Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios
Sign in to follow this  
Yang Guo

Move In Procedures (help~)

Join 46,923 satisfied homeowners who used renotalk quotation service to find interior designers. Get an estimated quotation
anyone can tell me what is the procedures for move in?

eg. 1) cook rice 2)boil water

what else do i need to take note of?

:notti:

ermm... i tell u what i did ok?

1) i got a mini stove-like thingy and burn charcoal until red red. then my ah lao rolled the pineapple in and shouted loud loud HUAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAATTTTTTTTTTT AHHHHHHHHHHHHHH. (he roll until sibei zhun siah... it actually went one straight line right to the 'zheng chai wei'. :sport-smiley-004:

2) when charcoal is ready, he carried it in. walk around the house. then into the kitchen.

3) we got stuff like rice bucket, rice, salt, sugar, vinegar, sauces. (think 5 types is enuff liao). also got fresh flowers. and a bundle of chopsticks. and 5 dufferent types of fruits. (actually whats with the 5 ah? me also not sure, juz follow what fsm told me.)

4) then open all your windows, run all taps, on the stove also. a while can oready. (my contractor didn't connect the stove for me, when i asked him he said connect liao. so me improvised and put the burning stove-like thingy on my stove instead. !!)

5) then boil some water and drink. some say make tea also can.

6) at night i cooked rice.

errmmm... i think thats about it! :dribble:

Edited by phoenix

ermm... i tell u what i did ok?

1) i got a mini stove-like thingy and burn charcoal until red red. then my ah lao rolled the pineapple in and shouted loud loud HUAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAATTTTTTTTTTT AHHHHHHHHHHHHHH. (he roll until sibei zhun siah... it actually went one straight line right to the 'zheng chai wei'. :sport-smiley-004:

2) when charcoal is ready, he carried it in. walk around the house. then into the kitchen.

3) we got stuff like rice bucket, rice, salt, sugar, vinegar, sauces. (think 5 types is enuff liao). also got fresh flowers. and a bundle of chopsticks.

4) then open all your windows, run all taps, on the stove also. a while can oready. (my contractor didn't connect the stove for me, when i asked him he said connect liao. so me improvised and put the burning stove-like thingy on my stove instead. !!)

5) then boil some water and drink. some say make tea also can.

6) at night i cooked rice.

errmmm... i think thats about it! :dribble:

waahh hehe this is what i am looking for..i heard that must roll pineapple etc de..heh yes yes! thanks for your help. :notti:

thats interesting leh.. btw what do u do for the salt,sugar vinegar and sauces? just display can already or must mix and eat abit?

chum..i duno how to get charcoal and burn it outside my hse :dribble:

waahh hehe this is what i am looking for..i heard that must roll pineapple etc de..heh yes yes! thanks for your help. :notti:

thats interesting leh.. btw what do u do for the salt,sugar vinegar and sauces? just display can already or must mix and eat abit?

chum..i duno how to get charcoal and burn it outside my hse !!

the kitchen stuff juz put in the kitchen can liao. when u eng then go arrange lor. kekeke.. no need to eat lah! i forgot to mention the wife suppose to be carrying these things hor. i mean the kitchen thingys.

u know got those shops that sell stuff like these...kitchen stuff, clothes pole, hangers... pots and pans blah blah... (dunno if u know what i'm referring to or not). the stove-like thingy only about 4 bucks niah. then charcoal i bot fr giant. remember to get some fire-starters. helps to burn it up faster.

oh ya, and do moving in procedures earlier better according to my MIL (no no do after sun set hor!). she said must be before 10am. so by 730am we both outside our house fanning the charcoal. think neighbours must be wondering this 2 siao ting dong doing simi early in the morning. :sport-smiley-004:

wondering this 2 siao ting dong doing simi early in the morning. :sport-smiley-004:

ha ha!! lol !!

i was also imagining if i burn charcoal outside, will pple mistaken how come so early bbq..my timing tmr is before 9am.. wow so i need to be there at 7am+ too

so excited abt tmr :notti:

ha ha!! lol :sport-smiley-004:

i was also imagining if i burn charcoal outside, will pple mistaken how come so early bbq..my timing tmr is before 9am.. wow so i need to be there at 7am+ too

so excited abt tmr :notti:

well, better to be early, coz the charcoal might take a while to really burn up. !!

is it only u and your wife staying in this house? if got other family members, remember that EVERYONE must carry something 'meaningful' in hor...no one to be empty handed.

Edited by phoenix

ohh need to carry something meaningful for the 1 round of touring the house or carry it till we leave the house? *scratching head*

ermm.. sorry, what do u mean by touring the house? u mean, u guys not staying in for the night?

remember that EVERYONE must carry something 'meaningful' in hor...no one to be empty handed

hmmm i mean must carry something for how long then can put down the things?

Yes, need to carry something like lots money$$$, new cloths, bank books and for children and for children, carry school bag.

Remember dont let any strangers follow you from behind!

oh ya, and do moving in procedures earlier better according to my MIL (no no do after sun set hor!). she said must be before 10am. so by 730am we both outside our house fanning the charcoal. think neighbours must be wondering this 2 siao ting dong doing simi early in the morning. :jawdrop:

sorry yang guo to tag on your thread.

1question, the move-in procedure to be done b4 10am:

does this include all your belongings tat's to be move from old place to new b4 10am or just only wat phoenix say above?

belongings can complete later in the day??

tia.

Edited by REDCRYSTAL

hmmm i mean must carry something for how long then can put down the things?

ohh... for the stove thingy carry walk around the hse 1 round, then to the kitchen n put down can liao. and for the other stuff juz walk in straight into the kitchen n put there lor.

keke.. no need to carry long long. !!

Yes, need to carry something like lots money$$$, new cloths, bank books and for children and for children, carry school bag.

Remember dont let any strangers follow you from behind!

yes, these are "meaningful" stuff lor.

yep, no stangers suppose to kaypo during your moving in day. depends on how pan-tang u are, moving in day procedure should only involved those who are living in the house. when u eat your first meal (the moving in day), it also cannot include other people. coz it is said, like this your wealth will be shared by those at the table. keke..

sorry yang guo to tag on your thread.

1question, the move-in procedure to be done b4 10am:

does this include all your belongings tat's to be move from old place to new b4 10am or just only wat phoenix say above?

belongings can complete later in the day??

tia.

i think belongings u can settle before or after is ok... for us we moved in our belongings a day before the actual move in day. we are not newly weds...so we moved the bed and boxes of clothes etc etc. i think newly weds must still do the 'an chuan' (settle the bed) but i'm not so sure how that is done (me forgot what we did back then liao).

i think not necessary to be before 10am. sometimes the fsm (if u engage one) will give u a 'good' timing. but most times early morning is good.

i think belongings u can settle before or after is ok... for us we moved in our belongings a day before the actual move in day. we are not newly weds...so we moved the bed and boxes of clothes etc etc. i think newly weds must still do the 'an chuan' (settle the bed) but i'm not so sure how that is done (me forgot what we did back then liao).

i think not necessary to be before 10am. sometimes the fsm (if u engage one) will give u a 'good' timing. but most times early morning is good.

Hi phoenix,

thanks for sharing.

:sport-smiley-018: