Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios
Sign in to follow this  
jjcian

Reno Memories Of Our New Home

After procrastinating for a loooong time, finally set out to hang up the string curtains that we brought 3 months ago… as we do not want a fixture in the WIW for the string curtains, the only way to put it up was to get those kind of rod where you can turn and extend its length (similar to the metal pole used for hanging clothes).. yesterday finally managed to find such a rod in IMM Daiso, and it’s really a great bargain @ $2 only… went home and got to work and here is the final product :notti:

f_DSC00584m_53ff61c.jpg

Wanted to take more pics but the camera died on me just when i wanted to take another shot, will take more pics to share later... :sport-smiley-004:

Looking for good contractors? Click here for your request

very nice string curtains :wub: :wub:

where did you get it?

those i saw usually the strings very sparse :bleah:

Edited by applefreak

very nice string curtains :wub: :wub:

where did you get it?

those i saw usually the strings very sparse :bleah:

thanks thanks, got it previously when Barang Barang was having sales :D

wow tat's fast.. change in plan huh :notti: so nex time can we juz pop by? hee..

i'm eagerly waitin to shift in too haa.

haiz.. i dun tink hdb wil do anythin abt it.. especially after the reno. hmm plastering wil help to solve this prob? cos my mum's place they did plastering.. also have cracks appearin after a few mths :unsure:

Hi, my unit also got cracks. U can ask BSC to patch up for u, but will be very dusty, cos they will dig a small drain at the crack and later plaster it. After plastering, they need to come back another day to sand it smooth. Anyway, after doing it for 1mth only, the same crack resurface again. :bangwall: I will let it be like tat, no use no matter how u plaster it. :dunno:

Hi, my unit also got cracks. U can ask BSC to patch up for u, but will be very dusty, cos they will dig a small drain at the crack and later plaster it. After plastering, they need to come back another day to sand it smooth. Anyway, after doing it for 1mth only, the same crack resurface again. :bangwall: I will let it be like tat, no use no matter how u plaster it. :dunno:

oh right... back to the cracks... we did the 'plastering' ourselves (helped myself to the leftover putty from ID) and covered up the cracks... although not a pro job but at least can't see the cracks for now... ID has informed me that sooner or later, the cracks will appear again cos he has got lots of such 'complaints' before also (its a common problem for HDB flats)... bo bian lo... if the cracks appear again, think just gotta live with it le lo :curse:

oh right... back to the cracks... we did the 'plastering' ourselves (helped myself to the leftover putty from ID) and covered up the cracks... although not a pro job but at least can't see the cracks for now... ID has informed me that sooner or later, the cracks will appear again cos he has got lots of such 'complaints' before also (its a common problem for HDB flats)... bo bian lo... if the cracks appear again, think just gotta live with it le lo :curse:

I also have problem with my feature wall Backing. Think after all, i had a lesson. further nor matter how nice or beautiful it is. Should not do any feature wall, if wanted really need conceal or cover with laminte. :bangwall::furious::bangwall:

Edited by popeye gal

I also have problem with my feature wall Backing. Think after all, i had a lesson. further nor matter how nice or beautiful it is. Should not do any feature wall, if wanted really need conceal or cover with laminte. :bangwall::furious::bangwall:

ooh... what's wrong with your feature wall? care to share :unsure:

ooh... what's wrong with your feature wall? care to share :unsure:

My TV Feature wall in front is laminate but the Backing was using two board with paint finish. you can view my 3D drawing. The crack was at the joint part of the board. Think your master bedrm that wall or partition that have crack line. think using the same way to built.

they use the Plaster to touch up but the crack resurface ne.. :furious:

Nw they slowly take their sweet time to touch up the carpentry defect 8| , We next mth then move in.

My TV Feature wall in front is laminate but the Backing was using two board with paint finish. you can view my 3D drawing. The crack was at the joint part of the board. Think your master bedrm that wall or partition that have crack line. think using the same way to built.

they use the Plaster to touch up but the crack resurface ne.. :furious:

Nw they slowly take their sweet time to touch up the carpentry defect 8| , We next mth then move in.

i see... ya, i had a crack line between the fake wall erected by ID and the actual wall from HDB.. though it can be 'plastered' & 'concealed' but think over time, the crack will appear again... for now, we just gotta ask the after-sales service to mend it lo... :(

ooh.. u shifting in next month, meaning another week to go la? hahah... must be looking forward right? :)

Edited by jjcian

i see... ya, i had a crack line between the fake wall erected by ID and the actual wall from HDB.. though it can be 'plastered' & 'concealed' but think over time, the crack will appear again... for now, we just gotta ask the after-sales service to mend it lo... :(

ooh.. u shifting in next month, meaning another week to go la? hahah... must be looking forward right? :)

Nw still headache with the renovation things.. my HB just when up to spot check..

Can you image, Temper glass Backing was "black" and grantie top was "black galary" which is at kitchen.

They Use White Silicon for the edging? Faint :curse:

Call him(so call ID), should use black silicon to cover the edging what. i confront him.

ID said: is they standard of doing.

I said : like that your standard is like low like that lah.

ID said: Our standard too high.

Endless story........

I demand him to change to black silicon. Think can fool me, that there's no black silicon. :furious:

Still have other some touch-up. So headache.. i would held back the outstanding amount.

Nw still headache with the renovation things.. my HB just when up to spot check..

Can you image, Temper glass Backing was "black" and grantie top was "black galary" which is at kitchen.

They Use White Silicon for the edging? Faint :curse:

Call him(so call ID), should use black silicon to cover the edging what. i confront him.

ID said: is they standard of doing.

I said : like that your standard is like low like that lah.

ID said: Our standard too high.

Endless story........

I demand him to change to black silicon. Think can fool me, that there's no black silicon. :furious:

Still have other some touch-up. So headache.. i would held back the outstanding amount.

:jawdrop: sure or not, maybe you can tell him that you have a blog at RT and say you'll be posting his comments here, like tat think he will be more anxious!!!

this type of ID need to be 8|

hi popeye gal,

long time no see and no updates at ur t blog...looks like u are busy with the renovation...

I have also chosen grey granite top and my ID will be using dark colour silicon to seal the edges...

I think you have to hold back the payment and demand them to redo for you...

My ID said the silicon can be in black, grey or even transparent...

I think you can ask them to use the dark colour and go over the existing white....

Hope you can solve the problem asap...

Edited by crazygirl48

:jawdrop: sure or not, maybe you can tell him that you have a blog at RT and say you'll be posting his comments here, like tat think he will be more anxious!!!

this type of ID need to be 8|

Sign....... :curse: