Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios
Sign in to follow this  
sunshines11

Recommendation For Refrigerator

Join 46,923 satisfied homeowners who used renotalk quotation service to find interior designers. Get an estimated quotation
Hey folks,

Is it necessary or better to be safe to buy an extended warranty for fridge since it will be working 24 hrs every day?

Coz this extended 5 yr warranty only applies in places like Best Denki and Harvy Norman, & they cost price of the fridge is usually higher than neighbourhood small electrical shop.

I should be getting the inverter Panasonic NR-B403V-S6 fridge which retails at $1099 at HN & Best Denki & can top up a bit for extended warranty. Prob Neighbourhood store can get $950 but no extended warranty.

I feel that sometimes it also depends on your luck. The extended warranty gives us a peace of mind definitely. Like my mum's Bosch washing machine and LG fridge, she's been using for over 8 years, but none has given her any technical problems.

my place for fridge is even tinier....

cuz under the top kitchen cabinet.

I can squeeze a max height of 170cm and max width 70cm, severely limiting the choices.

Anyway, why there are few Fisher and Paykel recommendation?

I thought it is the most energy efficient fridge available...

Any past user bad/ good experience on F&P?

I'm using Fisher & Paykel, no problems so far and I prefer the glass shelves that they use as opposed to the majority of japanese/korean refridgerators using plastic.

I'm using Fisher & Paykel, no problems so far and I prefer the glass shelves that they use as opposed to the majority of japanese/korean refridgerators using plastic.

we were deciding between F&P and mitsubishi too

although the mitsubishi has larger storage space for the vege, the tempered glass shelves and the closing caharacteristics of doors of the F&P won us over...

pricing wise, not much diff. mitsubishi is made in thailand and F&P is made in new zeland

Anybody has experience with the Samsung RS20NRHS?

Is it considered energy efficient and is it too big? Thanks!

Hi Brownbear,

Just got mine delivered last Saturday. So far so good.

I've a F/P fridge for 8 years old....no problems...very good.

Am thinking of getting the new F/P with ice making capability...

Kanna chased by the ID for the fridge dimension... but we hvn't even decided wat fridge to buy~~ how to give dimension... :bangwall:

Anyway, hubby and I are looking at those 'big' fridges ... with nice design (that is my criteria.. :P ).. we prefer those fridge door like the real door kind, gap in the middle line, open left and right kind.. (is there anyone understand what i am saying?? :dunno: )

any recommendation?? :help:

looking for a fridge as well. have done some research so thought might as well share it here.

my criteria is: between 300-400L and below $900. the prices are indicative (from harvey norman) only. you probably can get cheaper from the neighborhood shops.

the list is not exhaustive. if you know of other brands/models that fit the criteria, please share!

Panasonic NR-B363V-S6 (355L; 3 ticks; 569kWh) ~ $1049

Panasonic NR-B403V-S6 (395L; 680 x 1770 x 690; 3 ticks; 595kWh) ~ $1099

Samsung RT-41MAMT (337L; 670 x 1685 x 688; 3 ticks; 611kWh) ~ $671

Samsung RT-53EAMT (424L; 725 x 1738 x 734; 3 ticks; 670kWh) ~ $865

LG GR-M392YLQ (318L; 608 x 1711 x 720; 2 ticks; 706kWh) ~ $709

LG GR-M492YLY (388L; 680 x 1725 x 725; 3 ticks; 650kWh) ~ $899

Toshiba GR-MG46SDE (410L; 655 x 1773 x 724; 2 ticks; 825kWh) ~ $845

Toshiba GR-M45SDEV (395L; 655 x 1773 x 724; 2 ticks; 814kWh) ~ $845

Hitachi R-Z450AM (365L; 650 x 1695 x 690; 2 ticks; 694kWh) ~ $749

Sharp SJ-T40R-SL (398L; 645 x 1170 x 710; 3 ticks; 610kWh) ~ $899

Edited by vade