Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios
Sign in to follow this  
noelng

Hello To All Jurong West St93 Neighbours

Hi...need to check whether we can allow to subscribe SCV cable tv and maxonline internet service from starhub? I was told from a starhub shop staff that our block 988A cannot recieve signal when i was goin to sign up with them at the shop,instead he ask me to call the customer service to confirm when our block is ready for cable tv and maxonline internet.

I find it funny as our neighbour (from those enbloc) already watching tv programme since my living room view can see other household living room.As long the HDB tv points is able to use and recieve normal free to air channel, it mean the cable point is ready for starhub set box to connect rite? I do heard that we may need starhub to come down for activation of tv cable points with a cost, is that what i need to do?

Anyway, here to ask anyone had already using maxonline and cable tv at street 93 988...or 989....how can i move in without these 2? i need t watch soccer badly and no internet to use also bored!

Join 46,923 satisfied homeowners who used renotalk quotation service to find interior designers. Get an estimated quotation

dino77,

I'd already moved into 989C, using both services you mentioned. This was achieved after 2 trips from their technician. You may refer to our previous posts which we had already discussed. I'm not sure about your block, maybe the rest of the guys in the forum can advise you. You may wish to talk to their CS to check whether your block is ok.

Hi...need to check whether we can allow to subscribe SCV cable tv and maxonline internet service from starhub? I was told from a starhub shop staff that our block 988A cannot recieve signal when i was goin to sign up with them at the shop,instead he ask me to call the customer service to confirm when our block is ready for cable tv and maxonline internet.

I find it funny as our neighbour (from those enbloc) already watching tv programme since my living room view can see other household living room.As long the HDB tv points is able to use and recieve normal free to air channel, it mean the cable point is ready for starhub set box to connect rite? I do heard that we may need starhub to come down for activation of tv cable points with a cost, is that what i need to do?

Anyway, here to ask anyone had already using maxonline and cable tv at street 93 988...or 989....how can i move in without these 2? i need t watch soccer badly and no internet to use also bored!

Most importantly is that you allowed the SH techs that day to come into your place to do the service activation. Else you will need to the the service activation fees.....$30 before GST if i am not wrong.

CATV & MOL confirm can use. Me also using it liao! :notti:

Stayed since Jan 08.

$15 per hinge (got 9 hinges). From Boon Lay En Bloc, $10 per hinges.

After you get the hinges, how do you change them? Get who to do?

Btw remember last time @ our previous houses, the hinges of the metal gate was reinforced with 4 more hinges to prevent theft right?

Anyone doing it or has done it or got lobang to do it?

Cause after reading that pple are tampering the gates @ other blocks, a bit worried leh.

I had arranged with starhub to do activition which they will charge me $ but i had check my block 988A is already cable ready from 2th May

Hi, want to ask you all.... in yr living room... next to the telephone socket... there is a "blank" socket plate... anyone knows what's that?

Hmmm, one contractor told me that one is spare one, can use it for power point...

btw, BSC have changed some of my hollow homogenous tiles and the tone is the same wor.

I also saw those tiles that was taken out because they leave it on the side, my masking tape is still on it so i am very sure that is my tiles. Apparently, the tiles is still intact and I suspect they will just clean it and then reuse it on other house...

As per Starhub helpdesk reply below,

You may verify that if the cable point are able

to receive cable signals by connecting your TV to the cable point and

check if you are able to receive the StarHub test pattern page at UHF

743.25 MHz. If the signal is not activated, you would need to arrange

an appointment with us to activate signal of the cable points. There

is an truckroll fee to arrange an contractor for the signal

activation.

Hmm... spare one that can use it for power point??

I opened out the casing.... those wire does not look like power cable wor... it looks more like tel wire.... :dunno:

Hmmm, one contractor told me that one is spare one, can use it for power point...

btw, BSC have changed some of my hollow homogenous tiles and the tone is the same wor.

I also saw those tiles that was taken out because they leave it on the side, my masking tape is still on it so i am very sure that is my tiles. Apparently, the tiles is still intact and I suspect they will just clean it and then reuse it on other house...

Hi Sohbengkuan, this price where did you get from? any contacts? thanks

I PM you liao. The fella just change the screw to a longer one and soldered it dead so that you have to be very patience to knock it out. Got them for $10 per hinge.

Doit: If u already subscribed to Starhub Maxonline and Cable TV and just shifting them to new location, can appeal to them to waive watever charges. Surely, they would not want to lose a customer over a mere $32.10. That what I have done. Anyway, some of blocks here already cable ready when Starhub Technician came door to door to activate signals last month.

ckoonyin: I change the originals to longer screws and soldered the nut to the screw dead. So need to knock many many times to open and risk waking up the neighbours. Anyway, I kana tampered oreadi. Heng, changed liao.

yoz ~ wana chk, i've encountered a few areas on my parquet flooring that has this "sinking" feel, is it due to hollow underneath? Have also noticed that some pieces of uneveness, any remedy out there? Thkz wor ~

Edited by Zen2008

Hmm... spare one that can use it for power point??

I opened out the casing.... those wire does not look like power cable wor... it looks more like tel wire.... :dunno:

The spare casing is for ppl who want to connect 1 more tel line (1 more tel number).

You are one lucky gal..

Mine looks horrible.. u can see see if you want to, maybe some are ur tiles? :notti:

Im getting them to change all the tiles, but chances are low but still.. 8|8|8| til they change..

Hi Neighbors,

anyone engage pddoor to fix any sliding bi-fold door for kitchen? How was is?

Im doing the PD door for kitchen, but not up yet.. is it the same? :dancingqueen:

You are one lucky gal..

Mine looks horrible.. u can see see if you want to, maybe some are ur tiles? :notti:

Im getting them to change all the tiles, but chances are low but still.. 8|8|8| til they change..

Im doing the PD door for kitchen, but not up yet.. is it the same? :dancingqueen:

Hi weixiaobao,

are you doing something similar as shown in their website http://www.pddoor.com/ the pd classic?

lawr3nc3, oh so is for telephone line... but it is quite useless i think...

weixiaobao, lol I dun think i can recognize them if they clean it...

Anyone knows how much is the PD door huh?