Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios
Sign in to follow this  
skyy

Final Inspection Before 2nd Appointment!

Hi all,

I am having my 2nd appointment with HDB on the 15th or april. Will be arranging for a final inspection of the house before that date. What are the things that i should look out for? If any defects what should i do?

Thanks!

Join 46,923 satisfied homeowners who used renotalk quotation service to find interior designers. Get an estimated quotation

As the flat will be empty, look up for any major cracks on the walls, big holes on the floor, all the electrical lighting points are working (by switching on all the lights one by one), for those build-in stuff eg. instant water heater, test if it is working. Check to see if all the windows glasses are working fine by opening and closing them. All the keys to your window grills and bedroom doors are in tact by locking and unlocking them. That's all I can think of at the moment. Anyone has more to add on?

For defects, if you are taking loan from HDB, report to the officer handling your transaction. For loan from the bank, you will be assigned with a private lawyer, report all defects to him/her.

Check the ceilings and corners for tell-tale signs of water leakage:

1. 'Bubbles' in the paintwork,

2. Paintwork peeling off,

3. Wavy brown stains that forms a circle, and/or

4. Dampness on the ceiling or some crystallised water droplets.

Hi..

Thanks for listing the items down. Its a great help.

If there is any defects such as electrial points not working or window grill lose then we report to the HDB officer? what action will be taken? Do we need to bear the cost?

Thanks!

i also need to know what are the things to look out during the final inspection.....cos my 2nd appt is scheduled on 14th May,...thus will be doing the inspection when nearer to the date.

Will be doing a list to take note and bring it along...keke :notti:

I had my final inspection on my resale flat and discover a crack on my parquet flooring. Can I ask them to replace? Or is too late?

hi every1, i juz bought a resale 5 room, and intend to do up the entire place including toilets. so if the shower screen door is spoilt (whole door came off, as seen during my viewing of the flat) for the common toilet, should i ask the owner to replace it?

since i would be doing up the whole place, what is the important thing(s) to look out for before 2nd appointment?

As long as you have not taken ownership of the house, you can request anything you like, eg change the cracked floorboard & spoil shower screen door. Else, tell the seller to lower his COV cos you need to pay extra to fix his problem.

As for the important things to note, scroll up to earlier postings, you will find them :lol:

As long as you have not taken ownership of the house, you can request anything you like, eg change the cracked floorboard & spoil shower screen door. Else, tell the seller to lower his COV cos you need to pay extra to fix his problem.

serious bo? :o

i always tot the final inspection b4 handover is a formality as home owners buy the house in the 'as-in' condition

If you are willing to accept the house in its "as-in" condition, you are not nasty enough :lol:

Many issues can be negotiated between seller, agent & buyer, as long as the buyer has not paid up the $$.

hi it is bought as a 'as-in' condition.

it's stated very clearly in the HDB's option to purchase form too.

u cant really request owner to fix up all the defects for you as its an old hse (hence resale) not new hse so u must be willing to accept its present condition before placing your deposit in the 1st place.

from what i know the final inspection is merely a formality...

and since final inspection is done before 2nd appt, all your monies would have been paid up..

i checked with hdb before we got our resale flat, hdb's reply is the same as stated in their otp.. buy in 'as-in' condition.

A case of willing buyers willing sellers, so hdb's advice is to accept the condition as it is BEFORE placing any deposit.

u have no recourse to request sellers to do repairs for u as even hdb also wun side u. ;)