Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios
Sign in to follow this  
Starscream

Cash Over Value (poll)

Join 46,923 satisfied homeowners who used renotalk quotation service to find interior designers. Get an estimated quotation
ding. bumping this up for year 2009....

so, has cov picked up?

and now....for the year 2010.

:D

anyone around?

COV has gone up I think. I paid 18k for an EA (after much bargaining). There are some sellers asking as high as 60-70k!

Edited by eby

i paid 39k. bargaining down frm 47k asking.

top floor 5I in jurong west right next to jurong point.

Granite/parquet flooring

i paid 39k. bargaining down frm 47k asking.

top floor 5I in jurong west right next to jurong point.

Granite/parquet flooring

Your house is at an excellent location and has amenties around it! :good:

Edited by forgotten

Some sellers are asking for 100K COV.

See this news: http://www.channelnewsasia.com/stories/sin...1031506/1/.html

This seller refused to sell their house although a buyer offered them 95K COV. :o

Forking out 100K Cash is definitely impossible for first-timer singaporean buyer like me.

Edited by forgotten

That's really criminal in my book. I suspect a lot of sellers not really that serious.

At AMK St 32, mid floor 5RM, I think blk 354 valued at 500+K. Dunno how true this is and COV askg according to agent is 80K. Die man like that. HDB sooo ex, condo don't say. It's unreal. Grandeur @AMK - 1200+ sqft asking for 880K? Cannot make it man like that.

I hear many ppl say "wow so exp for hdb, might as well buy condo" but these condos refer to those not so new n not so nice.

the one i stay just opp TBP is selling at 1.5million!

but a co-worker was very lucky, managed to get a freehold at near hillview at 660k :) (price of a 5rm TB resale)

I hear many ppl say "wow so exp for hdb, might as well buy condo" but these condos refer to those not so new n not so nice.

the one i stay just opp TBP is selling at 1.5million!

but a co-worker was very lucky, managed to get a freehold at near hillview at 660k :) (price of a 5rm TB resale)

condo is all about size and location. to get a condo at the same location as the hdb costing 40k COV. the condo is gonna cost almost than double the hdb price. for eg: the centris. its just opposite my 5rm in jurong west. (39k COV 423k val). a small 2 bedroom cost about 7-800k. 5% of that is about 40k but the balance 15% is gonna burst our CPF greatly and thus, need more cash in the end.

unless u go for projects that are further away and not as accessible, condo isn't much of a consideration.

condo is all about size and location. to get a condo at the same location as the hdb costing 40k COV. the condo is gonna cost almost than double the hdb price. for eg: the centris. its just opposite my 5rm in jurong west. (39k COV 423k val). a small 2 bedroom cost about 7-800k. 5% of that is about 40k but the balance 15% is gonna burst our CPF greatly and thus, need more cash in the end.

unless u go for projects that are further away and not as accessible, condo isn't much of a consideration.

That's true....we tot of moving to condo or EC....but we found that if they are more or less the same price as an EA, we will have to compromise on the location and the size...and to me, these are 2 important factors.

So, in the end....EA is the best option for us... :rolleyes:

Edited by eby

Somemore, that 2 bedroom unit is smaller than your 5 room unit. :P

Somemore, that 2 bedroom unit is smaller than your 5 room unit. :P

my ILs' 2 bedrm condo unit is bigger than my new 4rm :rolleyes: