Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios
Sign in to follow this  
purple

Final Inspection

Hi all!

Just wondering since I've allowed the seller to extend his stay, how to do final inspection?? :help:

Thanks!

was also wondering about this. for me, what i intend to do is to go up to the flat on the day of handing over keys with the agent and seller. then go inspect the house make sure everything satisfactory. get the keys, change the lock to my own, then pay the comm to the agent.

if anything amiss, either dun take the key or take and lock but still dun give agent commission until everything rectified to my satisfaction.

budden if u doing major reno, really nothing much to see. in fact the more they take away the better. save me the cost of hacking/removing. lol

so to me unless roof falling on my head or wall collapsing then got problem lor...

Looking for good contractors? Click here for your request

sorry borrow the thread from a seller's perspective.

Do we have to be present when the buyers are doing the inspection?

We've already moved out of the old place, if not, i'll get my agent to open the door for them.

Thanks

Hi all!

Just wondering since I've allowed the seller to extend his stay, how to do final inspection?? :help:

Thanks!

when we bought our resale flat, we also allowed the seller to extend his stay. For formalities (because HDB states we need to do final inspection before handing over the keys), we will still go and do final inspection. At the same time, on the day of the final inspection, we draw up an agreement to be signed between the seller, ourselves and the agent. The agreement states that the date of inspection was done on which date and the buyer (ourselves) reserves the right to perform another round of inspection on the day the buyer shifts out.

This is to protect ourselves (i) that we had adhere to HDB's request that final inspection is done before handing over of keys and (ii) to protect ourselves in case the seller is nasty and destroy the house during the extended stay.

Hi, any suggestions on how to lock this kinda anodized aluminum gates?

gate610.jpg

we used a bicycle number lock during the renovation and replace the door eventually :)

sorry borrow the thread from a seller's perspective.

Do we have to be present when the buyers are doing the inspection?

We've already moved out of the old place, if not, i'll get my agent to open the door for them.

Thanks

For my final final inspection (after the extended stay was over), my seller was not present when I did the inspection. The agent was the one who passed me the keys and open the door for the inspection. I dun think the buyer needs to be there unless the seller finds fault with certain things.

use the lockset that comes with it :P

but after the final inspection leh... :dunno:

we used a bicycle number lock during the renovation and replace the door eventually :)

Thought abt it but thought it was kinda "kwa zhang". So i'll have to use a lock and chain then change the gate when i reno. Thanks fanguojun.

try contacting locksmith and see if they are able to change suck locks. not sure but i think its replaceable. just more tedious.