place.

One thing I still cannot get used to is the traffic noise!! It was really unbearable at first, I did not know that it can be so noisy even though I am not staying on the low floors.

My parents place is quite secluded and the nearest road is a open space carpark. Now that my window looks towards the road, the noise is just OMG.

Guess got to get used to it...

yo bro, the noise u referring to is the cars horning at the t-junction?

I realised lately there's planes flying even in the late evening. Comparing the noise between our estate and my old house just across the street, I think our estate's airplane noise is very loud because the planes literally fly above our blocks towards tengah! Can feel the vibration :jawdrop:

I think we can try to:

Close all the windows

Putting soundproof curtains over the windows

Switch on aircon

Blast ur Home Theatre System

Hmm if u saying vibration is felt, are u staying on low or high floors. Makes me wonder if the groundwork is stable, & if they are part of the shoddy job done by cheap HDB contractors. If earthquake we will be like the sze chuan pple..

hi there! A warm welcome to our new neighbours! :yamseng:

Hi shutiao06, I'm also shifting in on Sunday but as for belongings, have to stretch over a period because there's simply too many things to bring over from my old house.

I realised lately there's planes flying even in the late evening. Comparing the noise between our estate and my old house just across the street, I think our estate's airplane noise is very loud because the planes literally fly above our blocks towards tengah! Can feel the vibration :jawdrop:

hi commando, wow such a coincidence.. so is sun a gd day? hee. cos we din look for a gd date from FSM or wat.. chose this date cos liked the number haha.

hmm u r not gettin a mover? we're gettin one so hopefully everythg can b shifted over. but i tink we've got no time to pack.. very rushed for us actually cos we only confirmed our mover on wed :P and these 2 days so many things to do..my reno stil not reali completed hee.

so can we pop by after u've settled down? :notti:

hmm perhaps cos national day is comin? tat's y i tink the frequency of planes flyin over is increased. i guess they r flyin very close to our blks cos preparin to land at the airbase? :unsure:

Just simply traffic noise. I hear cars and especially buses which I dun for the past few decades of my life but I think I am getting used to it.....

I am at 678D which faces the smaller road. I did not take the units at the blocks facing the chinese temple cos of the big main road and the many trucks passing by...but now I wonder if I made the wrong choice cos I think those units are a little futher from the road.

hi commando, wow such a coincidence.. so is sun a gd day? hee. cos we din look for a gd date from FSM or wat.. chose this date cos liked the number haha.

hmm u r not gettin a mover? we're gettin one so hopefully everythg can b shifted over. but i tink we've got no time to pack.. very rushed for us actually cos we only confirmed our mover on wed :P and these 2 days so many things to do..my reno stil not reali completed hee.

so can we pop by after u've settled down? :notti:

hmm perhaps cos national day is comin? tat's y i tink the frequency of planes flyin over is increased. i guess they r flyin very close to our blks cos preparin to land at the airbase? :unsure:

i duno if sun is a good day cos' i didn't check too but it sounds like a good date because like u said, the numbers. haha.

i'm not getting a mover because of budget again :P I've shifted some stuffs over and will continue with the rest over a period.

BTW, chk PM!

Just simply traffic noise. I hear cars and especially buses which I dun for the past few decades of my life but I think I am getting used to it.....

I am at 678D which faces the smaller road. I did not take the units at the blocks facing the chinese temple cos of the big main road and the many trucks passing by...but now I wonder if I made the wrong choice cos I think those units are a little futher from the road.

Don't think whether you've made the wrong choice but think how u can get used to it. Like what rumi suggested, u could close the windows or leave it slightly opened. This reduces dust and noise. Then leave the kitchen windows open for ventilation. BTW, traffic should be heaviest in the day while most of us are at work. Night time should be less noise?

I got used to the planes for a few years but now I have to get used to it again because it's louder here than at my previous place.

I had wanted to take the block facing the temple too but decided not to because am afraid of the ashes and dust during the temple activities.

rumi: the vibration feels the same as in when u're at a traffic junction and sports car next to you keeps on reving non-stop. Not to the extent of earthquake :notti:

I got used to the planes for a few years but now I have to get used to it again because it's louder here than at my previous place.

Yeah, we are in the direct line of flight :bangwall:

i've seen closed up the aircraft flying over my blk, probably tats why my walls are cracking now :dunno:

anyway, commando, where do u stay previously? i stayed at 900+ some 10 years back and the noise from aircraft is just as bad lei... ;)

Edited by jjcian

i've seen closed up the aircraft flying over my blk, probably tats why my walls are cracking now :dunno:

anyway, commando, where do u stay previously? i stayed at 900+ some 10 years back and the noise from aircraft is just as bad lei... ;)

yah, realised we same block. I've seen the aircraft directly above!

I stay just next to BLSS and i feel the noise is slightly better than what i'm experiencing now. :dunno:

so bored at work now. thinking about the new flat now :sport-smiley-018:

I stay just next to BLSS and i feel the noise is slightly better than what i'm experiencing now. :dunno:

yeah.. ;)

oic, u mean the previous BLSS location?

anyway, it was my alma mater :bleah:

maybe its time to write to MP ? :deal:

I thought there is a limit on how low ( between em and bulding ) they can go ? :horse:

Haha.. think no use one.. now we are up against the defence force, so most likely the MP can do nothing. But I must say the noise level here are indeed very noisy, worse then my parents home at 800+.