Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios
Sign in to follow this  
big orange

Bedok Central

Cacky : Now new flat ceiling so low...so dangerous to even install a ceiling fan...

If changing lighting, can stack pillows on the bed lor... hahaha :P

(still tinking whether to install one...my existing sers flat has a ceiling fan, really useful if you dun intend to ve aircon for livinig room)

Join 46,923 satisfied homeowners who used renotalk quotation service to find interior designers. Get an estimated quotation

sheppy: Wah ... even 20k also considered too little ... :jawdrop: Gotta be prepared to burn hole in pocket leh. And that's not including furnishing, I presume???

yokoyoko: Oh .. that's the same issue that DSA brought up too.

eipsy: Hhahaha, yah lor, I agree with you, actually, no need ceiling fan, sometimes those standing fans work quite well. I agree it's not a pretty sight but well ... it's still usable. Or better still, get air-con. One thing I don't like about those big ceiling fan is that it blows up the dust and spreads it all over the house lah. Not that air-con doesn't, but I think the fan is more guilty of it. Stack pillows, wait lose balance and fall, even worse. Hhahahhaa.

Edited by cacky

Cacky : Now new flat ceiling so low...so dangerous to even install a ceiling fan...

If changing lighting, can stack pillows on the bed lor... hahaha :P

(still tinking whether to install one...my existing sers flat has a ceiling fan, really useful if you dun intend to ve aircon for livinig room)

Hi Eipsy, welcome!!!

Just got my keys yesterday. Cacky, will try to take a photo of my toilet if I go to my new house again. Most probably this weekend.

To my surprise, for my 5-room flat, the tv point in the living room is on the long wall, not the short wall, so no need to lay wire :D

Have manage to check every single tiles yesterday, no hollow but got 6 pieces that is chipped. Will be there to do a wiping on all the wall tiles to see if there is any hairline cracks this weekend cos no water yesterday and report all these faults to the office on Blk 220A.

DSA: I love the Rinnai offer that you are showing, when do I have to confirm with you cos need to have my boss (wife) approval.

yokoyoko: Oh .. that's the same issue that DSA brought up too.

Yeah.. u r right!! n the window not installed at the servcie yard.. sianz..

Yeah.. u r right!! n the window not installed at the servcie yard.. sianz..

Yeah, sianz...window not provided at the service yard. Got to spend $$$ to install cos no choice, got a very active daugther at home.

Anyone out there is thinking of tiling up the entire service yard. I having headache cos my in-laws and my parents kept wanting me to tile up the whole service yard cos they think this place will going to be wet because washing machine is placed there and it would be easier to maintain than just a painted wall and my designer says not to waste $$$ on that cos not much diff one. Any inputs?

Come to think of service yard. The design in 5 rooms really s***. The washing machine point is right in front of the door and chances is that we will accidently knocked onto the washing machine when we walk in. Haven't the designers of these flat take that into consideration??? Now I have to spend $$$ to repipe it to the end of the service yard :curse:

hi. You settle your ID selection?

erm... not yet.. act went to 3 onli.. but i think i will go with plush living design. don wan extra headaches on the ID thingy... but they are not the cheapest... :(

But think Defong like not bad leh.. haha.. wat abt u?

Edited by yokoyoko

Bubbly: Oooooooooh, thanks ... much appreciated for the photos!! Hope it isn't too much trouble. Given my experience, your parents are right in saying that the service yard area should consider tiling.

No joke ... coz paint, unless it's really really good paint and that your windows are done so well that the rain won't leak in, will still be subjected to the wear and tear of the rain. If tiles, it might be better. Based on my experience in my parents' home. We used to have a balcony that is tiled. Then after renovation, we had the tiles removed and painted over, turned out that it was worse than before. The condition of the paint is bad due to the rain leaking through my windows.

To Anyone: Can I find out if anyone plans to do a vanity cabinet for their bathroom sink huh ... and if so, has anyone gotten any forms of quotes from the contractors yet? Just wanted a rough estimate. Need to do some budgeting leh.

erm... not yet.. act went to 3 onli.. but i think i will go with plush living design. don wan extra headaches on the ID thingy... but they are not the cheapest... :(

But think Defong like not bad leh.. haha.. wat abt u?

i dropped you a pm. :)

Anyway it alway not a easy job to shortlist la.

Bubbly: Oooooooooh, thanks ... much appreciated for the photos!! Hope it isn't too much trouble. Given my experience, your parents are right in saying that the service yard area should consider tiling.

No joke ... coz paint, unless it's really really good paint and that your windows are done so well that the rain won't leak in, will still be subjected to the wear and tear of the rain. If tiles, it might be better. Based on my experience in my parents' home. We used to have a balcony that is tiled. Then after renovation, we had the tiles removed and painted over, turned out that it was worse than before. The condition of the paint is bad due to the rain leaking through my windows.

hi. wall tile or floor tile? i thought floor tile is done?

Thanks.

Yeah, sianz...window not provided at the service yard. Got to spend $$$ to install cos no choice, ......

Come to think of service yard. The design in 5 rooms really s***. The washing machine point is right in front of the door and chances is that we will accidently knocked onto the washing machine when we walk in. Haven't the designers of these flat take that into consideration??? Now I have to spend $$$ to repipe it to the end of the service yard :curse:

I don't believe in paying for someone else's mistake: It's every man for himself - I compel them to pay for the mistakes they made.

For those who thinks the placement of the TV point & phone socket in the living room is a mistake & should be swapped by HDB, this is the dept in HDB responsible.

If every single 958 unit band together and persuade HDB to install sliding or casement windows (all 958 windows have to be identical) on the ledge at the service yard, I think it's quite possible to compel HDB to do so. Alas, this would be an exercise that is far too audacious - just observing the en-bloc sale exercises conducted will proven it so.

Edited by DSA

the problem with the tv socket at the short wall can be easliy solved as explained by one contractor that they will pull the cable and hide the socket point and hide the cable under your new flooring and hook it up to the long wall side lo. but for those who gotten hdb ceramic flooring then i think will have a problem.

the problem with the tv socket at the short wall can be easliy solved as explained by one contractor that they will pull the cable and hide the socket point and hide the cable under your new flooring and hook it up to the long wall side lo. but for those who gotten hdb ceramic flooring then i think will have a problem.

i think we bedok central gang almost everywhr in renotalk that i get confused and forgot whr i post ...haha

anyways..

i was thinking of mounting the tv ..but given the short wall, hav no sofa, as it would definitely jut out and to me looks weird?

any ideas hw to tackle this?

beenies? huge one?

plus..haiya..so sad still checking everyday the singpass link and just kept showing, HDB will invite you to sing the agreement in due course.

haiz.. :(

If every single 958 unit band together and persuade HDB to install sliding or casement windows (all 958 windows have to be identical) on the ledge at the service yard, I think it's quite possible to compel HDB to do so. Alas, this would be an exercise that is far too audacious - just observing the en-bloc sale exercises conducted will proven it so.

It's funny when you think about it. Coz' HDB doesn't allow us to change windows coz it might affect the outlook/appearance of the buildings. Yet they 'leave it open' for us in the service yard.

If I'm not wrong, there are only certain type of grills we can use that's approved by HDB only. But not sure about the windows of the service yard, though.

that is illegal but 9.99/10 pple does that. If using HDB tiles then good luck: $6/pcs. Can only run along the skirting.

The specific HDB grills ruling only applies to SERVICE YARD. Other rooms can do whatever u like.

Edited by hihihi