Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios
Sign in to follow this  
big orange

Bedok Central

Hi s_mario, So sorry about that. We went to see the defong work and could not able to text you as i am already outside. He is ok, as in not pushy and quite nice person to talk to. Impression is pretty good.

Anyway everybody.

Home planning is never a smooth sailing ship without weathering the storms. I went to see for 2 appointments and later advance to the expo. Overall it is bad. I strongly urge IDs that Bedok Linear Green are not carrot for you to chop. :dancingqueen:

Hi big Orange,

No problem..anyway i should be going expo later to have a look.. maybe drop by new house have a look..

:yamseng:

Join 46,923 satisfied homeowners who used renotalk quotation service to find interior designers. Get an estimated quotation

Sheppy Ya, started reno with a supposedly ID. Recommended by some neighbours. You all know this kinda renovations gets on by word of mouth. Before signing, they are boasting abt colour matching etc. After signed, their proposed colour matching really sux, looks like suitable for my father's era. Showed them samples, came back with another design, but the colour still (out of words).....

like another member mentioned, alot called themselves ID, but turns out to be CONTRACTOR instead. tell them what to do, they just do it for you. But this one worst, shot down a few of my ideas. I regretted.

Edited by hihihi

Sheppy Ya, started reno with a supposedly ID. Recommended by some neighbours. You all know this kinda renovations gets on by word of mouth. Before signing, they are boasting abt colour matching etc. After signed, their proposed colour matching really sux, looks like suitable for my father's era. Showed them samples, came back with another design, but the colour still (out of words).....

like another member mentioned, alot called themselves ID, but turns out to be CONTRACTOR instead. tell them what to do, they just do it for you. But this one worst, shot down a few of my ideas. I regretted.

hihihi,

care to share who u engaged? sounds bad.. hope everything will turn out fine..

:)

yokoyoko Mine is a small player near payalebar mrt. If anybody gotten someone there, can confirm with me that shop name.

Supervision

I would say small fry may need abit more supervision. Or probably they are the same. Reno needs alot of supervision and reminders. I put paper, scotch tape and pen at reno site to tell them and remind them what I want to do, in chinese and english.

worksmanship

both Big and Small players they both ask pple to lay the tiles, do the cabinets, so there's no advantage, they even out.

Sometimes I really think it's better to go for big players rather than these small fry. Big players although more expensive, but they give a more rounded experience (3D drawings, colour matching etc). Good ones are usually busy, bad ones are usually flowery mouth... so sometimes still boils down to luck and feeling.

Edited by hihihi

Mine is a small player near payalebar mrt
Ahh, the one along Sims Ave? I know a couple firms that are located there.

How much have u paid so far? How much work has been performed?

U can rescind the contract according to the terms & conditions of the contract.

Edited by DSA

yokoyoko Mine is a small player near payalebar mrt. If anybody gotten someone there, can confirm with me that shop name.

Supervision

I would say small fry may need abit more supervision. Or probably they are the same. Reno needs alot of supervision and reminders. I put paper, scotch tape and pen at reno site to tell them and remind them what I want to do, in chinese and english.

worksmanship

both Big and Small players they both ask pple to lay the tiles, do the cabinets, so there's no advantage, they even out.

Sometimes I really think it's better to go for big players rather than these small fry. Big players although more expensive, but they give a more rounded experience (3D drawings, colour matching etc). Good ones are usually busy, bad ones are usually flowery mouth... so sometimes still boils down to luck and feeling.

Don't worry hihihi, everything will be fine..

paya lebar ah.. hmm. ..rings a bell, i went to linear green that day a plump uncle(speak english, a bit nagging.. :() contractor from Paya lebar coy showed me a flat.. don noe whether is it that uncle... forget the coy name liao.. but his name card still at my wife hse..

I believe any IDs/contractors that we engagedm we will still need to supervise abit ba.. , we must understand that they might have other projects on hands, workers might be those 'bo chup' kind and etc.. so its better that we owners can go down there often to oversee as well.. like that may still be able to rectify on the spot if any things go wrong...

somemore we are living there.. wat u had done is gd.. leaving reminders behind to minimise any unwanted mistakes.. :thumbs up:

hihihi: You from the balloting group? Or the SERS group? So fast got keys to be able to start renovating???

*hint* it's in a shopping mall near to Payalebar MRT.

DSA I started already, at least certain items I know what I want. So no choice have to proceed. I already am thinking if later part of project the design I don't like, I will take it out and either forced to change design or ask some other contractor to do on a small project basis.

yokoyoko Thanks, I really hope everything will be ok too!

cacky I SERS group considered quite late to start reno already.

Edited by hihihi

DSA I started already, at least certain items I know what I want. So no choice have to proceed. I already am thinking if later part of project the design I don't like, I will take it out and either forced to change design or ask some other contractor to do on a small project basis.

Hi hihihi,

Everything be fine! U have my blessing. However you really need to remind us : those who BE's. We are 0 knowledge.. Ok.. it just me.. not us.

:)

any idea how does "broken marble' differs from the rest of the flooring type?

no. 1 i know is the pricing anything else? anyidea what the range like?

my friend from the sers group getting keys for the block 219c next week, so my guess that those people from sers and balloting group should be getting keys around the same time ba, and my guess is my block 221b should be getting keys july/aug ba...

my friend from the sers group getting keys for the block 219c next week, so my guess that those people from sers and balloting group should be getting keys around the same time ba, and my guess is my block 221b should be getting keys july/aug ba...

Darcbleu, this is not a good news to me. 219C next week?

I still haven't got any updates from HDB? only got their HLE on friday, my AHG still no news.

DSA - You complain to HDB regarding the TV points. What the update? Thanks.

Everyone from Jan BE - What your schedule of picking up keys. thanks.

Edited by big orange

Hi Hihihi,

You are not too late. I am also from SERS and is only getting keys tomorrow :D