Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios
Sign in to follow this  
big orange

Bedok Central

hi guys, feel much better after what you all have said. for a moment, nearly regret my decision on getting the flat, as my unit is right in front of mrt and low floor! :(

Join 46,923 satisfied homeowners who used renotalk quotation service to find interior designers. Get an estimated quotation
Yokoyoko. i can see you really like the place very much. :notti:

haha.. no la.. i prefer landed property more... but i no $$ to buy :(

But for now... is Linear Green(aka Bedok central) Wan Shui!! :sport-smiley-003:

Its ok..one man's meat is another man's poison.

At the time when i ballot, i was desperately looking for a unit as the resale market is overheated...however by the time the ballot results came out. resale market had cooled down bit..so wen we saw a resale unit which met all our criteria. We went ahead with it & purchased.

Anyway its ok, we gave up a chance to stay there but then allows some1 else to stay there..we're fine with it.

Did you play a part in influencing HDB's recent decision on new housing balloting scheme? ;)

(1), (2) - size vs costs is a tough one, it is unlikely to find a big unit selling at your "right" price.

(3) can't blame hdb. Their mission is to house a targeted 6.5 million people in a tiny 682.7 sq km.

(4) if property investment is your priority, hdb is not a good investment vehicle. :)

(5) is it really that bad? Try living overseas in certain cities, you will feel the difference.

Nothing is perfect...

With all the misfortunes and sad events happening around the world, perhaps we should feel gratitude for things like a roof over our heads... just my 2 cents.

sound logical.. u r my new idol :) ... :bow:

Lime green sound like linear green ...fishy... :notti:

Its ok..one man's meat is another man's poison.

At the time when i ballot, i was desperately looking for a unit as the resale market is overheated...however by the time the ballot results came out. resale market had cooled down bit..so wen we saw a resale unit which met all our criteria. We went ahead with it & purchased.

Anyway its ok, we gave up a chance to stay there but then allows some1 else to stay there..we're fine with it.

No worries.. 666.. anyway u gt yr ideal flat liao... although we are not fate to be neighbour... good luck to U on yr reno!! :yamseng:

going for lesson liao.. cya aound!!

Edited by yokoyoko

no lar i m not angry/petty at all.. just kidd..

just dat i feel it's a waste to give up such a q no..

mabbe becoz i waited too long ha..

True.. ;)

hi guys, feel much better after what you all have said. for a moment, nearly regret my decision on getting the flat, as my unit is right in front of mrt and low floor! :(

me also face mrt! :) i love the mrt views! heee...

I guess there's really no such thing as an ideal flat. It's what you make inside that matters, be it on the 2nd floor or the 17th floor. We didn't get ourselves a flat that we considered was a dream unit but my hubby and I feel that what matters is the people living in the home.

There will always be pros and cons, be it whichever unit you want. There are people who spend a long time searching for resale units for their ideal unit. But it also depends on whether time is on your side or money, for that matter. COV these days are ridiculously high. :curse: Gone are the days where it's probably 10 to 11k. Even if there is, you'd seriously doubt and wonder if there's any problems with the unit.

The key is contentment and making the best use of the unit you have. It took me a long time to accept this unit and also a lot of convincing from my hubby. :sport-smiley-018:

wow..bedok central community..so fast.

I got queue number 88 for 5 room unit, but i gave up for the following factors.

1)Unit too small, i went thrice to see 3x 5rm unit at diff blks bit dissapointed.

2)Price too expensive for 5rm, no grant,standard flat

3)Units too cramped together.

4)Really hard to forsee the 5rm will sell above 0.5million or more depends on how much u loan.

5) If suay get unit facing mrt & main road..noise & pollution b a problem.

but got pros as well la..tink u guys knoe best.

Thanks for giving up!! :dancingqueen: My q nos is 100+, if there isn't people like u, i wont have a chance to get my unit.... :notti:

Hi big orange, do add me on yr 'family tree'

My unit is in 220C

Cheers!

welcome neighbour :seeya:

Thanks for giving up!! :dancingqueen: My q nos is 100+, if there isn't people like u, i wont have a chance to get my unit.... :notti:

me too thx 666 :drunk:

Edited by lovelee

sound logical.. u r my new idol :) ... :bow:

Lime green sound like linear green ...fishy... :notti:

Idol? No lah, juz 知足常乐 since we cannot get what we like, let us like what we can get.

Contentment is not the fulfillment of what you want, but the realization of how much you already have. :sport-smiley-018:

:blink: don't tell anyone I am from the garmen (gov).

Found a blog that describes the owner's experience & journey of renovating his 1982 HDB 4I Resale Flat and it's current with pictures!

For those researching on air-con (this is one of the most technical aspect I've encountered so far), here's CoolServe's Cool advisor. Check out its FAQ section too!

For specifications of some brands air-cons, here's AireControl. It has a FAQ section too.

Mitsubishi Heavy Industries air-con is one of the most affordable ones.

Daikin is the most expensive.

Edited by DSA

Hi big orange, do add me on yr 'family tree'

My unit is in 220C

Cheers!

Done, and welcome to the community..

Found a blog that describes the owner's experience & journey of renovating his 1982 HDB 4I Resale Flat and it's current with pictures!

For those researching on air-con (this is one of the most technical aspect I've encountered so far), here's CoolServe's Cool advisor. Check out its FAQ section too!

For specifications of some brands air-cons, here's AireControl. It has a FAQ section too.

Hi,

So which one will be a better brand for in term of reliabiltiy and cost/energy saving ? Looking at sys 3 or 4.

Advice? :notti:

No problem...

Bit heart pain in the 1st place to give up such a good number in the 1st place till i found my dream unit..

Anyway price so high u guys need to top up cash for monthly installment?

coz i tink there are quite a number of young couples in this thread.

wow impressive! DSA, u are like the 'guru' of our neighbourhood!

do u have any good advises for bed/mattress???

No problem...

Bit heart pain in the 1st place to give up such a good number in the 1st place till i found my dream unit..

Anyway price so high u guys need to top up cash for monthly installment?

coz i tink there are quite a number of young couples in this thread.

Me Me!! But then again, it really a good location. Food is within price. Not as exp as SK, PG.. Very near to everywhere.

I topping up around $200 cash!