Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios
Sign in to follow this  
cueball

Chew Interior Design

dun ever go to chew interior, you will regret it! :bangwall:

they keep pressurizing you and won't be interested if your contract is small. they give false promises to make you sign the contract. after signing, they dun honour their promises and fail to deliver what are suppose to do.

look out for the small little clause below the contract! once you sign it and if you break your contract, you are liable for 20% penalty of the total cost of contract even thou work not yet even started! even worse is after you sign the contract, they'll ask you to pay 2k as deposit! Before signing, they didn't even mention anything about the deposit at all, arhhhhhhhh :curse:

their workmanship suck! such a big company and you thought everything should be good but in fact it's the opposite! designs wise also so so, can't come up with great designs. mostly it was copied from other ID :(:bangwall:

believe me dun ever go to chew interior! you'll definitely regret it as i'm one of the victim. it's a completely nightmare to me and casued me tonnes of headaches :furious:

dun wan others to follow in my footstep. i'm not bluffing and choose a contractor thru friends recommendation is much better. at least thru friends you know how's their workmanship, service and altitude.

it's a total nightmare to me and i dun wan to think about it already. hope bros and sis here check and think throughly before you made or sign any contract.

There's no doubt about it, you are totally correct. I went to their show room a month ago and was shock to see the poor workmanship in the kitchen area on the flooring and the kitchen cabinet. I told one of the staff who presented it to us and he commented that it was not done by their workers, it's another group of workers who had done the job. And he say that since you find that the workmanship is poor, I don't think you are interested in dealing with us and he just walk away.

What a disgustingly poor attitude of the staff!

Looking for good contractors? Click here for your request

tat why i never believe in sweetening from ID firm.

all free gift is a sale trap lah to me... :P

I did went to chew once for quote... but their design is very basic, coz my budget 20k only.... :P

i did not use them coz they dun listen to wat u wan....and i dun click with the "SD"

anyhow some of my frenz did use them, seem quite alrite.

Some IDs give FREE aircon, cooker hob, etc. I don't really want them as I prefer to choose my own brand.

Will they lower the final price if I don't want the free gifts? Or the only way to forgo the free gifts is to choose OTHER IDs without free gifts?

Those 'free' gifts are actually paid by you. Went to another firm which offered lots of 'free' gifts. After saying that i don't need them, it turned out i can reduce more than 5k from the quotation! Stupid conman....

Some IDs give FREE aircon, cooker hob, etc. I don't really want them as I prefer to choose my own brand.

Will they lower the final price if I don't want the free gifts? Or the only way to forgo the free gifts is to choose OTHER IDs without free gifts?

my opinion of IDs sweetening the deals with freebies is that business not good hence need to

attract 'guinea pigs'...? :unsure:

good IDs would be those finding it hard to accomodate your project in their busy schedule,

obviously not due because of low budget etc...

i too find it a waste of time talking to them..not pro and disrespectful..

did it just to please my wife since she thot they could do a good job... ;)

Was served by this elderly chap with glasses at the east branch..

Had a look ard the outlet so he decide to tail me and wife..maybe scared we take pics

of their interior..? :dunno:

Answer qns in a few words only..yawning all the time..then at last pop the question to us..

whats ur budget??

Told him we looking at 30k reno for 4room..he reply, "can only do basic...30k too little..."

"Kitchen..toilets..maybe hall only"

Sure anot?? Or is it their pricing too expensive?? 30k very easy to dig up meh?? kaoz...

and i havent even mention what i wanted to do...:bangwall:

The moment i frowned after his last sentence, he turned and walked away to his quiet corner.....

Me and wife bid good riddance to them from our selection list..... :dancingqueen:

wah mine 30k i did everything liao haha.

they need ppl to pay for their advert.

i had a really bad experience with chew interior. i spoke to this guy called daren sia. after he gave a quote, i asked some questions and asked for a discount. he replied saying he doesnt want to do the project anymore and did not give any explanation. to me, its unprofessional, unreliable and a complete waste of time.

Hi,

Is Daren Sia from their outlet at Jurong East?

Hi guys.. understand that chew is quite a big com hence may be a stuck up company..

today went to hdb hub for the talk n just pass them my floor plan and see wht they have to offer..

just wanna see any of u guys has any experience with them...

plannin to go intradesign to cos hear quite a few gd feedback n kinda like one of u guy place..

pls post all comment here.. gd or bad are all welcome.

ya good to try that way..

I remember went to Chew and when they heard our burget is around 35K they got totally turn off...:(

Anyway does anyone out there ever have experience with Love Home Design at Toa Payoh. i tot of engaging them

i too find it a waste of time talking to them..not pro and disrespectful..

did it just to please my wife since she thot they could do a good job... ;)

Was served by this elderly chap with glasses at the east branch..

Had a look ard the outlet so he decide to tail me and wife..maybe scared we take pics

of their interior..? :dunno:

Answer qns in a few words only..yawning all the time..then at last pop the question to us..

whats ur budget??

Told him we looking at 30k reno for 4room..he reply, "can only do basic...30k too little..."

"Kitchen..toilets..maybe hall only"

Sure anot?? Or is it their pricing too expensive?? 30k very easy to dig up meh?? kaoz...

and i havent even mention what i wanted to do...:bangwall:

The moment i frowned after his last sentence, he turned and walked away to his quiet corner.....

Me and wife bid good riddance to them from our selection list..... :dancingqueen:

Hi huggsss, I'm waiting for The Interior Place to get back to me now.

Pretty nice chap I met. I can PM you the contact if you like.

Thanks. :D

Anyone use Chew Interior before? Any ID to recommend from there?

Hi huggsss, I'm waiting for The Interior Place to get back to me now.

Pretty nice chap I met. I can PM you the contact if you like.

I started looking for IDs about 2 months ago. I emailed quite a few IDs for quotes and all have got back to me by either email or phone call. Some have even offered to meet me at wherever it's convenient for me. I appreciate such service and honestly they are generally a good bunch of people.

This post is not to defame Chew Interior. But I'm just disappointed that I didn't hear from Chew Interior at all.

Caveat emptor.

Edited by jthian

i had a bad experience with chew interior. they gave me a quote and after i asked some questions and asked for a discount, they just refused to carry out the project any more without any explanation. unprofessional and unreliable.

Anyone use Chew Interior before? Any ID to recommend from there?

I think you can look for Martin Ong from Chew design I find him quite good...although I did not end up enaging him due to budget...

Their price I think quite reasonable if you are talking about a reputable ID firm...as compare to those other ID firm around it in Jurong East area...

Cheers.