Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios
Sign in to follow this  
mattmatt

Where To Get Orchard Mrt Style Black Tiles?

first n foremost, this forum is truly wonderful. been reading the old post n feel so inspired.

hope some of u can help

just got a 5A unit at woodlands, 128 sq m. living alone.

thinking of using black tiles for living room, maybe even toilet n kitchen. stripping timber for bedrooms. the theme will be simple, minimalist, modern, clean cut lines.

i love the tiles at orchard mrt stn. anyone using that? where can i get it?

thank you very much.

Looking for good contractors? Click here for your request
first n foremost, this forum is truly wonderful. been reading the old post n feel so inspired.

hope some of u can help

thinking of using black tiles for living room, maybe even toilet n kitchen. stripping timber for bedrooms. the theme will be simple, minimalist, modern, clean cut lines.

thank you very much.

y use everything black? so dark...

Yes, werdna is right; black tiles will make ur house look really dark. You will have to switch on your lights all the time and waste electricity.

I know, because I also "bu pai shi" and went ahead to choose dark grey tiles for my kitchen, stain my parquet black with dark laminate for the WIW. Now quite regret, somemore my WIW is using halogen lights so stand in there for awhile will start to sweat if aircon is not on.

Unless u just want to use the dark tiles sparingly like in certain areas then should be ok...

hope some of u can help

thank you very much.

I do not know what tiles orchard mrt use, but my house living rm tiles is black in color.

f_27052008m_008ad48.jpg

hope some of u can help

thank you very much.

hihi....

thos tiles in Orchard MRT are imported high quality MARBLES!!, NOT tiles..

will cost u a BOMB!! :deal:

i m a ex-SMRT staff :)

hihi....

thos tiles in Orchard MRT are imported high quality MARBLES!!, NOT tiles..

will cost u a BOMB!! :deal:

i m a ex-SMRT staff :)

lots of pple here can afford bombs 24.gif

excluding me of cos.

Those tiles are not marble. They are granite - type blue pearl. I am using them for my living room.

Actually it is not dark cos we have an open (no windows) balcony at one end of our living room. The tiles actually bounce incoming light from the balcony to brighten up the house. It acts like a mirror.

At night, our living room sparkles (due to the light blue/grey/white structures in the granite bouncing off the light) when we switched on our downlights.

It costed us $20k five years ago. That was the cheapest we can get.. after going from one renovation company to another and asking for the granite flooring quote alone.

We never regret it. Actually proud of it as it always become a talking point when we have visitors.

Quite scratch resistant and hard wearing. Since it is black, you can't really the scratches. I have 4 boys at home and the way boys play.........