Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios
Sign in to follow this  
tingshen

My False Wall Got Fungi!

I thought they are using the 3-in-1 paint, so now I know they anyhow dilute the paint just to finish the job FAST.

The rest of my house has no fungi but just this specially built false wall/partition to hold my main door (yup, we changed the angle of the main door.

Do you think there is a need to dismantle the wall and rebuild it? I tried mopping away the fungi but they come back the next day!:thumbs up:!

What shall I do now? Call the ID back and ask them to check again?

Looking for good contractors? Click here for your request

I dun think I have the time to do it.

think shall just give them a call to repaint the small false wall, since they didn't apply silicon at the edges last time, shunbian bao everything lol!

my worry is the inner side of the wall.....not sure it's full of fungi :thumbs up: see what they say first.

well, that's the disadvantage of staying in very windy place.

Edited by tingshen

Main door you said? So the rain is splashing onto this false wall panel, isn't it? Did your main con use waterproof gypsum boards? He should. Call your main con and get it rectified.

no , it's not main door, but the part behind the main door. rain water will never get there but moist will....maybe I take some photo and post here later.

Edited by tingshen

no , it's not main door, but the part behind the main door. rain water will never get there but moist will....maybe I take some photo and post here later.

hi, can u PM me the ID that did your false wall?

I got a feeling we have the same ID

dun need to PM lar, it's ******. I won't blame them, it could be just misunderstanding or some mistake from their subcontractor. anyway, Canny promised to settle this for me ASAP :dancingqueen:

here is the picture. Look at the area pointed by the red arrows....

spa0019as8ma9.jpg

the little false wall is to support the main door so that it will close at a specific area (fengshui purpose)....

Edited by tingshen

I happen to see a big spot of fungi on my false ceiling this morning.. abt 6cm in diameter. So what did yr ID do? Just repaint the area or change to false wall.. i want to know how yr ID rectify the problem b4 i call my ID...

no news from them yet, why not you just call your ID?

i will get them to repaint first, if still come back, then either the paint company gotta be responsible or they have to rebuild everything.....

the thing is, the other false wall @ master bedroom was perfectly OK, with proper painting done.

Edited by tingshen

hi Chunky Monkey, it's nothing inside, in fact we could actually make it some storage area but it was rushed in a very short time, that's why it's "wasted"... the purpose is just to support the main door so that it's not closed completely but facing at certain angle indicated by our fengshui master.

Aircon unit are all running within the rooms, never touched the living room at all.