Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios
Sign in to follow this  
big orange

Bedok Central

big orange: I'd suggest you browse through ID mags, maybe you've already done that, to get some ideas and then show to your contractor. Sometimes, the nice designs don't have to be that expensive. Each home is subjective. Most importantly, consider what you and your other half envision your home to be. Maybe pick out a few characteristics you want your place to be and then move on from there. Remember ... work on the basics first. The rest can slowly add on. You have your lifetime to beautify the place.

Thanks cacky. I did! but... u know i am forgetful... i think i forgot like 80% of the magz i browsing thru. It that bad.

I still thinking whether want to redo the toilet. If it not spoilt, why fix? but beauty mahz.. who dun like eye candy..

:)

Looking for good contractors? Click here for your request
Who is the rubbish that told u the price was expensive?

My contractor got the $2/pcs floor tiles to do the fridge base, indeed that is expensive! But that's their problem, that price is already included into the cost of constructing the base.

And WOW $6/pcs platinum-coated-made-in-japan ceramic floor tiles!! :jawdrop:

big orange: Teach you ... see nice ideas from ID mags, tear them and make a scrap book. At least you can always refer back. Sometimes, not necessary the big things, small stuff like home decor items can do also.

big orange: Teach you ... see nice ideas from ID mags, tear them and make a scrap book. At least you can always refer back. Sometimes, not necessary the big things, small stuff like home decor items can do also.

I feel that there are a few thing to look at

- flooring - what type

- Kitchen

- Master Room

- Lightings

- Cupboard

Work from there perhap it have help to zero on the planning.

;)

Mr big Orange,

If u r really keen on doing up toilet, just go ahead.. if not u might regret after moving in.. u will be facing it for at least 5 years man!!

If there is a budget constraint, don do feature wall, just buy a stylish n nice console can le(should be cheaper den the customize make feature wall cum console.. combo)... WIW can do if u wanna hack wall.. if not space will be crampy.. might as well do a normal 1.. thats wat i think lo...

For capentry wise, try not to do customize make 1 lo.. cos usually more exp than outside one(IKEA, Vhive, Novena). not those high end one la(milan, mondi and etc).. not sure on these oso.. hehe

Kitchen don need to so nice.. unless u will be hanging there most of time which i don think u r... hehe

just do wat u want to c in yr home.. cos u r living there... :P

Edited by yokoyoko

i am planning to overlay some tiles for my toilet as my wifey wants to have some tiny tiles at the shower area wall as design.and i plan to replace the basin most probably and do up a vanity cabinet under it something like a hotel feel with big basin area.

as for wiw, after some thinking we decided not to have it as considering future wise for kids, and also maybe a room for guests or study room. after all it is a good to have only.

tv console i would like to have it as lazy to source for one, but for opinion, is a tv console built by ID better to attached to the wall or standalone? and i also decided not to have my tv wall mount as i dun want to have problems next time if i need to change anything for the tv or add other hardware, eg game console.

anyone got any ideas where to built a nice show cabinet to show my collection of wines eg vodka,martell?

visit so many showflats haven seen one where they got a cabinet for wines collection.

i would say reno wise just do it one shot nice nice up to what you want lo, as next time if reno it won be easy as problem with dust,place to stay.....but of coz see how much you willing to pay for loan whether you getting reno loan or not...guess nowadays many young people work for the banks to pay their loans every mth....sigh

For those who can read Chinese and those who can't, please find someone who can to translate for u or worse refer to an online translator, here's a site, amongst the many out there, that discusses the importance of the kitchen & how the placement of the stove, now the hob affects the people living in the house.

Edited by DSA

Project description:

Proposed new erection of Public Housing Development comprising 10 blocks of 17-storey (total 958 residential units) and 2 blocks of multi-storey carparks with commercial and communal facilities at New Upper Changi Road, Bedok North Ave 3 & Bedok Central

Scope of works:

- 2 blocks of multi-storey carpark with electrical sub-stations, utility centres, pump rooms, consumer switch rooms

- Construction of 10 blocks of 17 storey residential blocks (958 units).

- Commercial facilities at Block 219 including 8 shops, 1 eating house and 1 supermarket

- Precinct amenities including precinct pavilion, shelters, pergolas, footpaths, linkways, drop-off porches, and precinct markets

- Children's playground (Type 1 or Type 2) and fitness corner

- Sanitary, water, gas, fire protection and other plumbing installations

- General site works including trimming, forming embankments and earth mound, turfing, footpaths, steps

- Underground pipe system for LT reticulation cables and telecommunication cables

- Electrical, mechanical and other installations

- Refuse handling equipment instalaltions

- Piling and civil engineering works

- Construction of 15.4m wide road at Bedok Town Centre

Contract period:

Commencement date: 17 August 2005

Completion date: 16 July 2008

Site area: 33,478 m²

GFA: 121,735.64 m²

Owner: Housing And Development Board

Consultants:

Structural - Surbana Internationa Consultants Pte Ltd

Architect - Surbana Internationa Consultants Pte Ltd

M&E - Surbana Internationa Consultants Pte Ltd

So it's Surbana Internationa Consultants who came up with the 'brilliant' idea of placing the phone socket in the middle of the long wall of the living room and the TV socket at the small wall! Now I can shoot 8| directly to this wholly owned by Temasek Holdings company.

I am thinking of installing windows on the ledge of the service yard, so I called the sub-con for China Construction who did our windows & found out that they only supply & install windows on a development project basis. So no go for indivdiual flat owners; they don't do retail business.

Note: If u wish to install on the the ledge of the service yard the same type of windows as the existing ones around the unit, be prepared to pay a good price as those windows are of good sturdy quality.

Edited by DSA

For those who are thinking of installing windows on the ledge of the service yard, this is the sub-con for China Construction who did our windows: Lea Hin Co Metal Fty @ 293 Alexandra Rd Tel: 6474 1743.

Warning: If u wish to install on the the ledge of the service yard the same type of windows, the price won't be cheap because those windows are of good sturdy quality.

Hi DSA, did u get the price? how much huh?

Hi everyone. Thanks man. Seriously, i dun know what i want leh. ya la.. i think yokoyoko sound quite ok. like doing the toilet but save on the feature wall. will seriously think about that.

In the meantime.. Any Jan BE blk which face the road getting the key? :) 219C,D, 221 sereis?

Heee...

Anyway.. i attached a picture here for living room. nice or not? is the tv too low?

luxurconsole13depy2.jpg

Edited by big orange

See my post above with more info

is the tv too low?
Probably, even if you are sitting on the floor watching it as your height is 1.8 m. I suggest the users of your living room sit on many sofas in furniture showrooms, once they found the most comforable sofa, measure the vertical distance from the eye level to the floor - that would be the vertical distance from the centre of the TV to the floor. Edited by DSA

Hi everyone. Thanks man. Seriously, i dun know what i want leh. ya la.. i think yokoyoko sound quite ok. like doing the toilet but save on the feature wall. will seriously think about that.

In the meantime.. Any Jan BE blk which face the road getting the key? :) 219C,D, 221 sereis?

Heee...

Anyway.. i attached a picture here for living room. nice or not? is the tv too low?

luxurconsole13depy2.jpg

i personally feels dat da overall is nice, bt tv is way too low?

See my post above with more info

I didn't see any price. Just 'good price'

i personally feels dat da overall is nice, bt tv is way too low?

Ya.. that what i thinking - too low.

But overall is clean look ..

Anyway here another. Do you think it look too dark.. if i going to replicate this look into my study/leisure room?

tvconsole0mmbk3.png

I didn't see any price. Just 'good price'

Ya.. that what i thinking - too low.

But overall is clean look ..

Anyway here another. Do you think it look too dark.. if i going to replicate this look into my study/leisure room?

nice! :good: