Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios
Sign in to follow this  
hongss

Mopping Of Floors

Hi, for mopping of floors, what do you guys use? Just a normal pail and a mop? I want something that takes less effort to squeeze the mop dry before the next mop.

Any gadgets or special pails you guys using?

Looking for good contractors? Click here for your request
Hi, for mopping of floors, what do you guys use? Just a normal pail and a mop? I want something that takes less effort to squeeze the mop dry before the next mop.

you hv the mop pail with the 'strainer' or the 'janitor grade' type with the squeegee to wring the mop dry. i think it's great how the pail come with wheels, that way yoy can wheel it ard the house while mopping.

magic mops also hv the wet wipes which eliminates the need for a bucket.

Guest our-home

Last month we bought the Leifheit mop set from Tangs household section. Went to watch demo twice and tried it out on the spot too. Cost about $238, I think, 1 8l pail without wheels, 1 mop stick with microfibre cloth, 1 extra microfibre cloth and 1 static cloth for dry mopping. Got an extra cloth bcoz of promotion. Met a lady there with her family buying a new cloth for wet mopping. She told me she'd been using this mop for 10 years and one cloth lasts 1 year. One cloth not cheap though. She didn't buy the pail bcoz her maid squeezes the cloth with her bare hands.

I find it good bcoz:

- no need to squeeze mop dry with so much effort, just step on foot pedal

- mops larger floor area at one go than string mop, so finish mopping faster

- when dry up, no feeling of lint on the floor (unlike string mops)

- just put in washing machine for speed wash when dirty

I don't like:

- the bulky pail size, difficult to empty dirty water

- that unless you use more strength to step down when squeezing (like my hubby), there are faint water marks left on the floor. Maybe I must practise using it more.

Hope this helps.

Me still prefer the normal mop. Mop head cost btw $4-$6, change every 2-3 mths. Get a good brand floor detergent and normal pail. Works well for me, no need those fancy and branded mop.

Guest our-home

Ya, true. Was using string mop with normal pail for 17 years, worked very well. But as our flat is facing busy road and upgrading going on in our area now, floors get really dusty and black even with most windows closed. So mop about 3 times a week. Then now got joint pains but can't don't do housework coz no maid, so hopefully this fancy mop can relieve me somewhat.

ah.. understand.. our unit also facing busy road leading to 3 major expressways.. n most units still under reno.. ground floor building hard court.. etc etc.. place is super duper unbelieveably dirty.. me too like u.. been doing hse works.. sweeping n mopping so hard tat my back started aching like nvr b4.. but i don tink changing the mop n pail work much cos it is the actions when mopping.. erm.. if u get wat i mean.. u only squeeze the mop how many times vs how many times u needed to bent forward ur upper body to mop the floor clean..

mopping is the most tiring job! my house is EA and the house is quite big. sometimes, i have to mop the whole house myself when my hb is busy. zz

scotch brite mop is good but you have to squeeze the mop dry using HANDS! :unsure::help:

Edited by korea

Guest our-home

Hi! Nice to have "fellow moppers" who sympathize with my situation. Yes, it's the squeezing that's difficult for me. Our first flat was a maisonette, now it's a 4-room. In my 20s and 30s, plenty of strength and energy to upkeep our "first/new" homes. Now in my 40s, I'm actually having rheumatism in my elbow, wrist and shoulder joints. Funny thing is that my back doesn't hurt. Maybe coz I squat to mop under furniture and we don't have much furniture at home anyway.

I am a full-time housewife, so this is my job: cleaning/washing/ironing. Doctor says wear n tear of soft tissue in joints, must rest, but how to?

Using the Leifheit mop means I don't have to exert my arms so much squeezing the mop at least. And also moving the mop around furniture is easier coz it has a swivel mop head. But this mop is expensive I know. If I had any other choice, I wouldn't buy this mop. Took me almost a year to finally buy it coz the aches/pains didn't go away. I thought if I listed the pros/cons, might be informative for other forummers. I have gained much from reading from others.

So to the young homeowners, do take care when you do your housework. The cleanliness of the home is important, but Singapore's environment is often so dusty, our homes get dirty quick anyway. Just do the necessary, take it easy.

Guest our-home
what mop is that, have any pix? does it come with pail? and how much?

Hi, it's Leifheit brand, pix below. Yes, comes with pail and extra two cloths (one for wet mopping, the other for dry). Costs $238 (I think) from Tangs.

cimg1335bu2.th.jpg

get a maid then all the problem can be solved! :dancingqueen:

No, don't think so in my case. Stopped working 15 years ago and want to continue taking care of my family myself as long as I can. Having a maid will also be extra financial burden on our one income earner in the family.

But for others, of course, depending on their situation, a maid can be a solution.

Hi, it's Leifheit brand, pix below. Yes, comes with pail and extra two cloths (one for wet mopping, the other for dry). Costs $238 (I think) from Tangs.

cimg1335bu2.th.jpg

did u see any smaller version, its too bad for space keeping :yamseng:

Guest our-home
did u see any smaller version, its too bad for space keeping :bangwall:

Hi LadyLuck, true, so bulky. Unfortunately no smaller pail. I was told they have another one with wheels, costs more but not necessary for me coz mine is a 4-room flat.

I just leave the pail in the common toilet when mopping, then keep inside empty kitchen cabinet when finished.

PS: your info after your signature are very interesting to read! don't worry, sure can finish doing all that you listed.

cimg1335bu2.th.jpg

No, don't think so in my case. Stopped working 15 years ago and want to continue taking care of my family myself as long as I can. Having a maid will also be extra financial burden on our one income earner in the family.

But for others, of course, depending on their situation, a maid can be a solution.

can you pls share with us the pros and cons about this Leifheit brand mopping equipment? :yamseng:

Guest our-home
Last month we bought the Leifheit mop set from Tangs household section. Went to watch demo twice and tried it out on the spot too. Cost about $238, I think, 1 8l pail without wheels, 1 mop stick with microfibre cloth, 1 extra microfibre cloth and 1 static cloth for dry mopping. Got an extra cloth bcoz of promotion. Met a lady there with her family buying a new cloth for wet mopping. She told me she'd been using this mop for 10 years and one cloth lasts 1 year. One cloth not cheap though. She didn't buy the pail bcoz her maid squeezes the cloth with her bare hands.

I find it good bcoz:

- no need to squeeze mop dry with so much effort, just step on foot pedal

- mops larger floor area at one go than string mop, so finish mopping faster

- when dry up, no feeling of lint on the floor (unlike string mops)

- just put in washing machine for speed wash when dirty

I don't like:

- the bulky pail size, difficult to empty dirty water

- that unless you use more strength to step down when squeezing (like my hubby), there are faint water marks left on the floor. Maybe I must practise using it more.

Hope this helps.

Hi Korea, I had listed my likes/dislikes about using this Leifheit mop earlier (above quote). Another thing I like about it is that the mop head is the swivel type.

Now getting better at using it ...