Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios
Sign in to follow this  
sunshines11

Recommendation For Refrigerator

I'm eyeing this Mitsubishi Folio series MR-CL38M which is made in Japan. Anyone using this can let me know whether this is good?

Thanks ya!

Looking for good contractors? Click here for your request

Anyone bought or could comment on the following models?

1. Mitsubishi MR-S46

2. Panasonic NR-F500

3. Mitsubishi MR-V50T

4. Toshiba GR-L42

We need a fridge with net volume of at least 400L, must have stainless steel coloured door(s). As big as possible but not too wide cause our fridge base is only 815mm wide, 810mm deep, between a wall and a cabinet. Have considered Ariston and Fisher&Paykel before but decided against them cause heard European models are not suitable for Singapore's weather. I like Samsung and LG but too bad they're not friendly for small kitchens.

my place for fridge is even tinier....

cuz under the top kitchen cabinet.

I can squeeze a max height of 170cm and max width 70cm, severely limiting the choices.

Anyway, why there are few Fisher and Paykel recommendation?

I thought it is the most energy efficient fridge available...

Any past user bad/ good experience on F&P?

F & P design is not as sleek as the Jap/Korean brands. It is more energy efficient, but that depends very much on how often the fridge is open. Jus a simple illustration, we hv a 500L fridge, my mum has a 400L fridge, we r home only after 8pm, my mum is home all day (housewife). Although we hv a higher capacity, our comsuption will be lesser, cos our fridge is open less often.

Btw, if u interested, F & P is hving warehouse sales from 19th to 21st June @ Address: 150 Ubi Ave 4, #02-00 Sunlight Building. 8.30 am to 5.30 pm

I have not used 3 or more doors fridge where the freezer is at the bottom and vegetable crisper in the middle with drawer-like cabinets.

Can anyone comment on the pros and cons of having a separate vegetable crisper in a vegetable compartment vs sharing the vegetabe crisper in the chiller?

Can anyone comment on the auto ice-making feature in a fridge. Is there a maintenance issue to clean the water pipe, internal ice-cube tray and other components used for auto ice-maker? What I know is having an auto ice-maker in a fridge will consume more electricity.

I am actually considering these 2 models.

Panasonic NR-B403V-S6 : 2-doors with the freezer below but using ice-twister. Am afraid difficult to refill the ice tray and put into the bottom freezer without spilling all over. The vegetable cripser is inside the chiller , so there is no separate compartment/drawer.

Hitachi R-S37SVS : 3 doors with separate middle vegetable crisper compartment and bottom freezer where there is auto ice-making feature. I like this slim model, but I find that the depth of 615mm seems small, so I wonder if the small depth will pose any future problem of placing items with a bigger depth. I can't of think of anything except probably a huge cake?

Feedback appreciated. Thanks.

Hi rumi,

Currently using the 403v. Well so far so good. Really like the fact that is very quiet. Well have not really checked the bills yet, so cannot really comment on the efficency of it.

Well as for the water spilling all over, don;t really think its a problem cause both my wife and I are very tall (close to 1.8), and we don;t find its a problem, so I don't think it should be one to you. The only downside is that the freezer is not like the conventional one which have shelvings, which you can put additional ice makers in to make more ice.

Well have not started buying any sort of veg for the fridge, so cannot comment for the veg. compartment part.

Cheers

anyone has any experience using a "sharp" side by side fridge? i heard from a shop that sharp is closing their distribution of all their consumer electronics except for aircon in the SG market, anyone can shed some light here. Thanks.

:dunno:

Hello Rumi. Also looking at LG GR model, but a bigger variant. Deciding between these two, hope to get some recommendations and comments here. The LG has 2 energy saving ticks while the Hitachi yields three. :yamseng:

LG Fridge - GR-M712YLA

gr-m712yla_1192693182537_m.jpg

Hitachi Fridge - R-Z692AMSX (picture shows the first model - new model is Stainless Steel colour)

697182223_R-Z691AMSX.jpg

Hi,

Any feedback on LG GR-M492YLY 388L nett? How is the cie

@Door feature? Will the ice tray drop down easily as I notice the catch is not very tight.

http://sg.lge.com/prodmodeldetail.do?actTy...LY&model=3#

Edited by Starscream

Hi,

Any feedback on LG GR-M492YLY 388L nett? How is the cie

@Door feature? Will the ice tray drop down easily as I notice the catch is not very tight.

http://sg.lge.com/prodmodeldetail.do?actTy...LY&model=3#

I'm also eyeing the LG GR-M492YLY. Will also appreciate comments from those who own it. My mum's LG fridge is still going strong after 8 years, as such I'm considering getting an LG.

if u guys wanna to get a new fridge, try call tis number 65653364

ask for Mr Lim....

just give him any model number, he'll find for u n give u good price....

if u guys wanna to get a new fridge, try call tis number 65653364

ask for Mr Lim....

just give him any model number, he'll find for u n give u good price....

What is the name of the shop which u mentioned above?

What is the name of the shop which u mentioned above?

No shop.....

but ish located in a warehouse.....

all payment by cash....

So far, i've buy a hob n instant heater

Hob brand: Ellane cost $278 with safety valve(stainless steel, 2 burners)

Instant heater: Mistral cost $85

Hey folks,

Is it necessary or better to be safe to buy an extended warranty for fridge since it will be working 24 hrs every day?

Coz this extended 5 yr warranty only applies in places like Best Denki and Harvy Norman, & they cost price of the fridge is usually higher than neighbourhood small electrical shop.

I should be getting the inverter Panasonic NR-B403V-S6 fridge which retails at $1099 at HN & Best Denki & can top up a bit for extended warranty. Prob Neighbourhood store can get $950 but no extended warranty.