Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios
Sign in to follow this  
sunshines11

Ceiling Fan

KDK A11YS is powerful enough if you are sitting under the fan and the coverage is reasonable. I lost trust on any other taiwan made/assemble fan unless they give life time warranty on capacitor. I have two that fail after 7mths and i only on it for 6 hrs a day. They still wants to charge all cost. Most motor don't spoil but what's the use when the fan don't give you the power ! KDK, never have any problem so far.

I'm using Z60WS and A56VK as it is really much more powerful. White color can go with most ceiling. The only disadvantage is without lighting.

Hi, so A56VK comes in white color? Thinking of getting that, but the site seems to show that it is silver/grey color, looking for a powerful white color fan.

Join 46,923 satisfied homeowners who used renotalk quotation service to find interior designers. Get an estimated quotation
Thanks! You made me feel so much better about myself :P

But good info for everyone else

haha, i also saw the $160 somewhere in this forum 1, so i called to ask. Good info must share mah. :D

I got my KDK fans from Malaysia(JB).

Well worth the price. Their 56" and 60" models very windy and have thermal sensor for auto speed regulation.

Also the most reliable brand.

where you got it?

how much is da 60" and da 56?

Hi,

Please PM me for KDK contacts and fanco also.. need to compare prices..

called everjoint in AMK and they quote 358$ for V56VK model without installation

yes bro thats what i meant. i just need switch to control lightings. and the fan i wish to be switched from remote/pull string. in other words, the fan does not have a switch on the wall. so i think thats possible right?

glasse i thought the on/off can be controlled from remote/pull string?

the on/off can be controlled by the remote control/pull string. But we need to supply electricity to the ceiling fan first, right? Without main power source, the motor will be not able to work. I am taking the experience with my room ceiling light, so may not be absolutely right. :sport-smiley-018:

maybe someone in the forum can advise? :D

Sorry if this is a noob question or hv been asked before, but how do you measure the size of the fan?

eg if the fan is 60", does that mean the blade length is 60 inches? That's like very big, right? :unsure:

I got this info. from Relite's webpage. Does it sound right to you all?

What ceiling fan size should I buy?

Following are the recommended sizes –

For rooms up to 21 sq m / 225 square feet (15' x 15'), use a fan with a blade span of 52", 56" or 60".

For rooms up to 13 sq m / 144 square feet (12' x 12') we recommend fans with blade spans of 44” or 48".

Smaller rooms up to 6 sq m / 64 square feet (8' x 8') should use a fan with a 36" blade span.

Ultimately, the right size fan for a room is not determined by the size of the room alone. You must also consider the furnishings in the room, ambient room temperature, how the walls and ceiling are treated, how high the ceiling is, as well as how much air you want to feel.

My living room is about 10 sqm which means that I shd buy only 48" fan, but looks to be small, leh. And not so many fans that I like come in tt size.

Also wooden vs aluminium blade - which gives stronger wind?

Appreciate any comments and advice! :)