Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios
Sign in to follow this  
TPY

You Are Not Welcome Please Getout Of The Shop!

TPY, just chance upon this thread.....just let u noe I did went for bathroom accessories and hood and hob hunting last year too at Hoe Kee Bras Basah.....I end up buying nothing from them and step out of the shop cos no one really entertains me and when I ask questions on a instant heater, a China worker attends to me bt the information he provides me is totally different from the other shops that I went.

This makes me lose trust and I did not buy anything from them of cos....

In the end, I patronises other shops and the Hoe Kee outlet at IMM....The service is great!

I tink if I were u, I will also lodge a complaint against them and write to STOMP!

This is really too much! :dancingqueen:

Lets c how they sustain their biz from tis kinda poor service!

Ya lor me oso bought all my kitchen/bathrm accessories at Hoe Kee IMM... 'Service' is there leh...

Seem like I have to go Bras Basah branch have a taste liao !!

Join 46,923 satisfied homeowners who used renotalk quotation service to find interior designers. Get an estimated quotation

Think the ecomony doing much better compared to past few years that some shops think they can yaya now.

To ride on your thread, I was a MEGA DXXXXXX KATONG previously ready to buy a 42" Sharp LCD when this balding middle aged salesman decided to take a dig at me for no apparant reason (by using a **** KL tone telling, not asking me to listen to him after I had meade a sarcastic remark.). All I did to "piss him off" was to ask really harmlessly "huh? you mean people actually touch their screens?" when he started to compare hard vs soft panel saying phillips one is better then Sharp's soft panel cos will not have image distortion upon touch. I mean I really didn't see the rationale of buying a TV and going around touching the screen instead of watching it.

I stopped him on the spot and said I wasn't interested in buying from him as he just walked off. All this while, he was sitting on the TV sideboard talking to us, the customers.

I bought a Mistral tower fan previously fro them and was ready to uy my fridge, TV, HT, washer etc but after this ***, I swore off this shop.

hmmm mine is hoe kee @ imm..

bought a toilet roll holder, then realised that i preferred ikea's. went back to change the toilet roll holder to other items, i am allowed to change leh..and the staff there is quite nice to ask me to chose other stuffs

hmmm that old man at jalan besar no good :sport-smiley-004:

Edited by Yang Guo

We met up with the same bad treatment.

Me and my hubby went there (jalan basar branch) a month ago to get our bathroom accessories. When we were there, the people ignored us completely. Only the Chinese national seems more genuine in doing business. When we make the payment, the old man (assuming that he was the boss, since staff normally do not dare to give cust such kind of attitude, else he be sacked long ago), gave us a "pay up and get the f***" out of here" attitude. Including black face, bo chap, rude replies.

We had heard that Hoe Kee was famous for selling a wide variety of bathroom accessories. That was the first time we went to a Hoe Kee store, and it gave us such a bad impression. But when I passed by the IMM store, the service there was generally ok.

Think that branch really bring the reputation of Hoe Kee down.

If I didn't happen to pass by the IMM branch, I would have told all my friends not to visit any Hoe Kee stores, in the assumption that all their customer service sucks.

Another store is the one beside their IMM branch; sim xiang jun (not sure if the spelling is correct)

Customer service also sucks. I was in the shop for almost 15 mins, and the store was not very crowded. Nobody attended to me. When I approach the sales girl (seems like a malaysian national), she was drinking water in the cashier area, and she told me she's busy (with what? drinking water?).

When I approached her again in 3 mins, she say she's with another customer, and tell me to wait again. Don't know what kind of service that is.

She can definately wait long long.

I walked out without saying a word.

Ya lor me oso bought all my kitchen/bathrm accessories at Hoe Kee IMM... 'Service' is there leh...

Seem like I have to go Bras Basah branch have a taste liao :dunno:

deleted.

Edited by TPY

TPY, just chance upon this thread.....just let u noe I did went for bathroom accessories and hood and hob hunting last year too at Hoe Kee Bras Basah.....I end up buying nothing from them and step out of the shop cos no one really entertains me and when I ask questions on a instant heater, a China worker attends to me bt the information he provides me is totally different from the other shops that I went.

This makes me lose trust and I did not buy anything from them of cos....

In the end, I patronises other shops and the Hoe Kee outlet at IMM....The service is great!

I tink if I were u, I will also lodge a complaint against them and write to STOMP!

This is really too much! :drunk:

Lets c how they sustain their biz from tis kinda poor service!

At least you are walking out of the shop at your own will But My family are being chase out

000201AD.gif

here's my experience to share...

i bought kitchen and toilet accessories from all over the place, poh joo, hoe kee, genova... and i buy alot as we needed a far bit of items for the new house.

poh joo - lady boss vy attentive, courteous and friendly and recommend whatever her knowledge and will check for you if she not quite share about the items in the store. a few sale guys are not as friendly but average. got a few items from there also but a pity some items that we needed are quite flimsy and small in size.

hoe kee at jln berseh - kana the same U OWE ME MILLION DOLLARS attitute from the old man also when we pay for the toilet and kitchen accesories. we also asked about the hob and hoods that he was selling and he suan us that for such cheap items, if spoil, just throw away. WAH LAU!:sport-smiley-003:8|8|8| i immediately want to stab him in his old screw up brain. some more he says he's the boss there. i want to tell him then go stuff his own d**k up his a*s out from his nose and into his mouth la... !! !! !! :lol::P:fire:

but the 2 young men, 1 china chinese man and 1 specky loud voice young man (his natural voice, not rude but vy friendly type), are extremely friendly and try to help in whatever they can. the specky young man was more knowledgeable as my hb was asking how to install and so on and he's able to tell you all the steps. at 1st we hv doubt on his words and we checked with our contractor and our contractor confirm that steps in installing the items are correct.

if not for these 2 young men, my hb and me would hv walk out empty handed. :dunno:

hoe kee at genting lane - heard that these branches are all family owned and run but by different family members.

the old man is the boss and he is vy pushy in selling his items and halfway, he just walk off ignoring us as we look like we will not buy anything. then the old lady come quickly and help us with the items we need. worst, i think its his son, just sit in the manager seat, put his leg up on the table and cont'd sleeping as if at home. and nobody dare to wake him up despite the amount of customers at the store.

but people at this store generally are poor in the product's knowledge as well. and i overheard his other son (i think coz of the bossy way he talk) over the phone talking to another customer over a broken tap which is meant in the shower.

i think the tap was broken and water burst out after they had install and turn it on to try. the tap is those type where there's a rainshower on top and the tap is below type. so naturally they are upset and want to change the whole thing but the young man keep telling them that they cannot do exchange for them as they are sure that the tap is in gd condition when it was sold off to them. and that they are unable to send ppl to check on the tap. i think the customer argue quite fiercely coz suddenly the young man just say"do what you want to do but we cannot exchange the whole thing for you" and just put down the phone. den the old man ask him what happen and he relate the thing to him and the old man also say "ya, we cannot exchange with them, don't know what they do during installation and they come and blame us and the product"

overhearing this, i told my hb don't buy those type of rainshower and signal him to quickly pay money and go off coz can feel the store heat rising.

hoe kee at IMM - sales ppl there are friendly and helpful. again, not vy knowledgeable on products.

hoe kee at plaza singapura - sales ppl there are helpful but not everyone are friendly. if you see and didn't buy, they will come out with some sarcastic remarks. i got a dustbin from there coz that is what i wanted.

hoe kee at tg katong complex - the sales ppl there are much more helpful, friendly and knowledgeable on their products. got a few items from there.

sim xiang jun at IMM - Customer service also sucks. we was in the shop for 30mins and nobody attended to us maybe their store was crowded with customers.

genova - sale guys are helpful, friendly and knowledgeable. but a pity their product variety are limited.

Hoe Kee at Tg Katong is really good. Product knowledge is strong amongst the staff, and they have the best inventory too. Just yesterday, I realised that I am missing one toilet roll holder. My helpful main contractor went to Hoe Kee IMM to look for an additional piece. IMM Hoe Kee didn't have it. But when I directed him to Hoe Kee Tg Katong, the staff knew exactly what he was looking for.

Just an update for all of you, the family behind Hoe Kee is aware of the damage the folks at Jln Besah are causing. I think they also know there is nothing that they can do about it. I call it the bad apple in the family is running the Jln Besah store. Just write this place off, and don't recommend anyone to go there.

I also agree Sim Siang Choon service is very bad in the outlets I visited. Still I bought both my toliet roll holders from them since I couldn't find nicer ones elsewhere. But as for the glass basin, theirs is really expensive, and considering their poor service, I would certainty take my money elsewhere.

The 2 Hoe Kee shops I went to are not as bad as the experiences at the Jalan Besar branch. Bought some stuff from them and the items are delivered correct and prompt. But find their stuff a bit more pricey. Think would only go there again if can't find the items/design elsewhere..

My experiences:

Hoe Kee @ Jalan Besar - Originally wanted to get my bathroom stuff from them, but LUCKILY they closed on Tuesday, so no chance to meet that black face boss.. heng ahh

Hoe Kee @ Genting Road - Bought my hooker hood/hob, sink and tap from there. Was served by an uncle.. He's ok, explain this and that, though can be a bit "pushy" in the sense he tried hard to recommend a certain brand.. Also got misleaded about the special tap promotion that he said had expired but willing to give to us then (later found out at other outlets that the same sink and tap promotion is still on-going)... Delivery was very prompt, and the goods are accurate and no defects..

Hoe Kee @ Tanjong Katong Complex - Went there to confirm the delivery of the hood/hob etc purchase. Was asking them about water heater but didn't buy from them eventually.. The sales guy I talked to was quite friendly and helpful..

Adamas @ Jalan Besar - Bought my bathroom accessories there.. The guy was helpful, and even offered ideas how we can save some $$$ by buying a complete set and sharing the items between 2 bathrooms. We were undecided whether should get one particular item, and the salesperson said we could get the item first (to save on making another trip down), and if really don't want later can go back to get full refund..

SSC @ Bukit Timah - The lady salesperson was ok, but not those friendly type with smile la.. She knows where the items are placed.. We almost bought their bathroom accessories, but at the very last minute (after printing out the order form of items and going to pay) having 2nd thoughts and decided to KIV. Though we felt a bit paiseh, the lady said "You are the customer, so you have the right to decide whether to buy or not, no problem"..

SSC @ Changi - Very big place with many items.. But no one came to serve us when we were in the shop for almost 1 hour... But they are ok when we approach them for questions. My mum bought a kitchen accessory there, later found out the same thing is cheaper elsewhere.

Poh Joo @ Jalan Besar - Went there when they are about to close shop. The guy (with slightly chapped lips) was quite friendly and still bother to show us the items we asked for. Didn't stay long there though.

The 2 Hoe Kee shops I went to are not as bad as the experiences at the Jalan Besar branch. Bought some stuff from them and the items are delivered correct and prompt. But find their stuff a bit more pricey. Think would only go there again if can't find the items/design elsewhere..

My experiences:

Hoe Kee @ Jalan Besar - Originally wanted to get my bathroom stuff from them, but LUCKILY they closed on Tuesday, so no chance to meet that black face boss.. heng ahh

You lucky fellow...can try toto this week

Edited by TPY

Hoe Kee at Tg Katong is really good. Product knowledge is strong amongst the staff, and they have the best inventory too. Just yesterday, I realised that I am missing one toilet roll holder. My helpful main contractor went to Hoe Kee IMM to look for an additional piece. IMM Hoe Kee didn't have it. But when I directed him to Hoe Kee Tg Katong, the staff knew exactly what he was looking for.

Just an update for all of you, the family behind Hoe Kee is aware of the damage the folks at Jln Besah are causing. I think they also know there is nothing that they can do about it. I call it the bad apple in the family is running the Jln Besah store. Just write this place off, and don't recommend anyone to go there.

I agree, just update the post to keep everybody in mind of the bad apple shop, write this place off, and don't recommend anyone to go there

My experience withHenry at Royal Franco. i came to know this place while accompany my fren to buy a toilet basin. She bought a wall mount basin from shop XXX, but the contractor broke it while installing reason being the thickness at the mount area is too too thin for wall mount. So she went back to shop XXX and that salesman suggest we pay $150 him to mount it and if break, he pay back the same basin. We considered.

And walk over further down to royal franco and saw the same basin. Uncle says SURE break and cannot use for wall mount.

After researching and surfing, many compliments from forummers. Now is my turn to reno.

So i bought my entire toilet accessories from royal franco, Ariston Storage Heater 15L, basins, toilet bowls, shower and bath mixers, shower head set and the 7 pcs accessories. Uncle even treat me soya bean drink from next door. Not sure if he is the cheapest, but very good service (take out basin to match with mixer to let me see the actual item). Always lotsa pple and couple in his shop.

Delivery next week, hope all went well.