Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios
Sign in to follow this  
LadyLuck

Singapore Old Man Being Bullied :'(

Join 46,923 satisfied homeowners who used renotalk quotation service to find interior designers. Get an estimated quotation

These guys are a**holes. I am going to send this off to MCYS and ICA to see if they would want to track these guys down. I am disgusted. They should rot in ****. Why make the poor man beg?! This brings tears to my eyes.

Can someone who know how to save the video clip down, please save a copy, in case it gets removed before anything can be done.

I hate these guys. INHUMAN

Saw this some time ago, when they posted as "slowest taxi in Southeast Asia". The video had since been taken down by the guy, probably kana lambasted very badly, email-box all full or something.

Frankly, chunky, I dun think the authorities will do anything here - they had not broken any law. And sorry to say, this is a case of whites bullying a local, nothing will probably be done. Can't say the same if there's a video of locals bullying a white; they track them down in no time. This is not a racist comment, mind you, its just how our system works in Singapore, if you haven't already known. :jawdrop:

BTW the old man is always at the clarke quay or boat quay area, in his usual gang of trishaws. Maybe if can find him then can shed some light. Unfortunately cannot see the taxi number, otherwise can also hunt down the driver to see whether these jokers are tourists, international students or working here.

We'll see about that. I've emailed a few folks. It's a senior citizen's dignity. It's a Singaporean being humiliated. One more email to a friend who's a district judge, and see if anything comes out of it. I pray for justice.

We'll see about that. I've emailed a few folks. It's a senior citizen's dignity. It's a Singaporean being humiliated. One more email to a friend who's a district judge, and see if anything comes out of it. I pray for justice.

You know what? If anyone would anything about this, its the MEDIA.

BTW if you want to keep the video, can use http://ripvideo.net/

Frankly, chunky, I dun think the authorities will do anything here - they had not broken any law. And sorry to say, this is a case of whites bullying a local, nothing will probably be done. Can't say the same if there's a video of locals bullying a white; they track them down in no time. This is not a racist comment, mind you, its just how our system works in Singapore, if you haven't already known. !!

ya...especially traffic accidents including death....

ya...especially traffic accidents including death....

Yup, in particular I recalled how a Singaporean driver who was turning a corner and hit a white jaywalker. She was charged for negligence, even though the court acknowledged that the jaywalker was in fault; she should have kept a lookout so she was fined and barred a number of years from driving. But what really irks me is that the white family actually sued the driver successfully for a compensation of millions of dollars!

So the saying goes: "On Singapore roads, its not the red man, not the green man but the WHITE man that you need to lookout for!!" As long as it involves a white man, traffic regulations suddenly don't matter anymore...

Edited by zirhk3355

Yup, in particular I recalled how a Singaporean driver who was turning a corner and hit a white jaywalker. She was charged for negligence, even though the court acknowledged that the jaywalker was in fault; she should have kept a lookout so she was fined and barred a number of years from driving. But what really irks me is that the white family actually sued the driver successfully for a compensation of millions of dollars!

So the saying goes: "On Singapore roads, its not the red man, not the green man but the WHITE man that you need to lookout for!!" As long as it involves a white man, traffic regulations suddenly don't matter anymore...

U mean our strict strict law got loopholes?? How come so kelong one?? So much for being pride a law-by-law country...my a** :wub:

U mean our strict strict law got loopholes?? How come so kelong one?? So much for being pride a law-by-law country...my a** :wub:

this is nothing compare to the korean family's tragedy....white british woman driver goes scotfree and best of all didnt even offer any condolence for killing the korean housewife + 3 kids (one was in a pram). The briton hit them when they were crossing the bend at river valley road.

I wish i can dig out the news. But couldnt find it anywhere - it's been at least 4-5 yrs or more liao.

if you have any lawyer or korean friends , do ask them.

Edited by MaCe

this is nothing compare to the korean family's tragedy....white british woman driver goes scotfree and best of all didnt even offer any condolence for killing the korean housewife + 3 kids (one was in a pram). The briton hit them when they were crossing the bend at river valley road.

I wish i can dig out the news. But couldnt find it anywhere - it's been at least 4-5 yrs or more liao.

Ya I remembered this case. This is really :wub:

Why do we preach one thing but do another? This is ridiculous...so much for JUSTICE. My foot.... :wub:

Someone has made contact with me. Let's see what happens.

Regarding the cases cited above - our law is not so blind, and we are surely not cowards to the whites. It's offensive to think that our court of legal professionals are bias. Please keep the racist innuendoes out.

Yeah I remembered that case as well; so the same saying still applies lor, when the white man is driving, you better watch out also, whether the traffic light is red man or green man.

Remind me of the funny kopi uncle at a coffeeshop near my office. Whenever he is serving hot drinks, he would shout: "SIAM HOR!! LONG TIO BO PUAY EH HOR!!!" (Move away! No compensation if you get knocked!)

Regarding the cases cited above - our law is not so blind, and we are surely not cowards to the whites. It's offensive to think that our court of legal professionals are bias. Please keep the racist innuendoes out.

Sorry if in any way I sounded racist to you, but really I am picking at the system, not the foreigners. Its the system/situation that had caused them to behave in this way, they are not to blame. We are all humans, if we go to other countries and get treated like kings and queens, surely some of us will take advantage of it too.

Let's not get too excited the moment someone mentioned anything to do with race...

:P8|

http://newpaper.asia1.com.sg/printfriendly...9,86070,00.html

think this is the article you are looking for

:jawdrop::lol::lol: way to go...