Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios
Sign in to follow this  
LadyLuck

Singapore Old Man Being Bullied :'(

Join 46,923 satisfied homeowners who used renotalk quotation service to find interior designers. Get an estimated quotation
Wow u managed to find an article relating to both cases!

So you see, whether its the driver or the pedestrian, the white man always wins...

but in singapore no matter wat, is driver fault one lar.

cuz pedestrain as compare to Metal Car, who are more weak?

These are veri common in Asia esp in South East Asia, cso we are once rule by the whites many years ago.

If the white commit a crime in Asia country he will be treat special & most probably walk away free or lenient penalty, BUT if a asia guy break law in their country u will be even treat BETTER in their cell every nite. :jawdrop:

Geez ... I can't believe where this thread is heading. The white is king nonsense is getting on my nerves.

I can shut up on this. It's afterall a Kopitam Corner. I certainly cannot possibly belong here.

It is the old man whom I care about. Not this crap that is blurring the sentiment here.

Geez ... I can't believe where this thread is heading. The white is king nonsense is getting on my nerves.

I can shut up on this. It's afterall a Kopitam Corner. I certainly cannot possibly belong here.

It is the old man whom I care about. Not this crap that is blurring the sentiment here.

I think you are really getting too sensitive and confused. I had tried to explain to you but I guessed it had fallen on deaf ears; nobody is lambasting the white people here! Its the system that we are not happy about, the attitude of our OWN Singaporeans favouring the whites.

If you had not done this experiment before, I will be quite surprised: Try asking for a favour at any customer service centres, restaurants, hotels, etc. You go alone, then next time ask your husband to go with you or alone. See the results and you will know.

In fact this actually happened during my own housewarming - my bosses were here, three australians, plump, short and not really handsome or anything. As they head for the door to leave, some of my friends/relatives who are sitting along the way would stand up, smile broadly and shake their hands to say goodbye. Respect, just being friendly, you say? Guess what? Some of them had not visited my grandma in the old folks' home for the past four months. I did tried to ask one of them why she did that, even though knowing she will never see my bosses again or have anything to do with them in future, but she got no answer expect to smile sheepishly, "Duno leh, just a natural reaction..."

Edited by zirhk3355

I think you are really getting too sensitive and confused. I had tried to explain to you but I guessed it had fallen on deaf ears; nobody is lambasting the white people here! Its the system that we are not happy about, the attitude of our OWN Singaporeans favouring the whites.

If you had not done this experiment before, I will be quite surprised: Try asking for a favour at any customer service centres, restaurants, hotels, etc. You go alone, then next time ask your husband to go with you or alone. See the results and you will know.

In fact this actually happened during my own housewarming - my bosses were here, three australians, plump, short and not really handsome or anything. As they head for the door to leave, some of my friends/relatives who are sitting along the way would stand up, smile broadly and shake their hands to say goodbye. Respect, just being friendly, you say? Guess what? Some of them had not visited my grandma in the old folks' home for the past four months. I did tried to ask one of them why she did that, even though knowing she will never see my bosses again or have anything to do with them in future, but she got no answer expect to smile sheepishly, "Duno leh, just a natural reaction..."

nobody is bashing the whites - the colonial days may be long gone but apparently some of those so called elites still manages a system with colonial mentality.

actually, feel tat its not abt colonial mentality.. just that cos most of the ang mos are more generous with their money.. probably cos their country's standard of living high.. so to them, a $3 chicken rice (~1pound;US$1.50 etc) is very cheap to them... vice versa, i heart pained whenever i see the pricing in their countries.. i recalled seeing supermarts selling one cabbage S$7 in France!:P

singapore merchants are quite clever.. they know who are the carrots to chop... so they will be nicer to the ang mos...

think oot too much... back to this.. i think the UK tourists are really too much.. someone posted this on stomp also...

i just find myself thinking, if it was a video of three local youths bullying the ah pek, would it garner the same attention? because there are rude, insensitive singaporeans everywhere bullying young and old. are ppl so worked up just because it was three ang mohs?

then i read the comments on Youtube. omg. so fainted lor. curse and swear in the powderfool english, how to expect BBC to pick up the story?

i just find myself thinking, if it was a video of three local youths bullying the ah pek, would it garner the same attention? because there are rude, insensitive singaporeans everywhere bullying young and old. are ppl so worked up just because it was three ang mohs?

then i read the comments on Youtube. omg. so fainted lor. curse and swear in the powderfool english, how to expect BBC to pick up the story?

Maybe BBC will pick up the other story abt hw kuai kuai Sporean can curse & swear until like tat. :rolleyes:

Wonder will ICA do anythg?? wah lao.... haiz.. sometimes in singapore is helpless...

sigh!!

dont think this got anything to do with ICA....infact even if it's the authority's responsibility - all the depts will tai chi to each other.

I already feel so :wub: and sad after reading the various reports. I can't bring myself to watch the video. :~

This Bo Davis loser had the cheek to comment, "On comments that the three of them had bullied Mr Lee, he said: "Looking back, I think we were insensitive. But bullies, no."

Mr Bo Davis also believes that the incident's magnitude has to do with nationality.

He said: "If it were three Asian guys and not three white guys. Would it have got the same reaction?'"

Somebody should tell this bird-brain that it's not about nationality, it's simply about showing respect for the elderly.

He knows he's garnering a lot of flak for this, so trying to give some lame excuses about nationality in the hope that his fellow countrymen will stand on his side. How stupid of him. The word, LOSER, is already very clearly written on his kiam pah face.

If their action does not constitute bullying, what does?? This has already gone beyond what qualifies as insensitivity.

They should be sent back here, made to look for Mr Lee, kneel down, apologise and fined. Then post the video on youtube as humiliation. What goes around comes around.

I'll remember their LL faces :notti::wub::furious:

Actually can't blame them for using such language too, after reading the various reports, I feel like cursing and swearing in my powderfool english and hokkien too :notti:

Edited by Air

I already feel so :dancingqueen: and sad after reading the various reports. I can't bring myself to watch the video. :~

This Bo Davis loser had the cheek to comment, "On comments that the three of them had bullied Mr Lee, he said: "Looking back, I think we were insensitive. But bullies, no."

Mr Bo Davis also believes that the incident's magnitude has to do with nationality.

He said: "If it were three Asian guys and not three white guys. Would it have got the same reaction?'"

Somebody should tell this bird-brain that it's not about nationality, it's simply about showing respect for the elderly.

He knows he's garnering a lot of flak for this, so trying to give some lame excuses about nationality in the hope that his fellow countrymen will stand on his side. How stupid of him. The word, LOSER, is already very clearly written on his kiam pah face.

If their action does not constitute bullying, what does?? This has already gone beyond what qualifies as insensitivity.

They should be sent back here, made to look for Mr Lee, kneel down, apologise and fined. Then post the video on youtube as humiliation. What goes around comes around.

I'll remember their LL faces :dunno::P:(

Actually can't blame them for using such language too, after reading the various reports, I feel like cursing and swearing in my powderfool english and hokkien too :notti:

Not to be selfish but sometimes when we see these type of events happened what can we do? We do have our limitation in term of assistance. Can only complain, give a helping hand by the side if possible but not jeoperdise our own.

Take it as a lesson learn , don't behave like them! You don't like it, please go away and don't look at it. Swearing.. bla bla makes you one of them too.. :jawdrop: