Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios
Sign in to follow this  
big orange

Bedok Central

U know, I know. Who doesn't know, check it out then.

I found someone's creative re-design of the layout of a LG 5 room unit. Interesting!

Wah, so mysterious.......

The design is nice & daring.....& I like it!!!! :dancingqueen:

Operation Linear Green: Rat Race!

I saw a few big ones on my way home @ Bedok South last few nights & this afternoon. Probably "relatives" of those in LG? Whatever it is, they are still pest!!!! :furious:

Join 46,923 satisfied homeowners who used renotalk quotation service to find interior designers. Get an estimated quotation

They get to breed & multiply because no one reports them to NEA.

since he is at facebook.. tell him to join us here lo(the onli thing is that here no games to play la... haha).. den he will know hdb design prob, rats issue and many many more.. if not even he join oso no pt... :unsure:

Edited by yokoyoko

Wah.....wonder if he is staying @ LG too & which block...ha ha

since he is at facebook.. tell him to join us here lo(the onli thing is that here no games to play la... haha).. den he will know hdb design prob, rats issue and many many more.. if not even he join oso no pt... :unsure:

Agreed totally!!! Facebook too quiet liao....not as lively as here! :notti:

wow.. granite flooring!! swee... reno permit must apply if u doing reno.. no hacking = don need hacking permit that is approved by those money sucking PE...

ok i've just checked the renovation guide provided by HDB... looking through the list, the only thing that needs permit for my reno is the installation of windows & grills at the service yard... so i think my ID is lazy to apply for it cos it's needed for ONE item only... -_-''

Just $3K? Your granite is for the whole house or just the living room? If whole house then it's extremely cheap! I originally wanted to do granite for the whole house (minus those wet areas), but was told that I would have to pay @ least $20K extra (even Ciseern too).

we are laying cheap China granite for living room + passage way + the 3 bedrooms... if including skirting, gotta top-up around $3.7K... maybe your ID quoting you based on good quality granite from India or something? hmm... :dunno:

Guys, i just had my hippcup #2 for my reno and would like to seek advise. Hipcup #1 being the kitchen and living rm tile not aligned which i will post the recovery action shortly.

My kitchen cabinets were just installed and my ID called my finacee to say that our chimney hood is not tall enough to reach the ceiling. My kitchen solid surface top is 89 cm from the floor and ID recommend 75 cm distance from kitchen top to hood so as to create better suction of vapour. my full height of hood is 89.6 cm and after installation there is still 20 cm height loband to the ceiling.

I passed my ID the dimensions of the hood that we bought at a sale quite some time ago before she do her carpentry and she had no reason to not plan this in the drawing. I also realise most chimney hood are extendable in height and height varies from 900-1500mm. in my house case we need a height of 90+20=1100cm which most hood can support, but unluckily the 1 i bought at sale is too short.

i feld she did not advise us properly on this maybe because i did not buy from her supplier.

Any1 had previous similar experience to share? Thx =)

hood.jpg

Edited by snowman

Guys, i just had my hippcup #2 for my reno and would like to seek advise. Hipcup #1 being the kitchen and living rm tile not aligned which i will post the recovery action shortly.

My kitchen cabinets were just installed and my ID called my finacee to say that our chimney hood is not tall enough to reach the ceiling. My kitchen solid surface top is 89 cm from the floor and ID recommend 75 cm distance from kitchen top to hood so as to create better suction of vapour. my full height of hood is 89.6 cm and after installation there is still 20 cm height loband to the ceiling.

I passed my ID the dimensions of the hood that we bought at a sale quite some time ago before she do her carpentry and she had no reason to not plan this in the drawing. I also realise most chimney hood are extendable in height and height varies from 900-1500mm. in my house case we need a height of 90+20=1100cm which most hood can support, but unluckily the 1 i bought at sale is too short.

i feld she did not advise us properly on this maybe because i did not buy from her supplier.

hood.jpg

Talk to your hood manufacturer and see what they can do? Perhaps there is one extension that you can use? You can also check if the hood manufacturer allows you to swop to another model?

Last option is to demand your ID to redo the top cabinet...but trust me, they will give all sort of excuses.... However, after awarding your ID the job, you will still need to supervise the progress of the work youself as often as you can. For me, I always go to see once before I go to work & once after I come home (well, I have the luxury of just staying opposite currently). Hiccups usually happen based on miscommunication and no supervision.

Btw, there will be more hiccups to come in time.... & you will be get used to it soon. Nevertheless, do more homework on the remaining items undone & see if you can minimise hiccups.

Edited by frederick_chia

the only thing that needs permit for my reno is the installation of windows & grills at the service yard... so i think my ID is lazy to apply for it cos it's needed for ONE item only... -_-''
It's not that he is lazy but because this renovation work is under the window contractor who will apply for the window permit on behalf of the flat owner. Flat owners must engage only BCA approved window contractors listed with HDB to carry out installation/replacement of new aluminium windows in HDB flats. The BCA approved window contractor will submit the application electronically to HDB, with the name of their trained installer in the application for window permit.

It's not that he is lazy but because this renovation work is under the window contractor who will apply for the window permit on behalf of the flat owner. Flat owners must engage only BCA approved window contractors listed with HDB to carry out installation/replacement of new aluminium windows in HDB flats. The BCA approved window contractor will submit the application electronically to HDB, with the name of their trained installer in the application for window permit.

ah ic, thanks for educating me. learnt another thing. i have to take back my comments regarding my ID then. =)

we are laying granite tiles... gotta top-up around $3k to our ID... =(

My ID told me since our unit not doing hacking, no need to apply renovation permit... hmm...

chk the handbook that was given by HDB. not everything thing need permits.

hood.jpg

I shown my ID the type of hood and dimensions before he did his planning. It was fine for me as my hood is at a height of 936mm. The recommended height between the hood and kitchen top is 65cm - 70cm. Any longer and the suction weakens. You may have two options to choose: either change to another hood or ask your ID to build a 20cm height of cabinet on top of your hood so that it won't look as though it's hanging in mid air. hope this helps. :yamseng:

NEA has responded with Operation Linear Green: Rat Race! So effie, would you like to send in your sighting of the mickey mouse family? :thumbs up: Please do, okie? :help:

I have not seen the mickey family since then. but this morning while passing by the rubbish collection point at 220B, I saw a young one running for his dear life to hide in the bushes.

Hi All

Any one here have applied for Supply of Gas?

Can enlighten me on how i go about doing that?