Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios
Sign in to follow this  
big orange

Bedok Central

Looking for good contractors? Click here for your request
Expert sia! :notti: I feel the deisgn is just pure design issue lah.

I just noticed the difference between the horizontal & vertical model.....

Horizontal Model

Thermostat - Surface mount thermostat pre-set at 65°C with safety cut-out at 95°C.

Design Registered Mounting Ring Bracket - Allowing flexibility in mounting the heater in any horizontal positions. Epoxy powder coated with expansion bolts for safe mounting.

Vertical Model

Adjustable Thermostat - Allows temperature adjustment from ‘OFF’ to 70°C (Low-Medium-High) with safety cut-out at 95°C.

Adjustable Thermostat Knob - Allows water temperature adjustment.

Thermostat Tube - Controls water temperature.

http://www.jovenelectric.com/catalogue/JVbro.pdf

:yamseng:

wow...i must say..

firstly, all of your comments and own personal experiences are really waking me up in terms of the financial aspects of this major life turning event of mine.

a good estimate is abt minimal $20k with all stuff...

consider the MUST have and good to have... the good to have can come in at a closer date.. if you have Credit card that allow you to break it into interest free installment only only use it when really really need it is quite temping to use it to buy buy buy but a word of caution is .. dun get a shock when you recived the bills :) work within you budget (ok less eating out, movie hee hee)

5 cents worth :)

anyway happy budgetings study some of the reno plans of other for reference

:good: good luck :good:

a good estimate is abt minimal $20k with all stuff...

consider the MUST have and good to have... the good to have can come in at a closer date.. if you have Credit card that allow you to break it into interest free installment only only use it when really really need it is quite temping to use it to buy buy buy but a word of caution is .. dun get a shock when you recived the bills :) work within you budget (ok less eating out, movie hee hee)

5 cents worth :)

anyway happy budgetings study some of the reno plans of other for reference

:good: good luck :good:

Hi, did you get the PD door or normal bi-fold? Did you also do it for the MBR toilet? How much? I got quote from Yontat for a normal bi-fold door @ $280. Also noticed that you have paid for your TV license. Think I will pay for mine only after my renovation and after I moved in.....hee hee

Edited by frederick_chia

Hi, did you get the PD door or normal bi-fold? Did you also do it for the MBR toilet? How much? I got quote from Yontat for a normal bi-fold door @ $280. Also noticed that you have paid for your TV license. Think I will pay for mine only after my renovation and after I moved in.....hee hee

i got a bifold door free from my contractor.. photo are in my blogs

Hi Fred, actually u have read but perhaps not understood the pdf which actually holds the answer to your query of which model of Joven storage heater heats up water faster as the rate of heat transfer depends on, amongst numerous other factors such as power rating of the heating element, the placement or orientation of the heating element with respect to the material to be heated, i.e. greater contact surface area with the heating element by the material that heat transfer is to be effected. For heating of water in storage water heaters, the method of heat transfer is convection or more specifically natural convective heat transfer. Thus, contrary to popular belief or rather sheer ignorance, Joven's design of their storage water heater is not just for aesthetic purposes, there are practical reasons for horizontal & vertical models due to the space available at point of installation. This comes under engineering. The heating element part is under thermodynamics.

Standard aluminium bi-fold door $180. With installation. I have one which replaces the MBR toilet door. Then again, I should have followed Ryan's ingenuity and save myself $180.

Edited by DSA

$180 or 280 is abit exp.. but is this come with dismantle of door frame? then it will be different story.. my parent hse install 2 doors cost about 200-220bucks.. w/o dismantle door frames..

other factor might be the quality of door?

$180 or 280 is abit exp.. but is this come with dismantle of door frame? then it will be different story.. my parent hse install 2 doors cost about 200-220bucks.. w/o dismantle door frames..

other factor might be the quality of door?

Nope, Yontat said to come down just to fix 1 door, it's $280 cos they need to coer their trpt cost. But if I make 2 doors, it will be $200 each. All need not dismantle the original frame. My kitchen door is oready part of the package.

DSA,

Sorry, but I still don't really understand on what you say on the heaters....can explain in layman terms, ie, not so cheam...

For your bi-fold door, can provide me with your contact? I cannot squeeze my ID anymore...he near to chopping me off as I manage to squeeze a Sys 3 aircon & all carpentry work to be fitted with slow motion hinges by topping just an additional of just $1K.

:notti:

Nope, Yontat said to come down just to fix 1 door, it's $280 cos they need to coer their trpt cost. But if I make 2 doors, it will be $200 each. All need not dismantle the original frame. My kitchen door is oready part of the package.

DSA,

Sorry, but I still don't really understand on what you say on the heaters....can explain in layman terms, ie, not so cheam...

For your bi-fold door, can provide me with your contact? I cannot squeeze my ID anymore...he near to chopping me off as I manage to squeeze a Sys 3 aircon & all carpentry work to be fitted with slow motion hinges by topping just an additional of just $1K.

:notti:

Hi Frederick,

Mind to post a picture of your door? 280?

I thinking to do the PD door for MBR.

Hi Frederick,

Mind to post a picture of your door? 280?

I thinking to do the PD door for MBR.

I'm still sourcing for cheaper options.....The door which Yontat quoted me is just the normal aluminium bi-fold door. If PD door is just a slight difference from this, then I might want to top up to fix a PD door instead to replace the current MBR toilet door.

:dunno:

Like that better don find this yontat.. daylight robbery... haha.. try flipping newspaper.. got a lot.. 100 plus to 200.. i called before.. :) anyway.. y don consider Idealsmith idea? save $$.. i regretted to install PD door if i knew of that superb move... :furious:

Edited by yokoyoko

Fred, try going thru the Joven pdf again. The answer is in there. The orientation of the heating element is detailed on the 2nd page. Or you prefer to hear my short recommendation? Take the horizontal model. Coz that's the one which will fit nicer in your bathroom than the vertical model. If your bathroom looks like this:

gas009kl0.th.jpg

Have u joined the Linear Green Group on the Facebook? I posted the contacts of the vendors I engaged & from whom I received good service there.

Edited by DSA

Like that better don find this yontat.. daylight robbery... haha.. try flipping newspaper.. got a lot.. 100 plus to 200.. i called before.. :) anyway.. y don consider Idealsmith idea? save $$.. i regretted to install PD door if i knew of that superb move... :furious:

Err, if I follow his method, my tempered glass shower screen is @ risk lor..... so I'm can only fix a bi-fold or PD door that is fixed @ the other side. How much did you pay for your PD door? I also thought of taking out our service yard door & cannibalised it to replace the MBR toilet door, but the labour cost is also about $200, in addition to the risk that the service yard bi-fold door gets damage in the process of tearing it out. If it's damage, then I still have to source for another door in additional to the labour of tearing the service yard door, ie, $200 + $280. :dunno:

Fred, try going thru the Joven pdf again. The answer is in there. The orientation of the heating element is detailed on the 2nd page. Or you prefer to hear my short recommendation? Take the horizontal model. Coz that's the one which will fit nicer in your bathroom than the vertical model. If your bathroom looks like this:

gas009kl0.th.jpg

Have u joined the Linear Green Group on the Facebook? I posted the contacts of the vendors I engaged & from whom I received good service there.

I'm more prone to getting the vertical model, but on the other hand, I'm thinking whether it is important to have the temperature control knob that is only available in horizontal models whereas the vertical model is preset to 65 degrees C.