Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios
Sign in to follow this  
ckoonyin

To Get From All Best, Gain City Or C**lserve?

AllB*st service really really very bad. Especially after you paid deposit or half the payment. My hub called them up and ask them to re-run the trunking but the girl who answered the phone keep saying she don't know anything and said will ask the technician to call back. But wait wait wait wait & wait.. they never call back. Finally after few calls to them and must keep complaining the technician called back and keep saying that the trunking is best to be run that way lah.. blah.. crooked cos if not done like that, cannot flow lah.. blah... True enough, but inside the rubber pipes crooked can le mah, why should the external boxed up be crooked as well? If really so pro, simple thing like that should know in the beginning. Explain to them, they simply refused to admit their fault.

Nvm.. they finally agreed to come down our flat and take a second look. Guess what?? They failed to turn up!!! My hub waited there with my ID for few hours loh.. not even a call... People think that I'm bad-mouthing them but it's true that this is what happened to us.. Their service is truly lousy. I will not recommend them to any of my friends definitely. They may sell aircon slightly cheaper, but definitely not worth to save that slight difference and in return, you get such services

Join 46,923 satisfied homeowners who used renotalk quotation service to find interior designers. Get an estimated quotation

I got my aircon from hong tar and so far no problem and installation is neatly done.I didn't buy the aircon from allbest and best tech because i had search most of the forums and both really recieved the most complaint. No doubt they may sell cheap but their installers skills are depend on luck.

Hi ckoonyin,

Hope you not committed yet. My advice is buying an air-con from the Distributor instead of a Dealer. Their charges may be more but at least you can be assured that the workmanship is according to standards and efficient.

I am not saying that all Dealer installations are of poor quality, but when business is good, quality tend to be compromised. In any case, there was no quality control in my case, all was left to the installation people, not properly trained technicians. Imagine testing the coolness of your air-con by feelings with the hands, no thermometer, no pressure gauges, no proper vacuum pumps, nothing.

I had a bad encounter with one but at least the service backup from the Distributor was very good.

Please do not get from someone just to save a few dollars or because they offer you an extended warranty period. Look at it 5 or even 10 years down the road. If the job is not done professionally, headaches and heartaches of repairs will follow.

Remember, everything breakdown or have defects, it is important that when such occurs, you have someone who is in the business for keeps to turn to.

Finally, try not to hide all the piping, make sure that in the event of problems they are easily accessible for trouble shooting and repairs.

Best regards.

Edited by jcccheng

Hi, did anyone buy aircon from Gain City recently and manage to get them to come down to 2 times for free installation, once for trunking and another time for fancoil installation? I'm doing renovation currently at my new place.

The salesguy I spoke to, mentioned need to add S$80+ dollars for the 2nd trip.

Edited by thevert

Hi, did anyone buy aircon from Gain City recently and manage to get them to come down to 2 times for free installation, once for trunking and another time for fancoil installation? I'm doing renovation currently at my new place.

The salesguy I spoke to, mentioned need to add S$80+ dollars for the 2nd trip.

This is how they do business...price so cheap and if u ask for standard installation,then they charged u.

insist on 2 times installation!! It is not wise to install aircon as dust and dirt may go into fancoil during the installation and that may shorten the lifespan of your aircon.

Hi All,

I went for Hong Tar (Jurong West) - took Fujistu Inverter System 3; either I'm not really fussy or the the sales is simply straight-forward cos she just recommend me two model Mit and Fujistu and gave a direct presentation. The price quoted is with the 1/2" piping etc and steel backet (cos my flat's resale); and two times installation: Piping first, then aircon+conditioner next. Payment is 10% upfront, 50% 1st installation, 40% 2nd installation.

I called up to book a schedule intially, then had to changed it earlier as my ID was able to make it ahead of our project timeline. Hong Tar had been accomdating and done the changes. The really paiseh thing is on the actual day: the ways of of piping needs my decision cos certain of laying might not look too nice for either studyrm or common bedrm - my ID had to ask me to come to my new home... and the Hong Tar guys and my ID had to wait from 10 > 1230pm ... so I can confirm and give go-ahead.

I was also surprised by their amt of manpower... cos I got almost eight guys from Hong Tar coming in to do up the trunking and piping for 3 rooms.

Overall, am ok with their services loh... trouble and hassle free. Sorry if I'm too naggy :rolleyes:

Hi guys, some enquiries on the aircon round pin plug. My new flat doesn't have this plug, does gain city etc installs this plug as part of the installation or does it charge separately? Usually how much for it?

Heard that i have to submit some report to HDB if i wanna install aircon and the 3pin round plug etc

I'd like to express my sincere thanks to Gain City. They've been very helpful, cooperative and accommodating to our needs in my previous purchase. They are a genuine retailer with a reputation for, excellent services and fine installation workmanship. Once again, thank you very much, Gain City.

:jawdrop: oh no oh no!!! We bought LG sys3 non-inverter from AllB**t for $1499!!! Now read so much things about them from this thread dunno whether to cancel and get from someone else leh!!! Paid mini deposit of $153....

How? :dunno:

really ah? heehee eh.........when u buy ah? mind letting me in on who was ure sales man and how much u paid of 'em?

i just bought my from Gain City Ang Mo Kio (their so called warehouse / main branch). Price wise ok. have survey around and find theirs quite ok

i just bought my from Gain City Ang Mo Kio (their so called warehouse / main branch). Price wise ok. have survey around and find theirs quite ok

But after seeing some reviews from forumers here, i think i might head down to IMM to check on the same model price again. Just in case i got quoted with higher price...:(

AllB*st service really really very bad. Especially after you paid deposit or half the payment. My hub called them up and ask them to re-run the trunking but the girl who answered the phone keep saying she don't know anything and said will ask the technician to call back. But wait wait wait wait & wait.. they never call back. Finally after few calls to them and must keep complaining the technician called back and keep saying that the trunking is best to be run that way lah.. blah.. crooked cos if not done like that, cannot flow lah.. blah... True enough, but inside the rubber pipes crooked can le mah, why should the external boxed up be crooked as well? If really so pro, simple thing like that should know in the beginning. Explain to them, they simply refused to admit their fault.

Nvm.. they finally agreed to come down our flat and take a second look. Guess what?? They failed to turn up!!! My hub waited there with my ID for few hours loh.. not even a call... People think that I'm bad-mouthing them but it's true that this is what happened to us.. Their service is truly lousy. I will not recommend them to any of my friends definitely. They may sell aircon slightly cheaper, but definitely not worth to save that slight difference and in return, you get such services

Hi All,

I would like to inform everyone NOT TO GO to ALLBEST for purchasing of Aircon. Their services are so poor and worst of all the workers are all very unfriendly including the receptionist(who doesn't know a single thing about aircon). I purchased my Aircon units (3 of them) from ALLBEST 1 and a half years ago when I renovated my apartment with *** Interior Design(which is another company which is highly not recommended but that is a whole different story which I will write later), even though I had chosen a different company for purchasing the Aircon which I visited in IMM. *** Interior told me that they always work with ALLBEST and assured me that it is a good company(which obviously they draw a commission from for referring customers over). So I gave in to that since I wanted everything to go smoothly...However today, I just had my 2 Aircon units fixed because both of them stop working only after 1.5years since installation!!!!

Before I go on warning everyone and sounding like a person who keeps complaining, I would like to praise Siat Air Engineering Works who did the repair for me today. This small company is really efficient and the receptionist knows her job well because she was able to identify the problems when I first called for help! One of the senior staff called Chee Wee came and was able to identify the issue immediately and made an appointment to come back within 3days for repair(since it is a huge work as ALL BEST had done a bad installation). They just left my place, all their staffs are really friendly and efficient and they know their job well. They cleaned up my place, wiping the floor throughly with a cloth before they left, making sure that everything is back to it's original state. I mentioned this because I was quite shocked that I can get such services in SINGAPORE after what I have experienced with ALL BEST.

Ok so here's the problems with ALL BEST. My SHARP Aircon unit in my living room stopped running a week ago. I found out that the electricity was cut off on the circuit board, so obviously there's a short circuit with the aircon. After Siat Air Engineering came down, they discovered that the electricity cable that ALL BEST had installed was too thin since this unit is a much bigger capacity unit as compared to the ones in the bedrooms, in addition, the cables were not in one continuous length but instead joined by 2 pieces of wire at some point because they cut it too short initially. So as a result, the electricity cable was burned!! The headache was to change the cables as all my electricity cables are concealed in the false ceiling so they had to cut holes in several sections to do the re-cabling. Fortunately Siat Air had done a great job within 3hours and everything is back in order. So obviously ALL BEST tried to install a cheaper cable thinking that they can get away with it since warranty only covers a year right. Well they might have gotten away with that but I'm definitely not going back to them and will warm all my friends not to go to them as well.

Well this is one of the problem with ALL BEST, another was 8 months ago(when my aircon was still under warranty), I discovered water leaking above the false ceiling in my guest toilet. It came from the Aircon pipes which is running above the false ceiling to my bedroom. So by the time ALL BEST took their time to come down and take a look, my false ceiling was already destroyed by the moisture!! So what caused this water leaking was that ALL BEST had installed smaller water pipes than necessary. BUT ALL BEST refused to admit it was their fault and continued to say that since it was still under warranty, they will change the pipes to a bigger diameter one for me free of charge, making it sound like they were doing me a favour!!! So ridiculous!!! Obviously they have to do that since they were the ones who did a bad installation initially. However, in order to change the pipes, they have to cut open the false ceiling, BUT ALL BEST claimed that was not their problem and they simply refused to fix back the false ceiling after opening them. Insane! So despite threatening to sue them, and they simply did not care at all, I just gave in and arranged to have the ceiling fixed by my own contractor since it wasn't worth the while to sue them over a false ceiling (and they obviously figured that out hence didn't give a sh*t).

Ok, that's all I have to say, I'm glad that my aircon are all back to working condition and I simply would like to warn and share my bad experiences with everyone so that everyone can make a wise decision when it comes to purchasing aircons from reliable companies.

JiaHao