Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios
Sign in to follow this  
big orange

Bedok Central

Be informed that the shower area is only 750 mm wide so if the user's turning radius is wider than 750 mm, then shower screen is not recommended. The user might lodge himself/herself between the acrylic/glass screen wall and the 1500 mm wide wall.

HAHAHA...guess we all have to keep ourselves slim and trim now...if not kena stuck lah... :sport-smiley-004:

anyways, i will only do shower screen for MBR not the public toilet....

think it is a stupid design that the shower area is on the right side when we enter the toilet for 4rm MBR.

if i got the shower screen then the door will knock to the screen.....zzz...

Join 46,923 satisfied homeowners who used renotalk quotation service to find interior designers. Get an estimated quotation

darcbleu: I think the pics that Bubbly posted are similar to the 4-room ones one. So you can be 'rest assured' that's the bathroom we're gonna have to 'live with'. *sigh* And what are those silly red and blue markings???

My hubby said they're patterns on the wall. Why put patterns like that??? I'd rather not have patterns and just plain wall lah. So silly. Like you, I will change the basin also ... not nice leh. My hubby thinks it's useable. *sigh* So ugly! As it is, I have to put up with the ugly tile colors, now still have to put up with the lousy basin. Eh, toilet bowl only one standard flush lah. What you expect? Half and full? Those are premium bowls leh.

As for the Master Bathroom toilet door, think no choice but might have to change it to open on the other side instead. Coz you are right, once it opens, it'll block the shower area.

DSA: You very naughty leh ... not that I vain lah ... just wanna have a cabinet to store things like tissue and toilet paper supplies mah. Having more storage furniture in the house is always good. Huh??? More and more bad news? First ... those ugly tiles in the toilet, then the basin so near the shower area and now, cannot put shower screen? Wah biang ... they really pushing us to the corner leh! Did they design these flats with the 1990s in mind???

eipsy: We definitely have to do our shower screen. This one not condo. ;)

To Anyone: Anyone knows what type of flooring issit in this picture huh?

bord%20m%20vika%20kaj%20ben.JPG
Edited by cacky

cacky those red blue markings on the wall and suggested piping for your pipes to run from the heater. (red for hot/blue for cold) correct me if i am wrong....

if i see the tiles realli cannot make it, i would rather overlay everything, like i said, i wana do everything one shot, instead of regret and do it a few yrs later....

that toilet bowl is premium meh? now they promote green lah...save water / electric but dun give us half flush type....zzzzz

for the door,u can change it to those half open ones...which folds lo...

big orange: Both bathrooms are 750mm in width, unfortunately. It's really very tight. The place which I am in right now is like 850mm and I find it quite tight already. And there's no way you can extend that space there coz of the stupid basin that's blocking!!! :curse: And the worse thing is, where got space to move the basin elsewhere???!!!

darcbleu: Aiyoh, those bi-fold doors are the last thing I ever want lor. So 'orbit' and the sliding doors also, so old pattern, like 1990s like that. They really ah ... leaving us with no choice leh.

Be informed that the shower area is only 750 mm wide so if the user's turning radius is wider than 750 mm, then shower screen is not recommended. The user might lodge himself/herself between the acrylic/glass screen wall and the 1500 mm wide wall.

shower screen can also do sliding de for big size pple.

darcbleu those blue and red stickers on the wall are indicating the conceal pipings. So that nobody go and drill something (basket, shelf etc) there.

cacky MBR toilet, the sink can actually shift to the area just beside the door. There's a section of the wall which caves in.

Edited by hihihi

Sorry guys, just can't help myself posting these pics...totally unrelated to our reno talk...

(for the ladies) look what we can turn those ikea curtains to...hahaha :D

screenshot.jpg

skirt.jpg

ikea20handbag.jpg

Look at this interesting lamp...made of paper umbrellas stuck onto those paper lamps from ikea...

lamp20with20drinks20umbrella20off.jpg

lamp20with20drinks20umbrella20on.jpg

Don worry.. me laki worse.. HLE not even approved yet(1mnth liao)... 220B oso..

yokoyoko,

jia yooou...nvm, shld be soon, for HLE, website put 7days ley, mine gt approved ard that period...but NO keys!

wic floor are you?

so exciting. 1 same blk neighbour confirmed!

PM me your unit ...!!!

:)

darcbleu: I think the pics that Bubbly posted are similar to the 4-room ones one. So you can be 'rest assured' that's the bathroom we're gonna have to 'live with'. *sigh* And what are those silly red and blue markings???

My hubby said they're patterns on the wall. Why put patterns like that??? I'd rather not have patterns and just plain wall lah. So silly. Like you, I will change the basin also ... not nice leh. My hubby thinks it's useable. *sigh* So ugly! As it is, I have to put up with the ugly tile colors, now still have to put up with the lousy basin. Eh, toilet bowl only one standard flush lah. What you expect? Half and full? Those are premium bowls leh.

As for the Master Bathroom toilet door, think no choice but might have to change it to open on the other side instead. Coz you are right, once it opens, it'll block the shower area.

DSA: You very naughty leh ... not that I vain lah ... just wanna have a cabinet to store things like tissue and toilet paper supplies mah. Having more storage furniture in the house is always good. Huh??? More and more bad news? First ... those ugly tiles in the toilet, then the basin so near the shower area and now, cannot put shower screen? Wah biang ... they really pushing us to the corner leh! Did they design these flats with the 1990s in mind???

eipsy: We definitely have to do our shower screen. This one not condo. ;)

To Anyone: Anyone knows what type of flooring issit in this picture huh?

bord%20m%20vika%20kaj%20ben.JPG

i tink called parquet.

hihihi: You seen any samples of glass sliding doors? Those plastic type very old pattern.

www.austscreen.com, have a good read.

I called and checked the prices, called 2x, different pple quote me slightly different price. :curse:

Glass casement: ~$560

Frosted glass casement: ~$600+ (real sandblasted frosted, not paste frost sticker)

Plastic sliding: ~$490

(price are net, included GST transport etc)

Anyone plans to change their master bathroom main door? I am considering to change to those frosted glass door that can open towards the bathroom or towards the room. Coz I thought if open towards the room, then at least won't block the already small bathroom. Anyone has any opinions about that?

Edited by cacky

I am intending to put the TV console on the short wall.
Are u intending to mount a LCD or Plasma TV on the 1600 mm narrow wall? If so, do reconsider the position.

LCD/Plasma TV user manuals specifically states this:

"To avoid damage to this product, never place or store the TV in direct sunlight; hot, humid areas; or areas subject to excessive dust or vibration. The screen of this product can be damaged by ultraviolet radiation from the sun. When selecting a location for the television, avoid locations where the screen may be exposed to direct sunlight, such as in front of a window."

All major manufacturers of LCD/Plasma TVs issue & state the above warning in their LCD/Plasma TV user manuals. I welcome anyone to verify this warning with any physicist or any professional electrical engineer who is well-trained in the workings of LCD & Plasma display technologies.

Thus I conjecture the Surbana Internationa Consultants [henceforth known as SIC] architect is sorely ignorant of this well-known fact and thus did not consider the implications of their design decision to place the TV point at the 1600 mm wall.

In the event of damage by UV radiation to any residents' LCD/Plasma TV due to wrong placement against the advice of LCD/Plasma TV manufacturers, HDB and/or SIC is NOT likely to stand up and be counted as the lead factor & foot the cost of repair or replacement.

both toilet are diff in wide? Right? so which is 750, and what the others?
The shower area in both bathrooms/toilets are 750 mm narrow & cramped.

Anyone plans to change their master bathroom door? I am considering to change to those frosted glass door that can open towards the bathroom or towards the room. Coz I thought if open towards the room, then at least won't block the already small bathroom. Anyone has any opinions about that?
I intend to remove that bloody obstructing bathroom door & replace it with a PD door that slides to the left and rotates out to the left when opened.

Pd door is designed for interior use such as bathrooms, kitchen entrance, household shelters, storerooms, bedrooms and shower screen. Owners can choose to customize Pd doors to suit the interior designs, with a wide range of materials, infill type, colors, accessories and designs to choose from. There are double, triple and quadric panels to suit the opening and usage of the individual’s preference.

Pd door has also been customized to cater to consumer’s choice of use, such as balcony, cabinets and partition.

Price.

Edited by DSA

hihihi: Thanks for the link and the quotes. Saw the pictures. Not bad, I must say.

DSA: My hubby also suggested to go for sliding doors. But any nice sliding doors that doesn't look like those 1990s type that are tinted brown or blue? You know what I mean, right? Those plastic type.

darcbleu those blue and red stickers on the wall are indicating the conceal pipings. So that nobody go and drill something (basket, shelf etc) there.

oh, ok ok...hehehehe...thanxs... :yamseng:

my HLE got approved pretty fast, but i submitted even before i got my Q number for the BE....guess now alot of peopl are applying so lotsa lead time and **** up...

shower screen can also do sliding de for big size pple.
So what happens then after the screen is slided close? I'm sure you turn around when u shower right? The turning radius is limited to 750 mm so anyone who's wider than 29.52755906 inches will encounter problems turning in the shower area fenced by a shower screen.

hihihi: Yeah, I did consider moving the basin to that corner. Question is, will there be a lot of piping works involved? As in the pipes will have to be leading from it's original spot to the other corner. Can turn out to be quite messy leh.