Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios
Sign in to follow this  
hobbes187

Where To Get Nice Switches?

According to ppl here, Legrand not very exp. Anyway I think I will get the switches myself just to be sure the design is right. Then ask the ID to fix up for me. Not sure how much that will cost though.

Join 46,923 satisfied homeowners who used renotalk quotation service to find interior designers. Get an estimated quotation

Choo Chiang sells legrand, clipsal, hager and quite a few other brands also. Look around and get from Choo Chiang. We got ours from them and get ID to install, can save quite a bit. Was told by Choo Chiang stuff a lot of contractors get from them also.

My electrician quote me something like $4+ for 2 gang, but done know what brand, most likely is Legrand.

If it includes fixing for you than not so bad, but if it exclude fixing charges than might as well get it from choo chiang yourself.

I asked for Legrand ones and Steven went :D

I cant remember what they use for default. But Steven said will be using Hager for mine. Heard abt this brand before, but can't google much info abt it... :D

The price difference between Hager and Legrande is actually quite minimal. I use Hager for my previous house and switch to Legrande for my current house to change the look. My wife actually prefer Hager but I am quite satisfied with the Legrande ones.

Not that difficult, I installed my own light switches. Water heater switches are a bit more confusing.

is it as simple as just removing the existing wall switch and then rewiring it to the newly bought switch? will it damage the wall paint or anything?

According to ppl here, Legrand not very exp. Anyway I think I will get the switches myself just to be sure the design is right. Then ask the ID to fix up for me. Not sure how much that will cost though.

Hmm... actually i had asked Steven abt us buying the switches and then they fix. He was saying not much difference in prices. Just let them do bah. Just tt I dunno how the rocker switches for Hager looks like... Is anyone using Hager's rocker switches here and can help me take a pic? :dribble:

is it as simple as just removing the existing wall switch and then rewiring it to the newly bought switch? will it damage the wall paint or anything?

On 2nd tot, its not so simple coz it will damage the silicon seal around the switch plate. I did it before the painters came back to touch up. Took out old one, connect the wire, install back, and use silicon to fill up the gap (used this thing call 'No More Gap'). The painter came back and did all the touch up although I could have done it myself. So unless you enjoy DIY, you may not like the idea of doing it yourself.