Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios
Sign in to follow this  
meeko

Advice Urgently Needed!

Hi People!

Here's an update on my situation: To cut a long story short, we have been verbally informed by the mobile banking officer that our loan has been rejected by the bank. Here's a letter that i've drafted to the bank manager. If anyone has any similar experiences or advice to give, please do come forward. By the way the bank isn't Maybank. It's first initial starts with an O (any guesses?)

OCBC...hmmm......Its a bank well known for their high handed ways of dealing with small fries like us. Had a brush with them not long ago. Its a bank NOT acquainted with their policy of customers' needs first. I'll never use them again. Hope you'll resolve this niggly problem with their inefficient bankers.

Cheers

Join 46,923 satisfied homeowners who used renotalk quotation service to find interior designers. Get an estimated quotation
OCBC...hmmm......Its a bank well known for their high handed ways of dealing with small fries like us. Had a brush with them not long ago. Its a bank NOT acquainted with their policy of customers' needs first. I'll never use them again. Hope you'll resolve this niggly problem with their inefficient bankers.

Cheers

Thanks. At least they haven't singled me and my husband out for irresponsible service and underhanded practices. You can be sure that we will not only not use them again, but will make sure that the rest of the population of "small fries" will be made aware of this so that they will not be lured into committing to this bank. How can insignificant consumers and borrowers like us even dare to trust anything this bank says as it seems that they do not have the integrity to stand by their offers, despite all the black and white proof?

Thanks. At least they haven't singled me and my husband out for irresponsible service and underhanded practices. You can be sure that we will not only not use them again, but will make sure that the rest of the population of "small fries" will be made aware of this so that they will not be lured into committing to this bank. How can insignificant consumers and borrowers like us even dare to trust anything this bank says as it seems that they do not have the integrity to stand by their offers, despite all the black and white proof?

so meeko, what is your backup plan? get loan from another bank?

so meeko, what is your backup plan? get loan from another bank?

Luckily for us, we managed to get 2 other banks on standby. Should've gone with one of them and not OCBC in the first place. Big regret. All the apologies in the world won't come close to making up for the stress, worry and sleepless nights we've had over the last few weeks, courtesy of OCBC.

Even if OCBC agreed to take up your loan, I dun think you should take up their offer and let them earn your $$$ through interest.

This is bad customer service and bad trust between lender and loaner.

Even if OCBC agreed to take up your loan, I dun think you should take up their offer and let them earn your $$$ through interest.

This is bad customer service and bad trust between lender and loaner.

I heartily agree!:dunno:!! I will never be able to trust anything that OCBC promises. All potential borrowers beware...do not assume that you're safe even with the bank's letter of offer in your hands. We small time consumers are not worth their time in customer service so like me, you may end up with no recourse should anything go wrong. Before you're even persuaded to submit an application for a bank loan with one of those branch officers or mobile bankers, be sure that you are comfortable with dealing with that person and ask questions to ensure that he or she knows what they are talking about. Don't fall for promises off guaranteed and instant approvals!