Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios
Sign in to follow this  
Chunky Monkey

Maid Abuse (disturbing Youtube Videos)

What both sides. innocent baby as the subject to relief the anger ?

Did you saw the part, she was holding a deck of playing cards ?

Judging from the way she manage, she does knows how to handle.

Nothing to do with training. It is the same issue Suharto is facing now

Human rights :P They totally lack of this, and no training can inmprove that.

Think I respect gangster better. they always say " fight one by one lah "

Join 46,923 satisfied homeowners who used renotalk quotation service to find interior designers. Get an estimated quotation

Yup, I was totally disturbed and annoyed too when I watched the news last night. No matter how grievanced the maid is towards the employers, she has no right to take it out on an innocent baby. Just confront them directly!

There is something known as a Shaken Baby Syndrome (SBS) which is fatal. Happens when angry caregivers or parents shake the baby continuously, for example in a bid to stop him/her crying. Can lead to brain damage, broken bones/ribs and even death! :P

So parents, don't even attempt to swing/throw your young child or baby in the air. Heard that actions such as bouncing a baby sitting on our knees continuously can lead to SBS!

Edited by countrylover

What the maid has done is sickening. I can't help but wonder how long she has tormented this poor baby?:unsure:!! As a mother of 2 young children, it makes my stomach turn just watching these videos of cruelty. Very clearly, the maid has no patience or mental make-up suitable to care for a baby, child or aged. And to read that she's actually gentle to the baby in their presence, makes me think that she has a wicked soul in her. No matter how she has been treated by her employer, a decent human being would be kind to a helpless little baby.

These videos serve as a wake-up call to parents, not to leave their most cherished "assets" in the hands of a foreign domestic worker. NEVER. Maids are "helpers". They are not great caregivers. For all the people out there who are TTC (trying to conceive), please plan your home logistics properly. I gave up my career because I could trust no one with my own children. My maid assists me at home. She is however never in charge.

Chunky Monkey.....U r really lucky to be able to afford to go without job and care for your

children entirely with yr patience and love....

I believes one day if I were a mother, I cannot afford to go w/o job...sigh! Living standard is

too high...

I agree with u tat we can NEVER leave the kids with a maid....If I were to employ a maid, I will

leave the maid with my parents or parents in law...or worse to worse come, perhaps will get a

P/T baby sitter (local) and fetch the baby back home at nights.....

Imagine yr precious baby being tortured in this way.....I will heart bleed man....

Edited by karen77sg

sometimes, you really have no choice but to give up your job temp to take care of your babies/children. i believe nothing is more impt than your own babies/children. :dancingqueen:

karen, it's not about luck or no luck. CHOICES. We all have choices and we make choices that are most suitable for ourselves, at various life stages.

absolutely agreed! :dribble:

karen, it's not about luck or no luck. CHOICES. We all have choices and we make choices that are most suitable for ourselves, at various life stages.

What happens if your husband is working as a cleaner earning $800 per month, can you give up your job? What happens for those whose husband is sick, in jail, etc and unable to work? What happens for those who are divorcee or widow, and your job is the sole source of income for the family? And also many other circumstances; I am just naming the more extreme ones...

Thus I think that's the 'luck' she is referring to...there isn't much of a choice, is there?

zirhk, with all due respect I think that is a moot point. We are all not destitutes by a long mile, and none of us participating in a renovation (which is a luxury by any comparison) forum would belong to any of the extreme cases named as examples. (And I say this not without compassion).

Even so, the extreme examples are also not terminally definate. They are circumstances that can be unwound/recovered. Maybe it's my naivity, but I have the opinion that anyone with conviction to improve one's lives will not stay 'unlucky'. Those who do nothing will not have their lives improved. And to relate back to having a single income family, with a stay at home mom to look after children (and not relying on a domestic maid 100% as in the hideous videos), it's financial choices that seem to be the main artery of all other decisions. Those would mean, not living out of ones means. To be able to have choices, one needs the freedom to make them. And I think you already know what I am driving at.

Oh, Gong Xi Fa Cai! Xin Nian Kuai Le!

Ok lah, back to topic...

wonder why the baby parent din not notice any bruises ah ?

i mean earlier la.

This reminds me of my initial suspicion:

If there is no injuries, and the maid was all nice and delicate in front of the employers, why did they suddenly go install a hidden camera?? :D

I mean if they had no other 'motives', they would have installed it well before the maid arrives, and not half-way-thru 'suddenly' decide like, "Hey darling, I am just curious ya'know...let's see what the maid doing at home without us...ya'know, candid camera, just for fun, want??"

Cannot be, right?? :drunk::dancingqueen:

I heard from my fren that the couple decided to install the camera just to spy whether their maid is working....bt to their astonishment, they discovered on the abuse on their baby!:D

Hmmm....I also hv my queries.....how come they never discovered anything wrong on the baby????

The maid apply concealer on the bruises..???

What happens if your husband is working as a cleaner earning $800 per month, can you give up your job? What happens for those whose husband is sick, in jail, etc and unable to work? What happens for those who are divorcee or widow, and your job is the sole source of income for the family? And also many other circumstances; I am just naming the more extreme ones...

Thus I think that's the 'luck' she is referring to...there isn't much of a choice, is there?

Hmm...tis is my point la...anyway, lets not dwell on it anymore....

Gong Xi Fa Cai, Wan Shi Ru Yi!

Edited by karen77sg

I heard from my fren that the couple decided to install the camera just to spy whether their maid is working....bt to their astonishment, they discovered on the abuse on their baby!:D

Hmmm....I also hv my queries.....how come they never discovered anything wrong on the baby????

The maid apply concealer on the bruises..???

My point is do you think its possible; "just to spy whether their maid is working"? If they wanted to do this, then they would have installed it well before the maid arrives mah, not halfway thru the employment.

Also, why is the camera facing the baby cot and sarong? You mean the maid was employed solely to take care of the baby only, not to do other housework? Or are they already suspicious of something that they are not telling? :drunk:

Ok let me put it very bluntly: Could it be that the couple had done something towards the maid, guilty conscience, suspect that the maid might take revenge, so they put a camera to watch her, then end up zhun-zhun saw the maid abusing the baby?? :D

Haha...I am just being my usual sensitive self and babbling...dun mind me... :dancingqueen:

My point is do you think its possible; "just to spy whether their maid is working"? If they wanted to do this, then they would have installed it well before the maid arrives mah, not halfway thru the employment.

Also, why is the camera facing the baby cot and sarong? You mean the maid was employed solely to take care of the baby only, not to do other housework? Or are they already suspicious of something that they are not telling? :notti:

Ok let me put it very bluntly: Could it be that the couple had done something towards the maid, guilty conscience, suspect that the maid might take revenge, so they put a camera to watch her, then end up zhun-zhun saw the maid abusing the baby?? :)

Haha...I am just being my usual sensitive self and babbling...dun mind me... :jawdrop:

hehehe.. do u read private inspector kind of book :notti:..

yalor actually me too wonder why sudden install e camera..

maybe video look as it like very painful hit but actual is lightly hit on the baby only and no bruises at all.

Also, why is the camera facing the baby cot and sarong? You mean the maid was employed solely to take care of the baby only, not to do other housework? Or are they already suspicious of something that they are not telling? :notti:

Ok let me put it very bluntly: Could it be that the couple had done something towards the maid, guilty conscience, suspect that the maid might take revenge, so they put a camera to watch her, then end up zhun-zhun saw the maid abusing the baby?? :notti:

Haha...I am just being my usual sensitive self and babbling...dun mind me... :notti:

U hv got a point there....

If the parents really ill-treat the maid, then they are stupid man...cos their baby is in the hands of the maid

when they are not around! We never noe how will the maid treats the baby when they are at work....

Hmm...seems like no updates anymore....

Hopefully the poor baby dun suffer any internal injuries...he is innocent de....