Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios
Sign in to follow this  
big orange

Bedok Central

so gd.. i think all/most ppl have gt their HLE approved.. mine still stuck with HDB.. they mess it up.. said sales side has the copy and their side(loan) don have.. need to retrieve from them.. waste time!! :furious:

and also mess up our TV pt and etc.. what can they mess up again... haiz... :(

Earlier, i mentioned before there is a case where CHina workers stuffed their meal boxes, rubbish behind the walls reported few months back in spore.. :curse: ... i think our flats oso bulit by CHina company(saw chinese workers).. so when u all gt the keys.. beta go and check ard.. smell... btw.. no racism hor.. haha

hope don have all these messes for our nice estate :)

hi yokoyoko,

Mine HLE was messed up as well. :( they claim they dun have my orginal pay slip which i submitted..think same case as urs as i passed my pay slip to sales and loan side say dun have. but finally got approved today.. after more than 1 month..

u got quotes from ID? care to share? me headache over this reno thing. dunno the ID trying to fleece me cos i dunno much on reno things. haha..

Join 46,923 satisfied homeowners who used renotalk quotation service to find interior designers. Get an estimated quotation
Me no expert lah! Me ish a nOOb fighting a battle with HDB over the issue of design wrongs - It is a long drawn-out uphill solo struggle against a huge corporation, let alone a government statutory board...... Utter frustration is a gross understatement........ :curse: x 1000

Visit www.imageshack.us & upload your images, choose the optimal size for the display of your images. Once completed, copy the second line of code and paste in the post message box.

i think this link help oso.. other method/upload sources inside...

upload pics methods..

let us c the toliet design again!! :) Bubbly...

hi yokoyoko,

Mine HLE was messed up as well. :( they claim they dun have my orginal pay slip which i submitted..think same case as urs as i passed my pay slip to sales and loan side say dun have. but finally got approved today.. after more than 1 month..

u got quotes from ID? care to share? me headache over this reno thing. dunno the ID trying to fleece me cos i dunno much on reno things. haha..

same boat.. haiz.. wat to do.. wait lo.. always give stunts but at least yr HLE approved liao... check yr PM.. :thumbs up:

Edited by yokoyoko

Indicative Price - Window Checking, Repair and Installation / Replacement of Windows

collapse.gifAdvice & assistance

How to avoid misunderstandings

The engagement of the window contractor is a private arrangement between the flat owner and the contractor. Before you engage the window contractor, we advise flat owners to:

• find out from the contractor the type and extent of work that needs to be done and how much it would cost
  • compare rates and negotiate the price and study the terms and conditions.
This will help you avoid problems/complaints like overcharging by the contractor or unnecessary work being carried out,

As a general guide, the maximum indicative rates are $40 (excluding GST) for checking of windows (including transportation cost)and $1 each (excluding GST) for changing a rivet. The rates can be found in HDB InfoWEB at www.hdb.gov.sg by clicking here.

What to do if rivets are not firmly secured?

Your BCA-approved window contractor is responsible for the proper installation of the rivets. After the retrofitting is completed, check that the rivets are firmly secured onto the frames. If there are loose rivets, immediately call back your window contractor to promptly rectify the irregularity. If your window contractor refuses to rectify the work, please inform HDB so that we can take appropriate action against the contractor.

If you need more information

Please call the HDB Branch Office Service Line (toll-free) at 1800-2255432 for further assistance (operating hours: Mondays to Fridays, 8.00am to 5.00pm).

Bubbly: Oooooooooh, thanks ... much appreciated for the photos!! Hope it isn't too much trouble. Given my experience, your parents are right in saying that the service yard area should consider tiling.

No joke ... coz paint, unless it's really really good paint and that your windows are done so well that the rain won't leak in, will still be subjected to the wear and tear of the rain. If tiles, it might be better. Based on my experience in my parents' home. We used to have a balcony that is tiled. Then after renovation, we had the tiles removed and painted over, turned out that it was worse than before. The condition of the paint is bad due to the rain leaking through my windows.

To Anyone: Can I find out if anyone plans to do a vanity cabinet for their bathroom sink huh ... and if so, has anyone gotten any forms of quotes from the contractors yet? Just wanted a rough estimate. Need to do some budgeting leh.

Here are the photos as promised.

Toilet - For 4 & 5 Room

dsc01094nf0.jpgdsc01095dx1.jpgdsc01101nc8.jpg

As you can see, things provided are:-

1) Wall Tiles (2 colours)

2) Floor Tiles

3) Basin

4) Shower

For 5 room, you will also have a vanity provided in the master bed room

dsc01103ej5.jpg

Home > HDB Renovation Guidelines > Enhanced Renovation Guidelines For Installation/Replacement Of Windows

Enhanced Renovation Guidelines For Installation/Replacement Of Windows

From time to time, HDB has been introducing new and distinctive features in HDB flats to enhance the aesthetic appearance of the block and the overall town. Some of the common distinctive features introduced are full height windows (3/4 height windows), windows with coloured frame/glass panel and windows with different proportions.

From 12 July 07, HDB will be introducing some control measures to ensure that the aesthetic appearance of the block/precinct will not be marred.

The following enhanced window guidelines will be implemented:

(A) Full Height Windows (including 3/4 height and bay windows)

Replacement of full height windows is strictly not allowed, unless with valid reasons, such as badly damaged frame which require a total change of windows.

Click to view examples of full height windows.

If replacement is necessary, flat owners need to engage a BCA-approved window contractor to submit an application for renovation permit to HDB electronically. The replacement must comply with the colour scheme, proportion and type [ie casement to casement, sliding to sliding] with that of the original windows provided by HDB, in addition to existing requirement to engage a Qualified Person (QP) to certify the lateral loading.

The QP is required to submit structural calculations and drawings to Building and Construction Authority (BCA) for regulatory approval via CORENET (COnstruction and Real Estate NETwork). Once the approval is given by BCA, the BCA-approved window contractor is to submit the BCA's "Permit to Commence Structural Work" and approved drawings to HDB for the issuance of the renovation permit.

(B)Windows at Parapet/Balcony

(i) New Developments [new flats handed over from 1 Jul 07 onwards]

For installation/replacement of windows at balcony/parapet, flat owners need to comply with the colour scheme, proportion and type [ie casement to casement, sliding to sliding] with that of the original windows provided by HDB, in addition to existing requirements.

(ii) Existing Developments

For installation/replacement of windows at balcony/parapet, an advisory note will be incorporated into the renovation permit to inform flat owners to comply with colour scheme and proportion with that of the original windows provided by HDB.

© Installation of Grilles at service yard/private balcony (if any)

Flat owners will need to install using HDB approved grilles design, which are given during the booking of flat/collection of keys via a renovation fact sheet for the new flats handed over from 1 Jul 07 onwards [see sample renovation fact sheet].

Part 2

Colour of Kitchen Wall Tiles

dsc01093sr6.jpg

Colour of Kitchen Floor Tiles

dsc01092ce5.jpg

For those who are having 5-rooms, here is a picture on how stupid the piping is done for the washing machine. Simply in front of the door.

dsc01105nb2.jpg

With this, I have manage my first posting with pictures. Credits to DSA and yokoyoko. Thanks. You save me at least another hour.

Hello... guys!

Getting my flat keys @ Blk 220C on Friday.

Nice to know there is a thread forum for Bedok Central.

Cheers!

:yamseng:

Hi,

Dedicated to brothers/sisters who got their unit at 219-221. :dancingqueen:

Let form a neighborhood.

Those bolded nick mean that they had already gotten their KEY!

219A - DSA

219B - sidney93, jeaniebaby, tyrix

219C - big orange, LimeGreen, snowman, Bubbly, s_mario, eipsy

219D - mscupid11

220A - hihihi, herbman76

220B - 2BeMe, nuggets, raayn, effie, mocchi, yokoyoko, pandaz

220C - seraphinee, lovelee, lazurite, soojin

221A -

221B - sheppy, cohiers, darcbleu, cacky

221C - tfujiwara8

Total of 29 family here :sport-smiley-003:

So roughly we got around 20plus over 199 applicant for bedok huh? that about 10%!! Good good..

Regards.

Bubbly: Whoa ... you're my hero leh! Uploaded the pics so fast. And thanks to those who have guided him how to upload his pics. Okay, heng ah, kitchen tiles are white in color, not too bad then, at least it's neutral.

My hubby saw the bathroom pics and is convinced we do not need to re-do the bathroom. :( Ah well ... maybe 5 years later, when the bathroom is full of algae, he won't say the same thing huh ... But huh ... the basin is really near to the shower area. Really cannot do vanity cabinet I think.

Bubbly, i guess the pics you took are from 5 rm unit?

Any idea will be 4 rm ones be the same? except for the vanity from 5rm MBR? and the pics of the toilet is it from public toilet or MBR toilet? all units provided with shower head? so good ah? but i see the basin confirm cannot make it, will defintely change it if that is in the MBR. and if i not wrong, the toilet bowl does not come with half/full flush function. only standard 1 push.

Edited by darcbleu

...... the basin is really near to the shower area. Really cannot do vanity cabinet I think.
I've got a very cheap solution on that.

Don't be vain lah!

Hi,

Dedicated to brothers/sisters who got their unit at 219-221. :dancingqueen:

Let form a neighborhood.

Those bolded nick mean that they had already gotten their KEY!

219A - DSA

219B - sidney93, jeaniebaby, tyrix

219C - big orange, LimeGreen, snowman, Bubbly, s_mario, eipsy

219D - mscupid11

220A - hihihi, herbman76

220B - 2BeMe, nuggets, raayn, effie, mocchi, yokoyoko, pandaz

220C - seraphinee, lovelee, lazurite, soojin, jiazhen

221A -

221B - sheppy, cohiers, darcbleu, cacky

221C - tfujiwara8

Total of 29 family here :sport-smiley-003:

So roughly we got around 20plus over 199 applicant for bedok huh? that about 10%!! Good good..

Regards.

Hi anyone got any idea/ view on flooring "Broken Marble"?

roughly what would be the $/PSF?

You must be wondering why no one reply to you on this......

Coz the correct name of this type of flooring is Terrazzo, not 'broken marble'.

floor9.jpg

Ask the Green Book for a list of suppliers.

Edited by DSA

to all,

anyone selected da unit 219C #05-114?

why huh? :notti:

anything wrong with this unit?

Hello... guys!

Getting my flat keys @ Blk 220C on Friday.

Nice to know there is a thread forum for Bedok Central.

Cheers!

:yamseng:

Weclome. Enjoy your stay here :)

Hi Everybody,

1) When you move in, how to activate the phone line?

2) How to activate internet, let say I have setup my pc and modem?

Thanks everybody!

HAPPY