Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios
Sign in to follow this  
Taurean

Maintainence Of Leather Sofa

Would like to know how to maintain leather sofa. Can anyone give me some tips on how to? i.e What type of leather conditioner to buy and how you clean your leather sofa.

Thanks in advance :sport-smiley-004:

Looking for good contractors? Click here for your request

You should talk to the guy who sold you the sofa.

Frankly, you go to any good store, they should also sell the leather cleaner and leather care cream. It's important to clean and oil the sofa regularly, else the leather will become stiff and crack.

Would like to know how to maintain leather sofa. Can anyone give me some tips on how to? i.e What type of leather conditioner to buy and how you clean your leather sofa.

Thanks in advance !!

Make sure no expose to direct sunlight. The navinzi guy said try to use wet cloth to clean, strictly no detergent.

Thanks for all inputs.

Yup was told to clean with damp cloth w/o any detergent and to apply leather conditioner every 3mths. Not sure of which / what to buy too. !!

Thanks for all inputs.

Yup was told to clean with damp cloth w/o any detergent and to apply leather conditioner every 3mths. Not sure of which / what to buy too. :(

go to IKEA to buy the cleaners/conditioners/cream.

not exp. i think $19+ for 2 bottles with sponges.

if want exp ones, buy from barang barang, which i think its not necessary.

another way is to buy those car seats conditioners types. its basically the same product. leather is leather.

if the product can clean/conditions car leather seats, it can also clean/condition home sofa seats.

Thanks for all inputs.

Yup was told to clean with damp cloth w/o any detergent and to apply leather conditioner every 3mths. Not sure of which / what to buy too. :sport-smiley-004:

go to car accessories section of ntuc/carrefour/giant and buy the Zymol conditioner and cleaner.

meguiars not bad also.

Sorry to dig up an old topic.

Can I check if the car leather cleaner is suitable for the PU leather sofa at home?

The man who sold us the sofa asks us to look for a vinyl cleaner. But we search through NTUC, HomeFix, Shop and Save and could not find it.

Sorry to dig up an old topic.

Can I check if the car leather cleaner is suitable for the PU leather sofa at home?

The man who sold us the sofa asks us to look for a vinyl cleaner. But we search through NTUC, HomeFix, Shop and Save and could not find it.

Buy "Amour All" from car accessories stores for PU. Apply with sponge and let it dry off, but shine will not last.

For genuine leather you can use Mink Oil from any Bata shops.

I use those leather care cream that are meant for cars once every 6 months or so. Only thing is that these cream leaves behind some oily residue. Have to endure for a week or so for the oiliness to go away

I use those leather care cream that are meant for cars once every 6 months or so. Only thing is that these cream leaves behind some oily residue. Have to endure for a week or so for the oiliness to go away

Try buffing it with a chamois cloth. It works for me, but it is real hardwork

Try buffing it with a chamois cloth. It works for me, but it is real hardwork

I am using 3M leather cleaner for car. Clean every 3 months or so, pretty effortless.

I am using 3M leather cleaner for car. Clean every 3 months or so, pretty effortless.

Ikea leather package is a good products. Try it.... some time it goes out of stock.

Wet cloth ...... not reccomended.... it will crack the leather.

Detergent.... worst dont try. Colour will fade.

Best if use only cloth with little water soak , than use Ikea leather package to maintain.

Edited by tanwill