Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios
Sign in to follow this  
jjcian

Reno Memories Of Our New Home

Join 46,923 satisfied homeowners who used renotalk quotation service to find interior designers. Get an estimated quotation

Very sad cos we discovered that our walls are starting to crack... :(

Anyone else has got this problem too, we are suspecting that it could be due to the aircrafts flying as we read somewhere that this has happened to others staying in JW too :bangwall:

f_7m_87b7d1b.jpg

f_8m_0c9f0e1.jpg

f_9m_bab7069.jpg

hello jjcian,

hee long time no "talk".. been readin thru ur blog. great progress there and u guys stayin there permanently already? hee..

juz now i brought up the hairline crack prob to my painter..he mentioned tat due to the movements in the walls, bound to have cracks.. need some time for it to "settle down". but i told him the flats already been built for like 5-7 yrs lor. then i asked if let's say 6 mths down the rd this happens, can get them to come back to fix? he told me gota speak to id.. paintin they dun give warranty for such a long time :dunno: cos my mum's place she oso havin this prob.. :( have u feedback to ur id yet?

Hmm that is funny. I haven't noticed any hairline crack on my walls yet. Got to examine further in the daytime later then. If don't have, its either that the paint has covered it up with the possibility that hairlines have shown up or there's no hairline but the plastering?

But Shutiao06 is right in a sense that the flats have been around for 5-7 years. If its due to movements within the walls, we would have seen a hairline crack here and there during defects checking. Currently the remaining rooms at my place are not even painted yet, the workers plastered it up obviously before handover when we due to get keys.

bro, now i see what u write, i go made a check and discovered that there are 3 long crack at each side of the wall of my study room...

sad panda~ :(

hello..

can someone help me pls? does anyone know whether the 5-rm flats at jurong west st 64 have floorings already? i'm so confused cos first time balloting for flats. really appreciate if someone can tell me what the flats come with.. thanks in advance!!!

hello jjcian,

hee long time no "talk".. been readin thru ur blog. great progress there and u guys stayin there permanently already? hee..

juz now i brought up the hairline crack prob to my painter..he mentioned tat due to the movements in the walls, bound to have cracks.. need some time for it to "settle down". but i told him the flats already been built for like 5-7 yrs lor. then i asked if let's say 6 mths down the rd this happens, can get them to come back to fix? he told me gota speak to id.. paintin they dun give warranty for such a long time :dunno: cos my mum's place she oso havin this prob.. :( have u feedback to ur id yet?

hi shutiao,

yup, staying at new place already :D

checked with ID and he mentioned that cracks appear commonly in HDB flats :bangwall:

gotta check with HDB and see if they are willing to resolve it lo (which he mentioned that they usually wont) :furious:

Hmm that is funny. I haven't noticed any hairline crack on my walls yet. Got to examine further in the daytime later then. If don't have, its either that the paint has covered it up with the possibility that hairlines have shown up or there's no hairline but the plastering?

But Shutiao06 is right in a sense that the flats have been around for 5-7 years. If its due to movements within the walls, we would have seen a hairline crack here and there during defects checking. Currently the remaining rooms at my place are not even painted yet, the workers plastered it up obviously before handover when we due to get keys.

My walls are not plastered (cos ID will charge additional) so we only paint over the walls... think maybe got to plaster ourselves if HDB is not willing to do anything :(

bro, now i see what u write, i go made a check and discovered that there are 3 long crack at each side of the wall of my study room...

sad panda~ :(

same fate man... how? u gonna plaster it yourself? :bangwall:

Edited by jjcian

hello..

can someone help me pls? does anyone know whether the 5-rm flats at jurong west st 64 have floorings already? i'm so confused cos first time balloting for flats. really appreciate if someone can tell me what the flats come with.. thanks in advance!!!

hi there,

yup, the 5rm flats (premium flats) in JW st64 comes with flooring... :)

Jalan Membina units also have crackline.

Mine too...

another tong2 min4 xiang1 lian2 de... :bangwall:

Checked the rooms, can't see any obvious signs of hairline crack although my hubby say he saw a few small ones. Living room has 1 hairline crack below the DB box. HDB flats are unevenly plastered when it comes to patching up work ma. Bo pian also.

My walls are not plastered (cos ID will charge additional) so we only paint over the walls... think maybe got to plaster ourselves if HDB is not willing to do anything :(

hi shutiao,

yup, staying at new place already :D

checked with ID and he mentioned that cracks appear commonly in HDB flats :bangwall:

gotta check with HDB and see if they are willing to resolve it lo (which he mentioned that they usually wont) :furious:

wow tat's fast.. change in plan huh :notti: so nex time can we juz pop by? hee..

i'm eagerly waitin to shift in too haa.

haiz.. i dun tink hdb wil do anythin abt it.. especially after the reno. hmm plastering wil help to solve this prob? cos my mum's place they did plastering.. also have cracks appearin after a few mths :unsure:

Checked the rooms, can't see any obvious signs of hairline crack although my hubby say he saw a few small ones. Living room has 1 hairline crack below the DB box. HDB flats are unevenly plastered when it comes to patching up work ma. Bo pian also.

Very true :furious:

My LR concealed electri wiring now looks odd cos the plastering is very smooth whereas the HDB wall is very uneven, haiz... :bangwall:

wow tat's fast.. change in plan huh :notti: so nex time can we juz pop by? hee..

i'm eagerly waitin to shift in too haa.

haiz.. i dun tink hdb wil do anythin abt it.. especially after the reno. hmm plastering wil help to solve this prob? cos my mum's place they did plastering.. also have cracks appearin after a few mths :unsure:

yeah.. changed in plan, haha... :P

sure, pop by anytime lo, much still very messy cos still in the midst of unpacking.. BTW, saw u at IMM last night, we're having dinner at the cafe outside Daiso :D

really? sian man... do i have to live the cracks appearing on the wall then :furious:

yeah.. changed in plan, haha... :P

sure, pop by anytime lo, much still very messy cos still in the midst of unpacking.. BTW, saw u at IMM last night, we're having dinner at the cafe outside Daiso :D

really? sian man... do i have to live the cracks appearing on the wall then :furious:

hee.. love nest too attractive to delay movin in rite :notti:

i'm reali lookin fwd to tat too :sport-smiley-004:

haha.. we were there to make full paymt for aircon since they comin to install yday. din cal out to us? hee :P

hmm hopefully not. i tink shld b able to solve the prob one..dun make sense to have the cracks keep appearing.

Hi jjcian,

I go through all your house information. It's very nice. I like it. :dancingqueen:

Actually, I have got the exact same layout as you. My block is 677C, beside your block. I will collect the key about August. Now I am looking for ID. Could you please give me your ID information and quotation? Is it possilbe to take a look your house? Thanks a lot. My email is kingisland@gmail.com. :bow:

hee.. love nest too attractive to delay movin in rite :notti:

i'm reali lookin fwd to tat too :sport-smiley-004:

haha.. we were there to make full paymt for aircon since they comin to install yday. din cal out to us? hee :P

hmm hopefully not. i tink shld b able to solve the prob one..dun make sense to have the cracks keep appearing.

heehee.. ya :P

yr time will come soon also la, be patient, good things are worth waiting for :D

icic.. no la, the cafe quite crowded lo and you guys are quite far away, so didnt call u... ;)

as for the cracks, see what I can do lo, haiz... :dunno: