Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios
Sign in to follow this  
hongss

Mopping Of Floors

Last month we bought the Leifheit mop set from Tangs household section. Went to watch demo twice and tried it out on the spot too. Cost about $238, I think, 1 8l pail without wheels, 1 mop stick with microfibre cloth, 1 extra microfibre cloth and 1 static cloth for dry mopping. Got an extra cloth bcoz of promotion. Met a lady there with her family buying a new cloth for wet mopping. She told me she'd been using this mop for 10 years and one cloth lasts 1 year. One cloth not cheap though. She didn't buy the pail bcoz her maid squeezes the cloth with her bare hands.

I find it good bcoz:

- no need to squeeze mop dry with so much effort, just step on foot pedal

- mops larger floor area at one go than string mop, so finish mopping faster

- when dry up, no feeling of lint on the floor (unlike string mops)

- just put in washing machine for speed wash when dirty

I don't like:

- the bulky pail size, difficult to empty dirty water

- that unless you use more strength to step down when squeezing (like my hubby), there are faint water marks left on the floor. Maybe I must practise using it more.

Hope this helps.

you mean the pail is w/o wheels? then i will have to use more effort to push the pail? !!

Join 46,923 satisfied homeowners who used renotalk quotation service to find interior designers. Get an estimated quotation
Guest our-home
you mean the pail is w/o wheels? then i will have to use more effort to push the pail? :notti:

Hi Korea, yep, the one I got is without wheels. I just leave the pail in my common bathroom, easier for me to change the water. But then, mine's a 4-room flat, ok for me to walk back n forth to rinse mop.

There's also one with wheels (more ex), but I'm not used to bringing the pail with me when mopping. For EA/maisonette, maybe different ...

Hi Korea, yep, the one I got is without wheels. I just leave the pail in my common bathroom, easier for me to change the water. But then, mine's a 4-room flat, ok for me to walk back n forth to rinse mop.

There's also one with wheels (more ex), but I'm not used to bringing the pail with me when mopping. For EA/maisonette, maybe different ...

erm, no wheels then i need a lot of effort to move the pail around in the house when mopping. :sport-smiley-003: pail with wheels is very impt to me bcos i need to have the pail nearby when i do the mopping. i cant station my pail at one position then i walk back and fro to rinse the mop. :sport-smiley-003:

the photo in my signature is only my living room and i still have another dining room about the same size as my living room. i will faint if pail without wheels. :sport-smiley-003:

Found it! This co supplies the mop bucket for household as well.

U can contact sales@klenco-asia.com for more info & other items that may be of interest to households.

MINI: 18L mop bucket with ergonomically designed wringer drains water from mop & just a single press while castor wheels help you maneuver the bucket around without hurting floor surface.

MINI : $134.00 (excl GST).

Free delivery for purchase above $100 .

Do u all think the price is reasonable?

I think this is pretty common to have water marks. I have the same problem even thou I am not using normal mop. I used 3M sponge mop for my house. It has a mechanisam to squeeze the mop when I pull the lever, so I don't use my bare hands. Be it my laminated bedrooms or tiled kitchen, I can see water marks/lines after mopping :(

Last month we bought the Leifheit mop set from Tangs household section. Went to watch demo twice and tried it out on the spot too. Cost about $238, I think, 1 8l pail without wheels, 1 mop stick with microfibre cloth, 1 extra microfibre cloth and 1 static cloth for dry mopping. Got an extra cloth bcoz of promotion. Met a lady there with her family buying a new cloth for wet mopping. She told me she'd been using this mop for 10 years and one cloth lasts 1 year. One cloth not cheap though. She didn't buy the pail bcoz her maid squeezes the cloth with her bare hands.

I find it good bcoz:

- no need to squeeze mop dry with so much effort, just step on foot pedal

- mops larger floor area at one go than string mop, so finish mopping faster

- when dry up, no feeling of lint on the floor (unlike string mops)

- just put in washing machine for speed wash when dirty

I don't like:

- the bulky pail size, difficult to empty dirty water

- that unless you use more strength to step down when squeezing (like my hubby), there are faint water marks left on the floor. Maybe I must practise using it more.

Hope this helps.

Hi,

I'm considering the Leifheit mop set, hope u can share more with me. Last time i saw at tangs demo the salesman say must mop in a certain "style" in order to be effective. Do u do tat ?

The salesman also say with leifheit, one does not need to excert much force and yet floor can be very clean. Is it true ? Right now i using conventional mop i use a little force, otherwise i feel not clean enough.

Also with conventional mop, i need to swirl the mop head to spread it out in a round shape on the floor before mopping, which is very troublesome. And after mopping for a while the mop goes out of shape again, and I have to swirl it again. If I don't do tat, not only it's diff to mop, also risk the plastic scratching the floor. Did u experience such problem with conventional mop before ? I guess with leifheit all these will be eliminated and thus easier job ?

Thanks !

Guest our-home
Hi,

I'm considering the Leifheit mop set, hope u can share more with me. Last time i saw at tangs demo the salesman say must mop in a certain "style" in order to be effective. Do u do tat ?

The salesman also say with leifheit, one does not need to excert much force and yet floor can be very clean. Is it true ? Right now i using conventional mop i use a little force, otherwise i feel not clean enough.

Also with conventional mop, i need to swirl the mop head to spread it out in a round shape on the floor before mopping, which is very troublesome. And after mopping for a while the mop goes out of shape again, and I have to swirl it again. If I don't do tat, not only it's diff to mop, also risk the plastic scratching the floor. Did u experience such problem with conventional mop before ? I guess with leifheit all these will be eliminated and thus easier job ?

Thanks !

Hi joconde

I've gotten used to the Leifheit mop (took me almost 4 months!).

I can't remember the demo, but for me I just start from one corner and mop horizontally and vertically, using the floor tiles as a guide.

How much strength you exert depends on how dirty the floor is. My bedrooms are not so dusty to begin with, so I don't use as much force. I mop with more force for the living/kitchen area. Overall, I don't use as much force as the string mop. Also, the area mopped when using the Leifheit is of course, bigger so I can finish faster.

Yes, I had the same problem with the string mop - getting all bunched up after mopping a while. And yes, the plastic scratched my floor, especially when the mop strings were getting worn out. I don't have that problem with the Leifheit now. Since I mop my flat 3 times a week, my job's been made easier.

Now that I'm more used to the squeezing mechanism, there are no water marks on the floor after mopping.

I suggest that you take hold of the mop at the demo and just move it around to see how it is. The mop stick is longer and the mop head wider, so some people may not feel comfortable using it. It's quite costly, I took some time before I finally bought it.

Also, I saw someone wanting to sell their Leifheit mop (they got it as a gift) on Renotalk, some weeks ago. If you're really going to buy, maybe can check that out (lower price?).

Hope this helps.

Hi, for mopping of floors, what do you guys use? Just a normal pail and a mop? I want something that takes less effort to squeeze the mop dry before the next mop.

Any gadgets or special pails you guys using?

Get the pail with the wheels and the strainer on top. I bought mine from NTUC ages ago. Use the pink sponge magic mop. Easy to squeeze water out. Standard price 10 dollars. The handle also can buy from NTUC for abt 2 dollars.

Hi,

Thanks !

Hi Joconde,

The Leifheit mop set is still up for grabs. It consists of -

1) 1 x Mobile Mop Press (the one with wheels)

2) 1 x Mop Stick

3) 1 x Mop Head (Wet)

4) 1 x Mop Head (Static - dry)

This set is super brand new, I got it as a gift. Went to check out the price, the normal price for such a set will be approx $400, its on offer now at $268, I am willing to let it go at $200.

Let me know if you are interested. :)

Hi Joconde,

The Leifheit mop set is still up for grabs. It consists of -

1) 1 x Mobile Mop Press (the one with wheels)

2) 1 x Mop Stick

3) 1 x Mop Head (Wet)

4) 1 x Mop Head (Static - dry)

This set is super brand new, I got it as a gift. Went to check out the price, the normal price for such a set will be approx $400, its on offer now at $268, I am willing to let it go at $200.

Let me know if you are interested. :)

Hi wishbone,

When was the set given to u, and has it ever been used before ? Warranty card still inside ?

Edited by joconde

Hi wishbone,

When was the set given to u, and has it ever been used before ? Warranty card still inside ?

Hi wishbone,

I've replied ur PM, did u get it ? Seems like my PM din managed to get thru... If tat's the case, do u mind dropping me a PM with ur email addr so tat we can get in touch ?

Thanks !

Hi wishbone,

I've replied ur PM, did u get it ? Seems like my PM din managed to get thru... If tat's the case, do u mind dropping me a PM with ur email addr so tat we can get in touch ?

Thanks !

Hi Joconde,

I got it and have replied. Please check. :)