Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios
Sign in to follow this  
big orange

Bedok Central

Hallo ... count me into the gang ... I'm @ Blk 221b. Any one has any idea when we can get the keys for this block?

tfujiwara8: You 2 currently overseas too? We all also. Now wondering if the payment has to be made twice, does it mean we have to fly back twice. *gulp*

darcbleu: I'm having kinda of a headache over the living room area also. Coz if put TV at short wall ... it's too near the windows, might spoil the TV, plus the problem of reflection. Yet if we put on the long wall and have a L-Shape sofa ... I presume the L-shaped sofa will be placed against the short wall and definitely would be jutting out coz I don't think we can find a sofa that's only the length of the short wall which is 1.6m. Wouldn't it then be blocking the corridor that leads the the bedrooms? *sigh* That's why I think that the living area is kinda weirdly shaped. And I am still having headache over the dining area coz I don't want it to block the entrance of the kitchen, but it seems impossible not to block. Any good ideas?

Join 46,923 satisfied homeowners who used renotalk quotation service to find interior designers. Get an estimated quotation

hi cacky,i went to 2 show flats and one put the tv on the long wall, i agree that the L shaped sofa will have some jutting out but there is no choice, i still thinking of doing a cozy area near the window so might have the whole sofa out of the wall.

another way is to put the tv on the short wall, but not near the windows, is to install feature wall and extend the short wall out which is what one of the unit did, but then you will have an area behind the feature wall, sorta empty, which i dun like.

as for the dining table guess the best placement is somewhere infront of the entrance if not just at the right of the entrance? duno that will work or not.....

and i guess most will do up windows and grill at the service yard right, i intend to do one which will have a small opening which i can push out so that i can leave it open to let some air circuilate. if you know what i mean

one if the unit also have a small little basin at the service yard,i guess just for washing hands purpose after putting in luandry? but that i think can go without as a few steps more you can wash in the kitchen..

Edited by darcbleu

darcbleu: Thanks for responding so quickly. Actually, I should correct what I mentioned in my earlier post. I don't think the living area is weirdly shaped. Rather, it's quite a challenge given the small area. To be fair, the living area is squarish. My brother kept reminding me that I shouldn't set too high expectations on having a lot of furniture in the living/dining area as it's not big in the first place. But actually, I am just having the bare minimum which is a sofa, tv console and dining tables & chairs. I'm not even planning to have a coffee table. All I ever wanted was to have an L-shape sofa to lounge on. Is that a lot to ask for? *sigh* I really have been thinking about how to do this.

Also, I'd like to throw this question to the floor. What do you think about doing renovation 'ala carte'?

Which means, instead of hiring a renovator to do the whole thing as a package, I source individually for carpenters, wetworks etc? I know there are definitely disadvantages, but would like to hear advantages of doing so. Anyone can share?

Edited by cacky

i think doing ala carte is alright provided you got all the sources for all the things you need or wana do. which i think most dun have or lazy lah.hehe...

the living room i think is alright lah for the placement. mine is 97 sq so for mi already big enuff... :)

cacky Doing ala-carte is quite a challenge. Basically u takes over the job of the main contractor. And do the cooridinations etc. Advantage: u have excellent price control, Disadvantage: Time consuming, will be trouble if contractor dispute with u. Coz they're only on small project, they can afford to hack-care and lose your biz.

darcbleu If put TV on short wall, no need to shift the SCV point. But remember to put a downlight behind the extension coz it'll be dark.

* Another idea is some pple do a wall extension on the short wall, do a swivel panel in the center, and mount the LCD onto the swivel panel. Then u can also watch TV while at the dining area. So far I haven't seen anyone doing this design.

Edited by hihihi

Dear all,

I'm pleasantly surprised to find this thread dedicated to Bedok Central, and glad to find loads of answer to my questions....this is really a good thread to readup. (I'm reading LimeGreen's research, nice homeworks!)

Many thanks to Seraphine, who has placed a lead in singaporebrides.com :-)

And Big Orange, credits to you for starting this thread!

Early this month, I've made a booking for a unit in Blk 220C stack 26.

I hope to get to know new neighbours soon.....in a few months' time, or sooner through this forum

Anyway, it's getting late....i wish everyone good nite.

Lazurite,

Added you in the 1st post. We have 23 family here :)

Hello everyone,

I go a PM from Defong ID, he done up a unit at 219B.. Want to go together this weekend see see look look? Who interested?

:)

Lazurite,

Added you in the 1st post. We have 23 family here :)

Hello everyone,

I go a PM from Defong ID, he done up a unit at 219B.. Want to go together this weekend see see look look? Who interested?

:)

hey all,

my fren in 220A got keys already..2nd appt next week.

*can hear heart beat,tick tock,tick tock....*

so escited!!!! :notti:

Dear all,

I'm pleasantly surprised to find this thread dedicated to Bedok Central, and glad to find loads of answer to my questions....this is really a good thread to readup. (I'm reading LimeGreen's research, nice homeworks!)

Many thanks to Seraphine, who has placed a lead in singaporebrides.com :-)

And Big Orange, credits to you for starting this thread!

Early this month, I've made a booking for a unit in Blk 220C stack 26.

I hope to get to know new neighbours soon.....in a few months' time, or sooner through this forum

Anyway, it's getting late....i wish everyone good nite.

welcome neighbour :notti: r u from the balloting group?

Edited by lovelee

hey all,

my fren in 220A got keys already..2nd appt next week.

*can hear heart beat,tick tock,tick tock....*

so escited!!!! :notti:

raayn,

Maybe he/she from SERS.. that why faster get key.. my guess :unsure:

For those who are sourcing for home concepts, I found a gallery at ICI. And prices of paint at eStore.

My understanding on the latest date for key collection is likely to be before 17th July 2008 coz that's when China Construction hands over the development project to HDB.

Edited by DSA

eh, i just logon to myhdb and my status of application (HLE) has been approved, will be receiving the HLE letter by mail.. does that mean i will be collecting my keys soon???

Hello everyone,

Anyone wanna go together? :D

Errrrrr, hallo, Big Orange, I think you missed me out leh. I posted earlier ... will be in Blk 221B.

done! pal!

eh, i just logon to myhdb and my status of application (HLE) has been approved, will be receiving the HLE letter by mail.. does that mean i will be collecting my keys soon???

What your Q no? mine is 13x, still not yet approved.

What your Q no? mine is 13x, still not yet approved.

my q no is 30+, went dwn to select a unit on da 3rd day.