Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios
Sign in to follow this  
lasapienzals

Am I Being Cheated Regarding My False Ceiling Works?

Does anyone knows why isst when ppl say false ceiling is $2 - $2.50 psf,

and my false ceiling is 5ft x 5ft but my ID doesnt charge me $2.50 x (5x5) = $62.50

(btw, my false ceiling got 8 downlights, but installation of new lightpoints ($30 each) and labour to install lighting ($8 each). Both are seperate costs on the quotation, ntohing to do with false ceiling works, i assume)

my ID charges me $490 for a 5x5 ft false ceiling, sommore not painting my false ceiling for me!! WHY why why!!!! T_T :(

cos all the jobs requires different professionals to do it. thats why all separate charges.

Looking for good contractors? Click here for your request
cos all the jobs requires different professionals to do it. thats why all separate charges.

erm, i just want to know why all the ID can charge me ard $500 for my 25sqft false ceiling when a lot ppl in this forum telling us it is $2.50 psf. :rolleyes:

erm, i just want to know why all the ID can charge me ard $500 for my 25sqft false ceiling when a lot ppl in this forum telling us it is $2.50 psf. :rolleyes:

i guess $2.50psf only applies to an area that's more than 200sqft.. that's what an ID i went to told me.. i asked him the same questions too,..smaller than 200 sqft is lump sum charge. if they come and do just a 25sqft ceiling and charge you $62.50, how can they cover even their transport cost and labour, not even to mention material cost? And if the false ceiling comes with an upturn or light box, it's additional charge too.

i guess $2.50psf only applies to an area that's more than 200sqft.. And if the false ceiling comes with an upturn or light box, it's additional charge too...

yeah! maybe u r right man!!..

1 false ceiling

+ additional light points

+ installation of lights

+ cost of my downlights and cove-lightings

=S$1000.00 !!!

OMG :jawdrop: .. i might as well just buy a nice single light and fix it up :rolleyes: ...

yeah thanks for the reminder :yamseng: