Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios
Sign in to follow this  
NiVleK

Simmons Arlington Plush

Today went walking around the Sungei Kadut area and walk into the ackerman & smith store selling Simmons Mattress only. After looking around a while and hearing that they say today is the last day before they increase the retail price.

We were attended by this guy called Jim Loh and he showed us a few mattrees and convinced me to buy this mattress called Simmons Arlington Plush or they call it the Simmons Special Edition. I was convinced by his sales talk and requested to add in 4 pillows, mattress protector and a bolster which he agreed.

Returning home, I did a search on Simmons website and found that there is no such model?:)?!?

Is Ackerman cheating us? I already paid 50% deposit... :(:help::help:

Anyone know what the heck this model is?!?!? Is Ackerman a reliable place????

Looking for good contractors? Click here for your request

Simmons (in fact, the 3 big S) have a practice of naming their mattresses in the Simmons showroom and those at their reasaler (like Ackerman) differently. I think they dont want you to compare prices between the resalers and the boutiques. Thus you will not find the model on the simmons website.

However, what I am curious about is that I went to Ackerman last sunday and the sales person told me the Arlington Plush was at a special promotion that was ending on THAT day and pressured me to make a deposit. I was so pissed cos she kept running down serta and sealy so I left.

So apparently everyday is the last day of promotion?

I have since learnt, from all the research, that when they say promotion, you can go back and they'd still sell you the same price. That's why it is important to do your research, go back many times (if they want your business, they'd entertain you) and only purchase when you've really researched everything you can and is 90% sure that it's a good deal.

That's a personal experience. And yes, it is indeed very tiring.

Today went walking around the Sungei Kadut area and walk into the ackerman & smith store selling Simmons Mattress only. After looking around a while and hearing that they say today is the last day before they increase the retail price.

We were attended by this guy called Jim Loh and he showed us a few mattrees and convinced me to buy this mattress called Simmons Arlington Plush or they call it the Simmons Special Edition. I was convinced by his sales talk and requested to add in 4 pillows, mattress protector and a bolster which he agreed.

Returning home, I did a search on Simmons website and found that there is no such model?:dribble:?!?

Is Ackerman cheating us? I already paid 50% deposit... :(:help::help:

Anyone know what the heck this model is?!?!? Is Ackerman a reliable place????

How much is the mattress after GST?

Simmons (in fact, the 3 big S) have a practice of naming their mattresses in the Simmons showroom and those at their reasaler (like Ackerman) differently. I think they dont want you to compare prices between the resalers and the boutiques. Thus you will not find the model on the simmons website.

However, what I am curious about is that I went to Ackerman last sunday and the sales person told me the Arlington Plush was at a special promotion that was ending on THAT day and pressured me to make a deposit. I was so pissed cos she kept running down serta and sealy so I left.

Well, for one thing sure, he shown me a price list for 2007 and the supposedly price list for 2008 and the revised date is 21st April 2008, which happens to be tomorrow. He even guaranteed that the price will increase throughout Singapore for all Simmons model.

Now I just keep my fingers crossed that the bed I paid for will be worth the $2K+.

This is one big foolish thing I did today. :help: Everything I bought so far are under tight review and research, this is the first big purchase I have done zero research on and just put my money on it.

Lesson learnt. :dribble:

I have since learnt, from all the research, that when they say promotion, you can go back and they'd still sell you the same price. That's why it is important to do your research, go back many times (if they want your business, they'd entertain you) and only purchase when you've really researched everything you can and is 90% sure that it's a good deal.

That's a personal experience. And yes, it is indeed very tiring.

Yeah. I have been doing that for pretty much everything above $300 but not this time.

I somehow still felt cheated.

Is Arlington Plush an OEM model?? Made in Korea????

Edited by NiVleK

Well, for one thing sure, he shown me a price list for 2007 and the supposedly price list for 2008 and the revised date is 21st April 2008, which happens to be tomorrow. He even guaranteed that the price will increase throughout Singapore for all Simmons model.

Well, I'm not so sure about this. With the great singapore sale coming up in may, I'm sure simmons and the other 2 S will be giving additional discounts plus more freebies. But since you already ordered, you might as well just enjoy it and not think about it so much. Maybe u can exchange the deposit for some other furnitures they have there like bedframe, sofa or coffee tables?

For me, I'll be getting my mattress from Serta boutique. Just waiting for GSS now... Actually you can bargain for better prices at the boutique shops also, they're not fixed price.

In any case, being the person I am, I wrote to Simmons Singapore to enquire about the product and the authenticity of the mattress.

Here is the reply:

"Dear Mr XXXXX

Thank you for your support in Simmons products.

With regard to your query on the authenticity of Beautyrest Arlington Plush Non-flip mattress, I would like to take this opportunity to reassure you that the mattress bought from Simmons Authorised Dealer - Ackerman & Smith, is indeed from Simmons. This mattress is an exclusive model for Ackerman & Smith and is fully imported from Simmons Korea. At this moment, only selected mattress models are featured on Simmons website.

Once again, thank you for the discerning choice. Please do not hesitate to contact us if you have further query.

Regards,

Preston Yu

Customer Service

Simmons (SEA) Pte Ltd

I have the same mattress as well, is sleeping on it for the past few days, got it last yr in Nov, we only have 2 pillows n a mattress protector.....

So where's the best place to get a good deal on Simmons mattresses.

Better to buy from Robinsons, Ackerman or from Simmons Gallery?

Edited by l_club23

I bought mine from robinson city hall , very knowledge stuff , if you want some good offers go look for this sales lady call lilian , and tell her gerald from ERA recommend , pretty sure she can ofer you guys something and you know it aunthetic cheers guys , I bought the backcare 4 btw :notti:

So where's the best place to get a good deal on Simmons mattresses.

Better to buy from Robinsons, Ackerman or from Simmons Gallery?

I bought mine from robinson city hall , very knowledge stuff , if you want some good offers go look for this sales lady call lilian , and tell her gerald from ERA recommend , pretty sure she can ofer you guys something and you know it aunthetic cheers guys , I bought the backcare 4 btw :notti:

I agreed with Gerald.

Just to share my experience.

I have bought my backcare then in Jan 08 this yr when Robinson was having a sale. In fact that day when I was at Robinson , I went there just to check out on the available models and discount with no intention of buying the mattress because my place will only be ready in Jul 08. Lilian attended to me and walkthrough with me all on the models despite acknowledging my intention of just window shopping.

I was convinced by her that backcare 4 ( apparently the latest and premium model) was due for a price adjustment and that I could place a deposit first and locked in the @ the promotinal price despite the far delivery date. She even guaranteed me that there is a cheaper price in future (before my delivery) than the promotional offer I am getting, I will be given the refund of the differences. (Apparently, this is policy that Robinson will promise their clients)

Subsquently, I went back again to buy some bedsheets during the Robinson sale in May, last month. It turned out that the model , that I have placed my deposit on but have not fully paid or taken delivery, was 30% more expensive than what orginal paid 4months back. And this was comparing against the price after the discount for this Robinson May sale . The usual price right now is almost 40% higher than what i initially bought it at.

Overall, it was a pleasant experience that I have had at Robinson as I picked up a few good quality bedsheets and comforter with the help of another sales assistance.

I must confess that I am quite a fussy customer who is very particular about service because I am also in a frontline sales job . I would expect and appreciate good quality and knowledgeable but not pushy service to enrich my shopping experience.

Lastly, I have done a few research and found out that not all Simmon authorised outlet sells the same model. Luckily the one that I wanted is carried by Robinson. Hope it helps

I agreed with Gerald.

Just to share my experience.

I have bought my backcare then in Jan 08 this yr when Robinson was having a sale. In fact that day when I was at Robinson , I went there just to check out on the available models and discount with no intention of buying the mattress because my place will only be ready in Jul 08. Lilian attended to me and walkthrough with me all on the models despite acknowledging my intention of just window shopping.

I was convinced by her that backcare 4 ( apparently the latest and premium model) was due for a price adjustment and that I could place a deposit first and locked in the @ the promotinal price despite the far delivery date. She even guaranteed me that there is a cheaper price in future (before my delivery) than the promotional offer I am getting, I will be given the refund of the differences. (Apparently, this is policy that Robinson will promise their clients)

Subsquently, I went back again to buy some bedsheets during the Robinson sale in May, last month. It turned out that the model , that I have placed my deposit on but have not fully paid or taken delivery, was 30% more expensive than what orginal paid 4months back. And this was comparing against the price after the discount for this Robinson May sale . The usual price right now is almost 40% higher than what i initially bought it at.

Overall, it was a pleasant experience that I have had at Robinson as I picked up a few good quality bedsheets and comforter with the help of another sales assistance.

I must confess that I am quite a fussy customer who is very particular about service because I am also in a frontline sales job . I would expect and appreciate good quality and knowledgeable but not pushy service to enrich my shopping experience.

Lastly, I have done a few research and found out that not all Simmon authorised outlet sells the same model. Luckily the one that I wanted is carried by Robinson. Hope it helps

care to share how much u paid for your backcare 4? i m interested in this model as well.. thks

I just put deposit on Arlington Plush. I wasn't aware of the bad reviews posted on Ackerman and Smith. Now I regretted and I'm getting worried. Not sure whether should i ask for the delivery to be early cos i requested to be delivered in 2009. Any advice?

Edited by Lilian

I just put deposit on Arlington Plush. I wasn't aware of the bad reviews posted on Ackerman and Smith. Now I regretted and I'm getting worried. Not sure whether should i ask for the delivery to be early cos i requested to be delivered in 2009. Any advice?

Hi Lilian i just placed a deposit with Ackerman for the Arlington Plush Mattress too. My advice is take all the advices and comments our fellow forumers suggested with a pinch of salt. I do not mean that they are not useful, but there's no point worrying yourself over incidents that happened to others. Lets' just keep our fingers crossed and hope we get what we paid for. :yamseng: