Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios
Sign in to follow this  
luv-to-bake

Built-in oven

HI, I am new to this forum. I read about built-in oven recommendations and kind of decided to get the Brandt FP867XS1. I chanced upon Blomberg (I have never heard of it) and apparently this brand is from Germany and it also has a pyrolytic oven (BEO 1690X). Price is cheaper than the Brandt. Googled on this brand and it seems that their dish washer is very good but not sure about the oven. Anyone has any insight? BTW, how different is a De Dietrich oven compared to a Brandt? I do knead and bake breakfast spread very regularly, also pizzas, and occasionally some baked dinner mains and cakes. My concern is quality of the food and value for money. Comparing the price of around $1800 and $4000+, is it justifiable for me to get the De Dietrich since I am only baking for the family? Appreciate some advice. Thanks.

Join 46,923 satisfied homeowners who used renotalk quotation service to find interior designers. Get an estimated quotation

Hi PointZero,

Where did you see the Blomberg oven? I was also thinking of this brand after seeing it in one of the showflats.

HI, I am new to this forum. I read about built-in oven recommendations and kind of decided to get the Brandt FP867XS1. I chanced upon Blomberg (I have never heard of it) and apparently this brand is from Germany and it also has a pyrolytic oven (BEO 1690X). Price is cheaper than the Brandt. Googled on this brand and it seems that their dish washer is very good but not sure about the oven. Anyone has any insight? BTW, how different is a De Dietrich oven compared to a Brandt? I do knead and bake breakfast spread very regularly, also pizzas, and occasionally some baked dinner mains and cakes. My concern is quality of the food and value for money. Comparing the price of around $1800 and $4000+, is it justifiable for me to get the De Dietrich since I am only baking for the family? Appreciate some advice. Thanks.

I saw it at Centerpoint, level 5, in a shop that sells Electrolux, Blomberg, etc. Let me know how do you find the oven :) I have not decided. Not much info on it as yet. Which showflat did you see it in?

Saw it at The Ambience, a cluster development at Punggol.

How much is the Blomberg pyrolytic oven (BEO 1690X) selling? PM me the price if not convenient to post here. I've not used it before, but read some reviews from overseas websites which rated it quite well.

I saw it at Centerpoint, level 5, in a shop that sells Electrolux, Blomberg, etc. Let me know how do you find the oven :) I have not decided. Not much info on it as yet. Which showflat did you see it in?

hi,

i'm looking for stand alone.. is rowenta oven ok? heard it from my friend.

HI Jessicafoo,

i saw it one of a cafe at Novena Sq while shopping around. I feel that Sharp still a good buy for Stand alone type.

KM

Hi KM, tks for the reply.

Actually, we have a built-in ariston microwave oven and my thinking is to replace that with a built-in oven. Mistake in not getting a built-in oven from the start. Have checked with our previous ID and Mayer that just need minor alteration to the current microwave space to fit the oven.

So i guess Ariston is a better choice than the Rowenta countertop oven.

Hi TYM,

you will need to alter the height of the cabinet . As for the depth of the cabinet , shouldnt be a problem. I heard that Brandt Oven quite a good buy now and Electrolux too. Ariston Oven are not bad too but i recently got too many bad feedback on them , example no spare parts and poor customer service. BTW what model do you have in mind ?

KM

Hi PointZero,

Blomberg is by Casa . When compareing between De dietrich and Brandt oven, whether built-in or freestanding, it's best to consider not only the baking process, but the cleaning process and other amenities as well.As most oven serves the same is just that some gives you extra cooking programs , Or Choose either a self-cleaning or a standard oven. A self-cleaning model may be worth the extra cash; not only do you save time and effort, but the cycle generally costs little :) And try moving the shelves around. They should be easy to adjust and sturdy. Will they hold a 20-pound turkey without bending. And lastly look at other special features such as controls that automatically start or turn off the oven in your absence, digital control panels, LED displays, digital timers, even-baking features, high and low broiler or double-broiler settings, storage drawers, meat probes and available colors.

so no matter what brand you chose , you feel better after doing you suvey as some people regrets after chosing a normal oven towards a high end oven cos they always say "I seldom bake " but after a few times baking they regret of not buying a higher end cos it have more features or programs .

so trust your decision :)

KM

Hi TYM,

you will need to alter the height of the cabinet . As for the depth of the cabinet , shouldnt be a problem. I heard that Brandt Oven quite a good buy now and Electrolux too. Ariston Oven are not bad too but i recently got too many bad feedback on them , example no spare parts and poor customer service. BTW what model do you have in mind ?

KM

No particular model yet but probably not more than $800. The new Openspace looks like but pricey. Have not check on Brandt/Electrolux. Do you know whether space wise, will the alterations be a problem?

Hi, I'm looking for a built in oven. we kind of like EF AE101 but realise that most oven has only a capacity of 50+. Any suggestion of oven that has a larger capacity? Thanks.

Kitchen Matters, you reading this?

I went in to Teka showroom on Sat just when the shop was closing. But the helpful lady still answered to some of our queries anyway. I asked about pyrolytic ovens, which she told me Teka don't sell anymore. Then she said pyrolytic ovens waste energy as it's required to on the oven at very high heat for 1 hour to clean the over. moreover, cleaning is still required even with pyrolytic oven, so she said why waste the money to get them since you still have to clean the ovens.

i just want to confirm if she's right. if she is, then i will look for normal ovens. please advise.

Hi, I do a lot of roasts and some baking as well. I have been using Teka in my previous place, and i'm very happy with it. For my new place i'm looking for an oven that has a digital temp display, as i find the analog dials too imprecise.

I know that Ariston has a model with digital temp setting, i don't have the model on hand but i remember that it retails for $1349 (now it's going for $1249). I've heard a lot of bad press on the Mayer's cust service so i'm a bit hesitant about Ariston. I think it's the FZ 990 C.1 IX

I would like to stick to Teka but the i think teka doesn't have digital temp setting at the low end of the thousand dollar scale.

What caught my eye was Teka's premium model - HA890. And here's the golden feature which i find so cool - is that it comes with a built in Meat Probe. For roasting meats this is a very essential. The meat probe is inserted into the center of the meat, and once the specific internal temperature is achieve the oven will switch off. This would help ensure meat done to your taste. I currently us a digital meat probe, but its obviously not built-in to my oven - so i have to manually intervene. Assuming the built-in meat probe works as promised this would be an excellent feature. That is the golden question though, IF it works as promised. The oven is not cheap $2400 list. And it isn't a pyrolytic one.

http://www.teka.com/html/cat/prod.php?prod...p;nameCat=Ovens

The only other oven i've found to have meat probes are the Miele ones - which i'm sure will be way above S2.4k.

Anyone has experience with this oven? Hope you can share. I really like the feature, but i'm wondering if it's worth the extra dough.

Hi since this thread is on oven, think maybe I should post here as well?

I was considering the possibility of a free standing oven/stove - the kind where the oven is below and stove on top? Anyone has experience or heard review about this kinds of oven/stove? In another thread, learnt that Ariston has 2 models, went down to Mayer today, and fell in love with the Ariston stainless steel model, but it's tagged at close to 3.5k!

I always see this in western style kitchens, but seems that they are not as popular here, wonder why? Before I went down to Mayer, I thought this type is suited only for pan-style cooking, but the salesman at Mayer said they have wok stands to go with them, so Asian cooking is also workable with this stove.

Anyone has reviews on this? Thanks!

Hi since this thread is on oven, think maybe I should post here as well?

I was considering the possibility of a free standing oven/stove - the kind where the oven is below and stove on top? Anyone has experience or heard review about this kinds of oven/stove? In another thread, learnt that Ariston has 2 models, went down to Mayer today, and fell in love with the Ariston stainless steel model, but it's tagged at close to 3.5k!

I always see this in western style kitchens, but seems that they are not as popular here, wonder why? Before I went down to Mayer, I thought this type is suited only for pan-style cooking, but the salesman at Mayer said they have wok stands to go with them, so Asian cooking is also workable with this stove.

Anyone has reviews on this? Thanks!

i'm currently using le germania, love it to bits. so used to having a large oven hence now having a headache looking for an oven large enough as well as to do up my new kitchen.

i'm currently using le germania, love it to bits. so used to having a large oven hence now having a headache looking for an oven large enough as well as to do up my new kitchen.

hmm .. mind if I ask how much you paid for it? Is this the one whose showroom is at Shaw Centre?

hmm .. mind if I ask how much you paid for it? Is this the one whose showroom is at Shaw Centre?

am using the older model of this :D84C61X

http://www.hoekee.com.sg/appFreeStandPg01.shtml

bought it at around 900 but that was like in year 2002. saw the model i like and called tolay to check pricing. they offered much lower than shops like denki/courts hence i got fr them.

• Like 1