Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios
Sign in to follow this  
porkypig

Any Recommendations To Clean Laminate Flooring?

Can anyone recommend ways or/and kind of liquids for cleaning laminate flooring? :dancingqueen:

Plus how frequent do you mop?

Do i need to use a dry mop/cloth to wipe away excess water after mopping??

Million thanks... :bangwall:

Looking for good contractors? Click here for your request

hi there i am using sofix for the laminated flooring

its not too bad i usually use one week once. (only weekend free to clean)

so dont use too much water and squeeze it as dry as possible before mopping..

so far so good since i had been living with my laminated flooring for 1 year plus :D

I normally use magiclean wiper sheet to clean my laminated flooring. For mopping, I'm also using Sofix. But at times, I also use Ajax (Apple) which I used for my Homo tiles & it smells really nice. Sofix now has the new & improved version.

I mop my laminates with Roman magic mop, & a special blue mop (polyyester) which I bought from a makeshift stall during roadshow. Its drier than the normal type of mop. Onces a while, i also get on my knees & use floor cloth to mop as this method would enable me to reach all the hard to reach corners as well as gaps. Lastly, i didnt have to use a cloth to dry up the flooring after mopping regardless of whichever mops I used. BEen using this method for 2.5 years

Finally got my Sofix for Laminate at Cold Storage.. :)

Realised that not many places has "Laminate"..mostly are for "Stones" and "Parquet"..

Carrefour is selling @ $7.05(no stock) and Cold Storage @ $8.00.

Can anyone recommend ways or/and kind of liquids for cleaning laminate flooring? :(

Plus how frequent do you mop?

Do i need to use a dry mop/cloth to wipe away excess water after mopping??

Million thanks... !!

any one knows how to take care of laminated flooring?

and what's the typical life span of laminated floors?

how do i tell if the laminates are going to spoil?

My parent's home is fully laminate (all rooms and living room) and my mum has been using the same method of vacuuming first, then using MagicClean/ KiwiClean diluted with water to mop. Its been more than 5 years already and our flooring is still maintained pretty well.

At my current place, I do the same thing for both my homo tiles and laminate flooring. It always feel squeaky clean after a good mop! :sport-smiley-004:

A thing to note though, do not leave puddles of water on your floor cos' the water may seep through the gaps. Wet mopping is OK provided you squeeze your mop dry (not dripping wet kind) before mopping.

:sport-smiley-004:

any one knows how to take care of laminated flooring?

and what's the typical life span of laminated floors?

how do i tell if the laminates are going to spoil?

My old house is laminated whole house. It is actually very easy to maintain except water puddle is a no no. Any puddle of water please clean it immediately. Other than that the only floor solution dedicated to laminated flooring is Sofix as mentioned, have not come across any other solution.

Laminate don't get chip or crack or scratch easily because it is treated wood. It usually last a long time. When mopping, try to ensure the mop is not too wet. Or use the 3M mini sponge mob, very easy to use and lightweight.

Come to think of it, really miss my laminated flooring. Find it a waste to change my new house to laminate as all the floorings have been redone by HDB before handing over the keys to us. Sigh...

Hi all,

Actually we don't really have to use sofix for laminate. I have actually checked with the sales manager who did my laminate flooring. Her advice was use normal cleaning agent and continue to use sofix but probably once or twice monthly..She says that if i always use sofix, our laminate flooring will become more shiny.

But it is up to individual and its just my two cents worth..

But hey do let me know if you are using sofix and your laminates are indeed more shininer..

:P

My old house is laminated whole house. It is actually very easy to maintain except water puddle is a no no. Any puddle of water please clean it immediately. Other than that the only floor solution dedicated to laminated flooring is Sofix as mentioned, have not come across any other solution.

Laminate don't get chip or crack or scratch easily because it is treated wood. It usually last a long time. When mopping, try to ensure the mop is not too wet. Or use the 3M mini sponge mob, very easy to use and lightweight.

Come to think of it, really miss my laminated flooring. Find it a waste to change my new house to laminate as all the floorings have been redone by HDB before handing over the keys to us. Sigh...

Yeah , maintaining LF is not that diff after all, thumps upz !!!

Yeah , maintaining LF is not that diff after all, thumps upz !!!

I just bought my sofix for laminate and i dilute it with water as per instructions. But when mopped, it still leave behind streaks! Is it because this is the 1st time i'm mopping the floor with sofix? Should I try use it undiluted instead?

I just bought my sofix for laminate and i dilute it with water as per instructions. But when mopped, it still leave behind streaks! Is it because this is the 1st time i'm mopping the floor with sofix? Should I try use it undiluted instead?

Hi Marissa,

Use the 3M Scotch Mop. It looks like the a larger version of the Magiclean Paper mop, except that the 'paper' is a washable cloth. We use it with sofix. So you can wring is really dry and its so easy to mop with it.

Its easy to recognise it at shops, the stick and the cloth is green in colour. About $21. Bought at carefour and also saw it at home-fix.

Hope this helps

Hi Marissa,

Use the 3M Scotch Mop. It looks like the a larger version of the Magiclean Paper mop, except that the 'paper' is a washable cloth. We use it with sofix. So you can wring is really dry and its so easy to mop with it.

Its easy to recognise it at shops, the stick and the cloth is green in colour. About $21. Bought at carefour and also saw it at home-fix.

Hope this helps

Hi cafelatte,

I was using the magiclean dry wiper but damp it a bit with sofix. Will try using the 3M mop. Thank you! BUt the sofix is still undiluted right?