Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios
Sign in to follow this  
Starscream

Cash Over Value (poll)

If near MRT still ok, cos super original condition leh, means reno must b v exp...

hmm not very near MRT leh..lolx but i think quite convenient as near to market, shops, kopishop lor..

most importantly, near work place :jawdrop:

is super original condition and been around getting quotes, roughly around 30-35K for reno wor..

for reno this amount consider high? cos doing quite a lot of things and hacking and such leh

Looking for good contractors? Click here for your request
hmm not very near MRT leh..lolx but i think quite convenient as near to market, shops, kopishop lor..

most importantly, near work place :bangwall:

is super original condition and been around getting quotes, roughly around 30-35K for reno wor..

for reno this amount consider high? cos doing quite a lot of things and hacking and such leh

Hmm..depending on wat u do...cos hacking will cost some amt, and carpentary is the killer part. Its the most expensive!

paid 3k cov for 5rm sembawang flat in April last year before property prices started climbing. 123 sqm, high floor, corner unit near sembawang NPCC. about 15mins walk to mrt. flat was rented out and in terrible condition. did major, full renvo for the flat.

I pay $5k COV for 5rm at sembawang too, thats last year Mar. 121 sqm, #13 floor, opposite MRT, 5min walk. Flat also quite run down, need to redo reno.

But my sister presently looking for a unit here too, people now asking for $30K - $50k COV at Sembawang!:(!?? I got a shock.... they think Sembawang is town area!!?? asking for too much!...

my friend got her hse right at bedok central 5 years ago. its those walk-up unit at the top flr. she paid $12k cov for the 3rm flat. but her flat was vy well renovated by previous owner with full air-con, ariston hob & hood, full kitchen wall tiles, full length of top and bottom cabinet, fully flr tiled for living rm, 2 bedrms, store rm, kitchen and 2 toilets. store rm also has a custom build 3 storey L-shaped rack, full casement windows for living rm, bedrms, kitchen with grilles. and all she did was a simple cleaning and she moved in as the previous owner had renovated around 3years before selling to her. its vy convenient for her. and she sold her flat for $40k cov for her unit. :(

when she told me, i almost fainted :(:bleah::(

I really cant grasp the 40k above and some even pay 100k above. Is that flat so valuable? I know most are from the en bloc private side... but for someone earning less than 8k a month, how to afford a 40k ang bao?

Just ranting lah.. 100k can do a lot of things like good reno, a degree, probably support the kid till secondary school.... go batam and live for quite a number of years...

initially i was looking for a unit in upper boon keng..

And went to view a 5rm in blk 13 , #12 (9yrs old) and is totally blocked by nearby blk, no wind..Granite flooring..reno is not designer type...

guess how much the owner asking?

:good:

S$120k COV!:rofl:!

siao!

1wk later, the agent called back that the owner reduced the COV to S$60k...

lol... nowadays owner reli anyhow quote COV...

of coz.. i din buy.. no wind and totally blocked.. i rather spend the $$ on en-bloc unit or others...

:P

initially i was looking for a unit in upper boon keng..

And went to view a 5rm in blk 13 , #12 (9yrs old) and is totally blocked by nearby blk, no wind..Granite flooring..reno is not designer type...

guess how much the owner asking?

zz

S$120k COV!:P!

siao!

1wk later, the agent called back that the owner reduced the COV to S$60k...

lol... nowadays owner reli anyhow quote COV...

of coz.. i din buy.. no wind and totally blocked.. i rather spend the $$ on en-bloc unit or others...

zz

hm... wonder why nowadays owners are so blinded by high COV without looking at the condition of their own flat. I was looking at an exec in Hougang, high floor(#16) and relatively new flat(8yrs). The owner actually ask for 90K COV. The agent still say can negotiate till 60K but i think i need to spent ard 60K on reno. They dont have built in wardrobe, no built in tv console, run down kitchen and worse still no aircon. And the agent still say that lots of couple are enquiring and ask us to act first before they put downpayment. Well, I told the agent that the price is already a turnoff before we can act further. zz

If the flat can sell at 90K COV, i think the agent must be some super pro conman.

Edited by tydy

Ho ho I sense the bubble will soon burst. It will be a buyers market then! I remember very clearly 6 months before the property market went crazy a seller was willing to pay me 8k to take over his unit within walkin distance to MRT! Imagine that! But he already committed to another flat so he had to sell it fast. If he had waited just a bit longer, people would have paid at least 20k COV for his flat.

i am buying over this 3 room en bloc flat in Clementi of purchase price of 252k. The compensation price by HDB is 191k. Valuation report will be out end of this week but i believe maximum is 200k based on current condition. So eventually i may be paying at least 5Ok COV.

In return i am guaranteed a new flat in Clementi at a 30k subsidy and at a price which is locked by HDB based on last yeat's SERS announcement date.. do your think this is a good deal?

Btw me and my fiance have decided to rent out the flat for next 3 yrs till our new flat is ready. And it seems like this is the only option for us to get a new flat in a relativley good location like Clementi and near to my parents liao.. what do u guys think? !!