Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios
Sign in to follow this  
hobbes187

Pull Door Or Sliding Door Glass Shower Screen

Hi guys,

I wanted to install a sliding door shower screen in my MBR toilet but am having second thoughts after speaking to some frens. They were saying it is more difficult to clean and fungus may grow in between the sliding and fixed panel.

So is a pull door screen better? My toilet is not very big and I'm worried it may make the whole place looks cramped. Its $100 cheaper than the sliding one though.

Join 46,923 satisfied homeowners who used renotalk quotation service to find interior designers. Get an estimated quotation
Hi guys,

I wanted to install a sliding door shower screen in my MBR toilet but am having second thoughts after speaking to some frens. They were saying it is more difficult to clean and fungus may grow in between the sliding and fixed panel.

So is a pull door screen better? My toilet is not very big and I'm worried it may make the whole place looks cramped. Its $100 cheaper than the sliding one though.

like u said, fixed panel door takes up space... For me, my MBR is fixed panel and common toilet is sliding. The main reason is the space needed for the fixed panel to swing out. For the common toilet, by fixing a fixed panel, it will knocked into the basin or the WC. So sliding doors are more practical. Furthermore, nowadays, the sliding door shower screen are pretty nice....

Hi hobbes...

I think pull door type is good cos' there wouldn't be sliding tracks for mould to grow...last time my hubby wanted sliding but after much consideration we decided on a pull door...

My MBR is also very small....we made the door such that it PUSHES into the shower area instead of pulling it out!! Maybe you can do the same too!! :curse:

hehe! i'm seriously considering to use PD Door - combination of sliding and 'push' effect. :bangwall:

find swing panels taking a tad of space in my lil bathroom and glass sliding (tracks at the bottom) may trap hair and stuff. hence, considering PD door!

Hi hobbes...

Your bathroom can't be any smaller than mine right? Hehe..yours is an EA while mine is a 4 room...if mine can yours should not be a problem...hehe.. :dunno:

Well...I love the look of glass shower screens...very classy! But must get at least 10mm tempered glass type...so that it is thick enough...don't compromise on a cheaper quote cos' they may give you thinner glass...

For my other bathroom which is REALLY too small for a shower screen...we DIY a shower curtain area from IKEA....looks quite nice too...

!!

Hmm... I also having the same considerations.

Best is to do a open-door type with door that pushed into the shower area like Cheekybee had done.

hehe! i'm seriously considering to use PD Door - combination of sliding and 'push' effect. :yamseng:

find swing panels taking a tad of space in my lil bathroom and glass sliding (tracks at the bottom) may trap hair and stuff. hence, considering PD door!

are there PD doors that can be used as shower screen?

im interested to know as i find tat PD doors seems quite good..

are there PD doors that can be used as shower screen?

im interested to know as i find tat PD doors seems quite good..

hi gingerbelle, yes there r PD doors for shower screens! You can actually make a trip to their showroom at Balestier to see the real thing. Think dat will help u make ur decision! :notti:

hi gingerbelle, yes there r PD doors for shower screens! You can actually make a trip to their showroom at Balestier to see the real thing. Think dat will help u make ur decision! :notti:

alrite, thks!

Edited by gingerbelle

hi, just saw this topic. i have 2 toilets, 1 at MBR and 1 common toilet.

we have install a swing glass shower screen at MBR coz dun want to let other area of the toilet to get too wet. the door can swing both way. but no problem if you have a smaller toilet, opt for a smaller panel and open into the shower area. you just have to study abit and adjust where you going to put your toilet acceories (eg. the rack for putting shampoos, etc.)

as for common toilet, i dun want any shower screen so that i can have a bigger space. reason being that can use for washing clothes where you need to put pails, shower baby where you need to put bath tub, can lie there and have shower massage etc. :sport-smiley-004:

but of course no matter what type of shower screens material / made, have or dun have shower screens, there will be fungus / mold growing in toilet but sliding type can trap more dirt, fungus & molds and difficult to clean it.

hi, just saw this topic. i have 2 toilets, 1 at MBR and 1 common toilet.

we have install a swing glass shower screen at MBR coz dun want to let other area of the toilet to get too wet. the door can swing both way. but no problem if you have a smaller toilet, opt for a smaller panel and open into the shower area. you just have to study abit and adjust where you going to put your toilet acceories (eg. the rack for putting shampoos, etc.)

as for common toilet, i dun want any shower screen so that i can have a bigger space. reason being that can use for washing clothes where you need to put pails, shower baby where you need to put bath tub, can lie there and have shower massage etc. :sport-smiley-004:

but of course no matter what type of shower screens material / made, have or dun have shower screens, there will be fungus / mold growing in toilet but sliding type can trap more dirt, fungus & molds and difficult to clean it.

Thanks for the reply. I have already decided on swing glass door for the MBR shower screen and ikea curtain for common toilet. Also I installed KDK ventilation fans in both toilets to prevent excessive mold growth...