Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios
Sign in to follow this  
shutiao06

Jw St 64 - Common Defects Found

Shutiao,

U mean they will charge us the cost of the water and electricity backdated when the contractors came and touch up the house before handing over to HDB who then hand over to us?

Win liao, wonder how many times they flush the toilet or use the water..

Join 46,923 satisfied homeowners who used renotalk quotation service to find interior designers. Get an estimated quotation
I believe with too many submissions, they got confused too. Since there's some discrepency, what u can do to help "de-confuse them" is to resubmit 1 final report online. This time round, state every single defect and label them 1), 2), 3).... At the top before u describe ur problem, do mention that this is the finalised and most updated defects list that supercedes all previous reports. At the same time, tell them exactly how long you've waited and why bsc didn't call when they were supposed to and tell them you tried calling but cannot reach them. Finish the report liao, tell them to call u back for clarification.

Yah I agree my TO had been very helpful. He didn't try to siam when he knew I stuck in ICT and can't do joint inspection with him. Or maybe I sounded fierce..... :notti:

Can u ask ur hubby to liase with them instead?

hmm yday called up my TO she said wil go down to inspect. told her to settle watever tat's on the latest list for me. and also told her i need to get the keys back by sat. she said she'll try :yamseng: but today din rec any call from her. let's c how it goes tom. have a feelin she cant do much one oso. hai. ok, mayb i'll send a finalised list to her and hopefully can settle everythin once and for all. dun wana keep draggin on.

norm i'll b the one who'll liaise wif them.. hubby too bz to call them up. by the time he's back i tink they knock off liao oso. and i tink i'm the more fussy one haa :good:

Hi Shutiao,

Why not u go straight to HDB Officer at another no. 6477xxxxx. she shld be frm Town Council one, not station at BSC office. If u push them, they will push BSC. Mine same lor, 4 weeks sinces my 1st submiission of problem, till now, they still have not done small small retification like changing screw nuts for mirror etc.

They ask me to give them 1 more week, but my husband insist them to have it done by this Sat. I have asked them to redo my floor tiles and I intend not to pay until they have finish all retrification for us. I also requested them to sand and revarnish flooring, he told me also sanded before, cannot sand anymore, else will be very thin. I also don't know how truth and my husband accept their answers. *sigh*

For that sleepy head lady, she is slim slim, look like ppl owe her $. She always said not her problem, is ah xiang schedule the works etc. Don't know what she is doing mann..... Talked with her twice and she sure on her yahoo window yahooing with someone (bor sim work type). They r like tat, can don't do, they laggi happy lor. When I request to change mirror screw nuts which appear dull and rusty to me, he told me is like tat one, change new one, use long liao also will become like tat. :rolleyes:

Friends, must complain and have ur own rights. After all, we paid for this flat.

hmm i tink tat's the no i called. but i asked if she's from hdb or bsc she said bsc. mayb she dun get wat i mean. ya they also told me the parquet flooring cannot keep resanding. if too thin cannot use already. i tink shld b true la..cos tat was wat another ID told me previously. he said cant sand more than 3 times, else too thin cannot use.

haa..ya i know how she looks. o is it? din know she wil b yahooing wif her pc. but i tink she always look blur and sleepy to me. always mumble and i duno wat she talkin abt too.. but we seldom wil go down to bsc to confront them face to face. norm i'll juz call or email. ya they like to say tat..wat use liao nex time wil oso like tat.. then i tell them but u buy a new house, pay so much for it, of cos u wan everythg to b new rite?

ya i agree..muz insist to get them to rectify till we are satisfied. after we shift in, diff to get them to come do anymore rectifications.

Shutiao,

U mean they will charge us the cost of the water and electricity backdated when the contractors came and touch up the house before handing over to HDB who then hand over to us?

Win liao, wonder how many times they flush the toilet or use the water..

hi rumi, tat i'm not too sure. but hubby did mention tat tat time when he looked at the meter it wasnt started from 0. so i duno whether PS will charge us for the utilities used prior to our application date. but our 1st bill wasnt a lot.. i tink abt $105 including the $100 deposit.

oh

they have changed our letterbox. Really some cheapo lock. My blk itself can see at least 2 to 3 type of lock.

Cracks outside the wall of the house can report as defect anot?

oh

they have changed our letterbox. Really some cheapo lock. My blk itself can see at least 2 to 3 type of lock.

Cracks outside the wall of the house can report as defect anot?

shd be able to. in the online defects report, there's an option to choose "building" or something like that :)

Hi neighbours

Finally, just submitted my defect list. Now waiting for them to arrange for joint inspection.

Can someone pls tell me if my wall got this very deep joint line, can i include this in my list or anyone wall has this prob too?

I've met the HDB officer and contractor again this morning. As there's problem with my parquet and has proposed to hack off, the officer brought us to a unit to view that owner's newly done parquet but it's veyr different from the original ones we have and it's quite horrible looking. Has anyone got their parquet re-done? Does the HDB contractor have only 1 type of parquet?

hi roseberry,

what's wrong with ur parquet flooring? Got pictures to share?

My parquet flooring is not levelled and the officer and Ah Xiang have taken the readings of the levelling. I've no photos to share cos the uneven levelling is hard to capture on camera.

Anyway, this Mr Tan said he can only allow to hack of BR1 and BR2. MBR is still within BCA allowable limit. Then he warned us that the new parquet flooring is from Indonesia instead of the original ones which were Burmese parquet. Then I was wondering.. if he hack of BR1 n BR2 and replace with the Indonesia wood, then wouldn't my MBR loook like a total mismatch with BR1 n BR2?

My parquet flooring is not levelled and the officer and Ah Xiang have taken the readings of the levelling. I've no photos to share cos the uneven levelling is hard to capture on camera.

Anyway, this Mr Tan said he can only allow to hack of BR1 and BR2. MBR is still within BCA allowable limit. Then he warned us that the new parquet flooring is from Indonesia instead of the original ones which were Burmese parquet. Then I was wondering.. if he hack of BR1 n BR2 and replace with the Indonesia wood, then wouldn't my MBR loook like a total mismatch with BR1 n BR2?

I'm curious to see the difference between the Indo and Burmese parquet. It's up to you to decide if u want to change it because they tend to give excuses to deter you from replacing the items. Just like my living room tiles, the replacement tiles they showed me were supposed to be matt and of a lighter tone. Ended up the replaced tiles looked exactly like the current tiles. I had expected the tiles to be different but the end product came as a surprise. Hopefully they will replace the same parquet tiles for ur BR1 and 2. :good:

I'm curious to see the difference between the Indo and Burmese parquet. It's up to you to decide if u want to change it because they tend to give excuses to deter you from replacing the items. Just like my living room tiles, the replacement tiles they showed me were supposed to be matt and of a lighter tone. Ended up the replaced tiles looked exactly like the current tiles. I had expected the tiles to be different but the end product came as a surprise. Hopefully they will replace the same parquet tiles for ur BR1 and 2. !!

aye I forgot to take picture of the Indo parquet otherwise can post here and compare. It's really quite a shock when I saw it. Totally turn off compare to the current ones in all our units now.

Dear all...

To check with u all... did any of u hack off e toilet paper roll holder n the shampoo holder which were provided? Cos i wanted to hack off dis things in our toilet but my ID informed us dat HDB says its hard to hack off cos its built as part of e wall... =.=

just a quick note to all that had changed the tiles in the living/dining area.

did you notice that there were no cement at all when they last lay the tiles?

you can only find out when they redo the flooring for you.

was shock to find no traces of cement at all when they took off the old tiles. that Mr Tan gave me some excuses and shown me charts that it's HDB new standard they they are using cement adhesives now, no more cement.

it's only when i saw the workers used cement AND the cement adhesives when they relay the new tiles then i know they were actually trying to lie to me.

had pictures taken before and after. going to lodge a formal complain to HDB office after they handover to me.

think they had shortchange all of us.

just a quick note to all that had changed the tiles in the living/dining area.

did you notice that there were no cement at all when they last lay the tiles?

you can only find out when they redo the flooring for you.

was shock to find no traces of cement at all when they took off the old tiles. that Mr Tan gave me some excuses and shown me charts that it's HDB new standard they they are using cement adhesives now, no more cement.

it's only when i saw the workers used cement AND the cement adhesives when they relay the new tiles then i know they were actually trying to lie to me.

had pictures taken before and after. going to lodge a formal complain to HDB office after they handover to me.

think they had shortchange all of us.

Yes I noticed that when they replaced some of my tiles, the internals were evenly flat cement. It didn't cross my mind that something was amissed. But then if there's no cement, how were the tiles laid? I had taken some photos of the empty slots after the removed my faulty tiles but had deleted them after the tiles were replaced!

Yes I noticed that when they replaced some of my tiles, the internals were evenly flat cement. It didn't cross my mind that something was amissed. But then if there's no cement, how were the tiles laid? I had taken some photos of the empty slots after the removed my faulty tiles but had deleted them after the tiles were replaced!

they simply put the tiles onto the concreate slab with a lil bit of adhesive and then put up the grout lines. that also explain how they managed to removed all my old tiles INTACT with no cracks at all.

they simply put the tiles onto the concreate slab with a lil bit of adhesive and then put up the grout lines. that also explain how they managed to removed all my old tiles INTACT with no cracks at all.

At this stage, I don't think lodging a complaint is going to help since the flats are already built and HDB has opened it up for sale. But at least the contractor incharged of the project may get blacklisted :notti: