Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios
Sign in to follow this  
hobbes187

Where To Get Nice Switches?

Hi all,

where can I get nice switches? Are there more popular brands that are used? Kindly let me know where to buy them too. I am trying to see if I should change the sitches at my place. :bangwall:

Join 46,923 satisfied homeowners who used renotalk quotation service to find interior designers. Get an estimated quotation

You can try Choo Chiang, just do a Google search on their branches.

I am using Legrand switch in my flat, nice design and quite popular, worth to consider :)

Wah, nowadays clipsal has very nice design switches leh, looks like Legrand brand. Hmm... didn't know that, but I wonder what the price is like.

Anyone used these new design switches? How is the price like compare to Legrand's rocker switches?

How is the installation of the switches? Easy? I planning to DIY if my ID is charging me sky high price for it.

Not sure about DIY but I plan to replace all my switches and sockets to Legrand ones. I got the electrical price list from Max but I think the prices are inclusive of new switches. If you manage to find out how much it will cost if we supply our own switches, do PM me! If I find out I'll let u know also :P

How is the installation of the switches? Easy? I planning to DIY if my ID is charging me sky high price for it.

Not that difficult, I installed my own light switches. Water heater switches are a bit more confusing.

Replace switches very easy lah :notti:

Electrician only give those standard switches.

If you want designer switches then must buy yourself.

Replace switches very easy lah :notti:

Electrician only give those standard switches.

If you want designer switches then must buy yourself.

My ID is quoting those Legrand one... so should be ok bah.

Not sure about DIY but I plan to replace all my switches and sockets to Legrand ones. I got the electrical price list from Max but I think the prices are inclusive of new switches. If you manage to find out how much it will cost if we supply our own switches, do PM me! If I find out I'll let u know also :rofl:

Let me know if you have the cost! :(

Let me know if you have the cost! :notti:

Legrand ones are relatively cheap. Just got them from Choo Chiang, only cost few dollars each depending on how many gang. Bought about 11 switches total cost less than $50.

Legrand, Clipsal and ABB also got those standard switches.

If your ID show you the Legrand designer switches then should be ok.

Otherwise you wont know which type that ID will give you.

Yes, Legrand switches cheaper.

Clipsal more expensive.

My electrician quote me something like $4+ for 2 gang, but done know what brand, most likely is Legrand.

Legrand ones are relatively cheap. Just got them from Choo Chiang, only cost few dollars each depending on how many gang. Bought about 11 switches total cost less than $50.

Oh, I think each Clipsal switch - the one with the small blue light - is about S$30 each. Hope this helps! We're thinking of just buying them and getting our ID to fix it for us.

Let me know if you have the cost! :P

So the idealhouse electrical pricelist includes Legrand ones or did u specifically ask for it?

I asked for Legrand ones and Steven went :D

I cant remember what they use for default. But Steven said will be using Hager for mine. Heard abt this brand before, but can't google much info abt it... :D