Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios
Sign in to follow this  
big orange

Bedok Central

haha thanks man. i know! researching for all these is going to give me a big headache!

i also have a problem on which side to place the sofa and tv..

Have some GUTS!!!

Mount the TV on the ceiling.

Then do away with the sofa, buy mattresses and lie down while watching the telly!!!

Looking for good contractors? Click here for your request
Have some GUTS!!!

Then do away with the sofa, buy mattresses and lie down while watching the telly!!!

ha ha ha.. how is eveyrone :)

Have some GUTS!!!

great ideal, then no need reno liao, staying in a raw stone house, another good concept :notti:

ha ha ha.. how is eveyrone :)

i'm fine! how are u!!! :)

Have some GUTS!!!

Good idea!!

herbman76 - hello how are you? i'm doing okay. just got keys and checked defects!

err.. think we're not as pro as Ideasmiths or DSA, my dad and hubby only found one minor defect in the whole house! *worried* is it normal to have only one minor defect?

Ideasmiths - wah biang your idea cool lah. but neck pain leh after a while. we came up with some L shaped idea also but i still think its weird. why the short wall so short!!! :(

herbman76 - hello how are you? i'm doing okay. just got keys and checked defects!

err.. think we're not as pro as Ideasmiths or DSA, my dad and hubby only found one minor defect in the whole house! *worried* is it normal to have only one minor defect?

Ideasmiths - wah biang your idea cool lah. but neck pain leh after a while. we came up with some L shaped idea also but i still think its weird. why the short wall so short!!! :(

You can always extend your short wall by making a fake wall extension. However, do take note that you cannot mount anything on this fake wall extension, but @ least you can mount your TV to the extreme of the current short wall & with the extension fake wall, it looks "centralised".

:notti:

You can always extend your short wall by making a fake wall extension. However, do take note that you cannot mount anything on this fake wall extension, but @ least you can mount your TV to the extreme of the current short wall & with the extension fake wall, it looks "centralised".

Actually it is the lesser of 2 evils. An extenstion of the SCV point to the long wall cost lets say $100, and the building of the fake wall to lengthen the short wall will cost how $?

My setup is the TV on the long wall. When my sofa is here on the 23 or 27, then I can take photo and show.

My setup is the TV on the long wall. When my sofa is here on the 23 or 27, then I can take photo and show.

Yup mine planning to be like that too. Dunno which architecture came out with the design and placement of the scv points. The short wall so near to the windows some more. Quite weird to use it for TV without wall extension. really LPPL

perhaps dun have so much defects hee hee. look on the bright side :) chk your toilets door c if can close and lock properly.

Well, that's what I did anyway. FOC as part of thw whole reno since we doing false ceiling. Can't have one side of the wall long and the other short, will make the false ceiling weird.

And by the way, my ID actually conceal the actual cable (tv) point, so the other day Starhub personnel came down to enable my cable tv, they actually will check the whole house and indicate at every point that the cable (tv) point is enabled. And advise for all is plse do not terminate your cable tv account from the old house, Starhub will enable your cable points at new house FOC (I fax the hdb letter indicating i got the keys). No new sign-up allowed,

Note that before Starhub enabled the cable tv points, your tv is able to tune to RTM2 & TV3 but not RTM1, upon activation, is able to tune to RTM1 and the usual channels but you will lose free coverage to RTM2 & TV3 (unless using boosters)

Hi SoS, thank you for the info. Have you installed the rain shower? Do you have a picture which you can PM me please? Thank you.

Hihi, me not using rain shower, i using instant water heater (Joven). :notti:

anybody out there have photos on the placement of sofa on the short wall & tv on the long wall... i wan to see it...

I am placing on the long wall, see my t-blog for pictures. :D

And so it is proven: Once advertising is introduced, prices of merchandise goes up! Case in point: LG Aircon Non-Inverter System 3 - Price before TVC $1599, Price with TVC $1699!

Maybe your unit is blessed with good workmanship.

Did u use the defects checklist? And how many rounds of inspections have u conducted in each area?

:sport-smiley-004: BOLD ME!!! got the keys le! heh

anyone doing parquet flooring? I will be using it and yesterday one of the contractors asked me to sign the contract by this week (as early as possible) before the parquet supply around the region got depleted and its prices shot up tremendously.

I wonder how true is his words? anyone can clarify? hai.. dislike this kind of pressure...

And ya, i plan to put my tv on the long wall and sofa on the short wall...

;)